AMD Catalyst 8.93 (Nov. 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by marthand, Nov 21, 2011.

1. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Thanks, but it didn't solve the problem.

It is not a registry installation problem.

Everything installs fine from the installer, but the AMD Driver. which popups an error saying it could not find the INI file. So it ends up saying "Failures occurred during installation"

Will try downloading only the driver without the CCC package.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Ok, I have managed to fix it. I have uninstalled al CCC related software. Next I went over Device Manager and uninstalled the display driver directly from there. And without letting W7 rebooting and reinstalling broken default drivers, I went ahead and made my 11.11b fresh install :)

that was close to a fromat C:
    phew!

3. pastor_marco

pastor_marco Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I thought the multithreaded profile was for DX11 only at the moment - and specifically for the multithreaded.exe that comes with the DirectX SDK from June?

If I'm wrong - no worries - just thought I'd throw it out there.

Also, can you tell me what you are using to convert the BLB profile file into XML and then back again?

Thanks in advance!

- Marco

4. yy885

yy885 Guest

GPU:
    HD6850
    so...what is the best driver for single 6850? 8.93, 11.11a or 11.11b?

5. @ST

@ST Member

GPU:
    660 ti
    I think 11b is optimized for 6000 series...

6. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Where are the Video controls from CCC? I can't disable their magical features. :wanker:
    Blu-Ray movies look like a cheap SD TV broadcast from '90s if you keep all that sh|it turned on. :puke2:

7. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I would like to know this too.

8. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    From what I understand 11.11b are for 6000 series cards. Single/CF, not sure if they are selective or not.

9. jazz9

jazz9 Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070
    I want to uninstall these and seeing that some had trouble doing it I wanna know beforehand if I'd be using the right method:

1. launch setup.exe (from any driver version) and use it to uninstall everything
    2. without rebooting (I would normally reboot at that step but some had corruption afterwards...) use windows cleaner to erase all remaining traces of amd drivers, use driver sweeper afterwards just to be sure
    3. reboot and install new version

Would that be the right way?

10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT

11. yy885

yy885 Guest

GPU:
    HD6850
    just tried 11.11b
    test BF3
    and it seems to be same as 11.10p3...

12. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    yy885 have you tried 11.11b with 11.11 CAP2?

13. day376

day376 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6570 x 2
    Thanks Blackzero and Saif... I had the black screen issue and was a beer from a reformat. I think there will be others with this problem. Here's what I did.

Uninstalled via CCleaner. Then without rebooting ran Windows Uninstaller (mentioned several times earlier in this thread). Next, for safe keeping, ran driver sweeper, Driver Cleaner Pro and CCleaner's registry tool. Each found some remnant of ATI junk.

Then went to device manger right clicked each card and uninstalled. Almost done...

Installed 11.11b. It was tough to see the options with only 8 colors but managed to get through with Win7 high contrast theme. Note: the driver install will fail, but that is okay, just reboot.

After you reboot run the 11.11x installer again, select only the display driver. Install. Finally reboot one last time.

14. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Didn't have to go through the 3 times retrial myself.

Uninstalling Driver -> Driver Cleaner Pro -> Uninstalling from Windows Device Manager -> Reboot -> clean install

that worked for me. But since I've made a lot of workarounds and reinstalling, perhaps these steps aren't enough to make everything back.

Thankfully I avoided reformatting and went over with a clean driver install.

15. pekka

pekka Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX580twin frozr PE
    i am considering a reistall of windows i wonder though how long can you run a win7 setup before it is time to reinstall?
    I have heard something between 6months to a year and then reinstall is that somewhat correct?

16. @ST

@ST Member

GPU:
    660 ti
    I´m running my OS now since two years without any reinstall...just a bit maintenance with ASC and smart defrag - good as new :)

17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I've found Vista and Win7 don't really need a reinstall. I use CCleaner every once and awhile to tidy things up, but even that really isn't needed.

But it comes down to how much you like to tinker with your OS.

Vista I ran 2 years, it ran fine; this install of Win7 is going on a year, smooth.

18. Tangles

Tangles Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD 5850
    Question. Are there step-by-step instructions for uninstalling these beta drivers? I'm curious to know if I should uninstall from Add/Remove Programs first, then reboot, then use Driver Sweeper (reboot), and then WIC? Or should I use WIC first?

19. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Yes there are. Read the thread the answer has been mentioned more than once.

20. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    run the installer from yur actual driver set, click uninstall, than custome , select all, remove, restart
    run new installer, install, restart
    dont use cleaners and other xit :)