GeForce 290.36 Drivers Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by alanm, Nov 28, 2011.

1. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Even if you don't play Skyrim which this driver is aimed towards, there are many other fixes invovled. Best driver to date for me on my rig.

2. Saiyan

Saiyan Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 12GB
    Anyone know how to force-refresh the profiles? Mine does not detect Skyrim as installed.

3. 8fishes

8fishes Guest

GPU:
    EVGA
    Why does everyone say that the drivers are for skyrim?
    Did anyone read the release notes and find no mention of skyrim other than AO addition?

4. faust1200

faust1200 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SC
    For me- Causing freezes and CTD on BF3. Reverting back to 285.79.

5. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    In what other games did you see an improvement? Maybe BF3? :)

6. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    And add to that Skyrim 1.2 patch change log, mentions nothing to improve PC performance etc. Just bug fixes in game quests, etc.

7. 8fishes

8fishes Guest

GPU:
    EVGA
    The 1.2 is pathetic, it's more for consoles and doesn't appear to add any more functionality than the improved hotkeys mod.

8. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Just gave BF3 a spin with these drivers on my tri monitor tri SLI system......got a driver crash and monitors turned themselves off and had to hard reset the PC :bang:

9. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Wow, I ask a question and you're a douche bag about it...thanks. Didn't know this was YOUR forum. :finger:

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    Something similar happens to me for L4d2 or AlienSwarm or any manually added exe.. wdf? never had any issues with nv control panel or profiles, heh..

[​IMG]

So what can i do, adjust manually predefined L4D2 profile in Nv Inspector without adding exe to nvcpl or what?

I have like 10-15 games that i need to enter manually:pc1::biggun:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011

11. daveab

daveab Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 480
    Maybe just me, or this is the first driver that downclocks with having 2 monitors, like it was just one monitor?

Instead of always having it ramped up to 405MHZ/1848MHZ @ 1.00V at idle always, it now drops down to 51 MHZ/135MHZ @0.96V at idle. Like it was only one monitor.

Either they finally fixed this that they said they never could because it was a hardware limitation, or I'm hallucinating.

12. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Um I think most people were complaining about this when running SLI. I could be mistaken though. :)

13. chirop

chirop Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 1080 X
    Nothing changed fps wise in DX11 in Arkham City.
    Atleast in the benchmark exactly the same fps results
    In dx9 it even looked like a slight decrease in fps in the benchmark

14. darthminus

darthminus Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    Make a shortcut of the TESV.exe on the desktop and then open the control panel. It should find it. Just a temp fix until they fix the profiles mess.

15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    if your not using vsync you should always see numbers like yours, but if you where to use vsync i bet each card would only hit 50-70% maximum. i use vsync and my cards range from 40-70% mainly and they'll go to 80-98% if theres a lot going on and the extra gpu power is needed.

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    heh that actually did the trick.. stupid nv..

tnx for the tip:nerd:

edit: but when i remove that shorcut it removes the profile too. Also when i checked show all profiles and unchecked it again and tried to remove these raw exe files in nvcpl it stops responding, same thing happens in inspector.

Wdf i've never seen such sloppy control panel and profile issues in entire 6-7years using their drivers..:bang:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  17. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    Still Flicker at windows boot, turning on/off SLi immediately show rubbish on screen. worst drivers I have ever tried. 285.79 was the best so far. This is a disaster beta drivers. at least for me.... 590 GTX classified.

18. jmsquared

jmsquared Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX690
    When I install the 290.36, after reboot, all letters on desktop and in applications appeare multi colored and blury to the point of being almost unreadable. Went back to 285.79 and all is fine now. Any idea what would cause that?

19. daveab

daveab Guest

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 480

Not using SLI. Only have one card.

It was never supposed to be possible to have it idle that low with 2 or more monitors if I remember. They always said it was a hardware limitation. So either that was all bull, or something isn't quite right with theses drivers.

20. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Ive just installed these with the usual "clean" method (driver sweeper+safe mode, clean install in setup) and i didnt had any issues so far with adding games into nvcp.

Ive just did this with MW3 to test AO and it added the game and profile just fine when i manually selected it.

As per the perfomance, didnt saw any improvements Tbh. Tested Batman, is all fine, less stuttering and more "smoothness", thats for sure (dx9, FXAA medium, all maxed out).

Saints Row III still runs like crap in some instances, oh well. Just tested these three, ill do some benchmarks tomorrow.