Nvidia AA guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Alopreo

Alopreo Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 280
    Would anyone have an AA flag for Sonic Generations or any guide on how to find one myself?

2. utilizer

utilizer Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660GTX Twin Frozr OC
    Update on L.A. NOIRE AA flag info:

Don't use "my" old 0x00411245 flag.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4157023&postcount=953

It seems, it has a shadow glitch on several locations. Although it works normal.
    Use 0x004000C1 flag by Guzz instead (For MSAA,TrSSAA, SGSSAA). But it has thin white line above black screen edge with MSAA on some cases and "out-of-focus-notebook" bug on some videocards...results on different systems maybe various.

Or...use my new one flag 0x004100C0 For MSAA,TrSSAA, SGSSAA and combine it (if you wish) with in-game FXAA or Postprocess FXAA by somedude.
    I've been testing this flag for couple of hours with 4xTrMSAA + Postprocess FXAA...it seems works without any bugs except "white line screen edge".

Gametip:
    If you have a lags in-game or stuttering with no FPS hit, add this commands
    -str -npd -nonv ...in "Command Line" option menu. This can get rid of the gamelags and stutters for you.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @utillizer - Yup, I noticed the weird shadow bug in L.A. Noire this morning on one of the cases involving a car with stolen wheels and license plate. When I go to the dealership the shadows go all out of whack and glitches appear all over but only in the vicinity of the shop. So thanks for the alternatives, will try the 0x004100C0 one instead as I find the in-game FXAA to be very poor indeed especially on the cars.

P.S. You've told us to not use 0x00411245 and then in the final part of your post you've listed the same one again 0x00411245!!! Didn't you say that one has the shadow bug? ;)

*EDIT*
    The 0x004100C0 flag doesn't work unless you use MSAA + SGSSAA with the in-game FXAA. If I use MSAA + TrSSAA or MSAA + TrMSAA together with in-game FXAA then I get a mostly black screen with only the text visible. Ambient occlusion seems to be a bit glitchy with this flag as well or maybe it's the game.

4. fellix

fellix Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    BF3 already ships with native multi-sampling AA implementation, alongside with the post-process AA option. The problem with the first one is that the pixel resolving is done before the tone map pass which is the cause for the poor AA effect. The game needs a patch to correct this issue. On driver level nothing could be done for now.

5. utilizer

utilizer Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660GTX Twin Frozr OC
    f****ck...i've lost the good one flag and accidentally copy/ past it old one in that post. and because i want it to show you how it looks "in-game on/ off", i delete it in "Inspector" for i hoping to copy it from my post after i make some in-game screens...f******ck!!

ok...ok, i will go all over again. dAAAAmmmm!!!

ps. truth be told, i don't test 0x004100C0 flag without FXAA. so...i'm honestly don't know if it works as is.

edit:
    no...i give up. i was found the fast TrMSAA (0x00411245) with good quality...it has some "shadowmap" glitches on some areas of the game, but they are so little few in town...that will do for me.

i was able to find two of them so far: near Western Union office(Jean Archer); Near Front Doors of William Dewey's carshop

i'm tired, sorry guyz :(

edit2:
    this "shadow glitches" with 0x00411245 flag are just stupid - so u have the spot with shadows glitch in area, right...then u step away from that spot just for few meters and "glitches" are gone - it's ridiculous!

6. kobalt1001

kobalt1001 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 Extreme core
    Ok ty. Anyone for aa flag COD modern warfare 3 ? I want play aa x16Q thank you.

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    You can simply enhance AA in CoD or re-work it through the config file (which should be the easiest way to get 16xAA)

8. kobalt1001

kobalt1001 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 Extreme core
    thank you. But with the config i got nothing :( and by controle panel nvidia too. i can just force AA with a AA flag i dont know why

9. kobalt1001

kobalt1001 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 Extreme core
    Thank you

10. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    Still no flags for Crysis 2 ?

The AA in that game is killing me ITS horrible :0)

11. Snakes

Snakes Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti SC
    I was wondering if anyone can help me to get FXAA injector working in Deus Ex Human Revolution? I got it working in Borderlands and Dead Space 2 with no problem on the first try but in Deus Ex it doesn't do anything. I tried both the DX9 and 10 files from version 10 of the injector. I really hope to get this working cause the in-game AA looks really bad to me. Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  12. sparrow1911

sparrow1911 Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 750 Ti 2GB
    Next time try to search a bit harder :)

13. Snakes

Snakes Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 560 Ti SC
    I saw that, I was asking about the FXAA injector and not Nvidia Inspector. I saw it discussed earlier in the thread where someone else couldn't get it working with Deus Ex either so I thought this was an appropriate place to ask. The other person gave up before he figured it out. If there's a better place for me to ask the question then let me know, thanks.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  14. kobalt1001

kobalt1001 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 Extreme core
    Hello,anyone for aa flag crysis 2 and fear 3 for play this game AAx16Q ty.

15. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    World of warcraft cat dx 11

I tried what they said with WoW Cat Dx11 and it crashes if i tries to do what they did.

"NVIDIA Predefined FXAA Usage" = ON
    "Toggle FXAA Indicator on or off" = ON
    "Toggle FXAA on or off" =ON

If all are on WoW crashes when starting it.

If "NVIDIA Predefined FXAA Usage" = OFF then it runs, how come they can run it with it ON as their tests shows FPS and results while mines crashes ?

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,8...rkenntnissen-Tipp-des-Tages/Grafikkarte/Test/

16. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    guys you dont wanna use TRSSAA for crysis 2. its really hurting performance so much. just use new SMAA or leave it alone (the games AA technic is really good though)

17. kobalt1001

kobalt1001 Guest

GPU:
    gtx 970 Extreme core
    Hello, Thank you. it's ok for crysis 2 :) But the ingame AA of BF 3 is bad how enable better AA ?
    Thank

18. Psycho101

Psycho101 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 460 SLI @ 850/4100
    There'a a flag for DX9, using SGSSAA. The flag is 0x000012C1. Turn off in game AA via a config first. This does mean that you won't have any DX11 features (obviously), but you can still use the high res textures.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I can't get the green square indicator to turn off with forced FXAA for Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath with the v290.36 betas. This game is OpenGL but all the others I've tested, which do NOT show the indicator, have been DirectX. Can somebody else please check this? Thanks.

20. aNoN_

aNoN_ Member

Why can't we use DX11 along with SGSSAA? Anyone know why?

Also I wonder if it's possible to enable SGSSAA in Crysis 2 with AMD graphics cards, the 69xx series for example... anyone?

Lastly. . . Is there any bits for Metro 2033? Can't find to enable MSAA under DX9 :( only in dx10 and 11. Is SGSSAA bound to Dx9 or what? Personally I miss old OGSSAA that i used with my GTX 8800 SLI setup back in the days, no heavy performance issues like with SGSSAA and no need to use negative LOD bias. . ..

cheers