Is Not Always ATI to Blame!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by wolfmenace, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfmenace

wolfmenace Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5970x2 2GB DDR5
    I am a computer technician for like 30 years now and I am gonna list some of the problems we have solved regarding ATI Graphic Cards:

1. Green particles while playing some games. (Especially Battle Field)

Description: The user was complaining about his ATI Card and he wanted to change it. We put Nvidia card, the same story.

Solution : The problem at the end was the Realtek sound drivers after disabling them through the bios and inserted a new audio card everything was working fine.

2. A client was complaining about his crossfire ATI Card that it causes his pc to shut down every time he was playing a game.

In some games after 1hour of gaming we were hearing some crackling sounds from the computer and immediately the pc was shutting down. The client had an elite pro creative sound card.

solution : At the start we removed the sound card and everything was working fine. We send and posted many messages about this problem blaming creative that their card was rubbish bla bla. We replaced it with a new elite pro card , the same story. his power supply was an 850w (good brand). We replace it with 1000w and voila problem solved!!!

3. The client was complaining about random crashed in games with his ATI Card.

After playing a few minutes some games were crashing and the user wanted to change his card to Nvidia.

Solution: We upgraded the motherboard of the bios which was stated that it improves system stability. Problem Solved!

I have to go now but I will come back and post some more problems we had in the labs.
    Anyway the point is that before you blame ATI you have to check that maybe is something else that is causing the problem. Is not always ATI.

I am gonna reserve the second post as well so I Can write a complete documentation with many problems and solutions considering ATI ...

ps: Excuse me for my bad English is not my native language :p

2. wolfmenace

wolfmenace Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5970x2 2GB DDR5
    (reserved)

3. blacblu

blacblu Guest

>Crossfire works on Battefield 3(Not rig problem)
    >Crossfire doesn't work on Skyrim(lol wat)
    >SLI Works on Skyrim(predictable)
    >Not AMD fault.(Sure)

4. wafu88

wafu88 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3
    It's not. It's Bethesda's fault. But since you're Mr. Knowitall, you can find out why it's Bethesda's fault and not AMD's. Or you can just whine and post like an ignorant fool instead.

5. blacblu

blacblu Guest

Videocard: DDR3

Ok.

6. bart5986

bart5986 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 290x OC
    I have a PHD in Graphics drivers and I'm saying it is ATI's fault :p

7. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
    recently i switch from a intel system to a new high and amd-ati buld and i can say is awsome! less money great speed! as technician i can say we cant blame only the drivers but the game programers that forget to support fully the product or miss something and the god create patches, but before that lets be sure about compoment compability and then blame something, just my friendly opinion

8. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Ive got a question for you know-it-alls
    how come crossfire works with arma2 but not arma2 reinforcements

9. LifeInferno

LifeInferno Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 Quad CF
    i dont like the game and i dont play it, so i never try to find for this one a trick a solve this problem... i dint say is never drivers fault but not always

(plus you have old vgas in time dont wait the best support for older product thats companies bussines policy)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  10. wafu88

wafu88 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3
    Unable to google why it was Bethesda's problem huh? Ignorant it is, good choice.

11. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    maybe because of this thread? http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=354664

Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  12. Norezar

Norezar Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5970 4GB
    90% of the time I have an issue with something it's related to Crossfire, AA, HDR or Shadows. Regardless of game, engine or driver version. Good hardware, bad drivers and pisspoor control over them. (See: CCC being worthless .Net bloatware.)

No, going from 80-120 FPS @ 1920x1080 in FNV with 7-12gb of mods to 24 FPS in Skyrim isn't reasonable.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yes it is, always been the way.

Nvidia have major driver problems, yup, its AMD's fault, for their ******* ****** drivers.

BF3 has (or did have), texture flashing and what not, on both AMD and Nvidia, yup thats right, was AMD's fault, their ******* **** drivers.

New Batman AC, has to be ran in Dx9 on both AMD and Nvidia, because the developers ballsed Dx11 up, why, yup thats right again, poxy AMD!!!!

Sadly, this will never change :(

14. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    I don't have Skyrim, but I do agree with you on, the software you bought good money for not working with your hardware. Be it user error(configuring OC's or whatever), or poor game coding, or driver issues.... it still stinks.

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Go away AMD rep. Instead of making excuses for your company's failure maybe you should suggest to them that they do their jobs.

16. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    I've never used CFX or SLI and after joining this forum I think I'm not going to any time soon either!

My reason for this is that I've spent alot of time reading and discussing what people have to say about the latest drivers for new games and although I think ATI are a bit slow with getting their drivers out compared to Nvidia I've read so many horror stories about CFX and SLI I just don't want the headache!

17. steveyc27

steveyc27 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    There is definitely a % of problems we blame "bad drivers" for when it's really user error or hardware/software error, corrupt windows etc.... Of course drivers can always be improved and patches released and games coded better, when we pull the "bad drivers" card, are we all investigating/researching/problem solving before we blame drivers? There is definitely a % who don't.

Why is there people with the same hardware/games that one has a problem and the other not?

18. bdub5886

bdub5886 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming
    I don't see this thread ending well. More arguments about drivers.

19. Brandon_34

Brandon_34 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 690GTX
    Because the others don't pay attention to their fps.

20. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    If a game comes out and Nvidia has SLI working and AMD does not...that is drivers. Period

Further, if AMD cards are getting 10fps+ lower performance on the same game, drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.