AMD Catalyst 11.11b "Performance Driver" (8.911.1 November 25)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

The games 'effectively' uses 2.5 cpu cores/threads out of the 4 it's programmed to use.

delete skyrim.ini and skyrimprefs.ini from my documents\my games

I get that sometimes and i'm not using eyefinity.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2011
  2. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    The point is that it would be nice for all if we could get some gains via CFX. We all understand that the engine only uses so many cores but I do remember that you could possibly tweak Oblivion to use more threads so I am wondering if that would help.

All said though this is NOT a reason to tell someone to shut up. Be polite or get reported. Sick of people thinking they can talk how they want here.

3. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    this driver is very bad for all games ( except skyrim )

4. causese1990

causese1990 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire 6970 CFX
    tried that already... delted the whole folder! :wanker:

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

then use the launcher to make a new lot of ini files. Unless you have mods installed that cause the crash or by menu you mean while loading a game save then it could be because you had originaly edited the ini (such as grid size) and now need to re-edit the ini to the same grid size to get the game save started. once started just change the grid size (or whatever change) back to stock from the ingame console and save again.

6. causese1990

causese1990 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire 6970 CFX
    nope ..

i can't even select load..
    after that dragon appears (where u can choose load/new etc) it just crashes.

I'll try to reinstall the game..

7. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    I sometimes wonder if this is a Q&A thread. Anyway, back on topic. Looks like your card is not supported, try "Mobility Modder". If that don't work, mention it to this guy twitter.com/CatalystCreator

8. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950@6970 2GB
    Let's hope the 12.x drivers will have some MAJOR improvements, not simple things like CF scalling with should be in official WHQL drivers, not some "Perfomance" ****.

9. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    @Mikedogg
    asder's "Supported Cards" list shows my HD 6900M Series. He usually has always mobility support enabled on his drivers. Thats what I don't get.

And I better tweet to CatalystCreator or -Maker when the driver is officially released :p

10. Undesirable

Undesirable Guest

GPU:
    Liquid Devil 6900XT
    Did you all remember to clean up that modified atiumdag.dll file inside your Skyrim directory? I wonder if that's the cause of some people's problems.

11. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Normally Asder does add mobile support. In my opinion Amd are lunatics when it comes to mobile releases, if you download a few of their versions you'll find the drivers are completely missing. Best thing I can suggest, is learn how to add your own hardware id's, I'd show you myself, but I forgot where to put them. :bang:

12. causese1990

causese1990 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire 6970 CFX
    Reinstalled the game..
    Did not help :bang::bang:

even tried to disable CFX etc.

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

^try renaming it to oblivion :grin:

14. alphaproxima

alphaproxima Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 @1040/1200
    Thanks for posting numbers

15. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Well there is nothing for it. Tried everything. Back to either 8.93 or 11.11a. 8.93 was working ace on every game, just no CF in Skyrim (just to help out a little). I have not tried 11.11a as of yet.

Really hoping I don't have to go back to the 8.93 though as its a pain in the a** to uninstall and I'm paranoid something is left over from uninstalling it lol :bang:

Has anyone here tried both the 9.83 and the 11.11a? Any suggestions which one to go back to?

16. Russ369

Russ369 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FE
    So should I not even bother trying these?

Lol AMDDDDDD WHERE'S YOUR HEAD AT?

17. HonoredShadow

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Well considering they crash Supreme Commander as well now (never happened before in the history of forever) I am getting rid but I have only tried 2 games so far tbf.

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I wiped the 12.whatever alpha (8.93) to see if this really does give any performance increase Skyrim. The area which I don't get 60fps remains the same 52fps it was in 11.10. Boo-urns.

The Catalyst team have to stop screwing around and drop support for XP and 32 bit in general. What % of users still use those? 1%?

19. Pearl43

Pearl43 Guest

GPU:
    3x HIS 6950 2gb
    I grabbed 11.11b in the hope that would help Skyrim, not the case for me, or many others.
    But my main concern ATM is i have massive corruption on my left and right displays...Does anyone else have this (If they have extended displays) with 11.11b? I revert back to no drivers and its fine, or go back to 11.11a or any others and its fine.

EDIT: Right Display, crappy quality, but u can see i only get solid red blue black white color.
    http://i.imgur.com/PGM9g.jpg

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  20. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    this driver make fps drop in many games ( a.c. rev. , dead island ... )