AMD Catalyst 11.11b "Performance Driver" (8.911.1 November 25)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    If you're throwing one out, I'll give ya $100NZD for it? ;-)

2. Wag

Wag Member

GPU:
    2GB 6950 Tri-Fire
    I have Tri-Crossfire unlocked 2GB 6950s, should I even bother installing these?

3. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    Removed

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    How strange that it has these Crossfire issues, I'd imagine AMD would have discovered it during testing unless there is something more to this.
    (Perhaps AA conflict? seems unlikely though and it's probably just a driver quirk since this seems a bit rushed - yeah I know that doesn't make much sense.)

11.11a has worked pretty good here, will try these since I use a single GPU card but I imagine I won't notice much of a difference.

5. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    In troubled areas, I'm getting a steady 30fps where it was only the low 20's with the 11.11a (6990); nice one amd!

6. cerealkeller

cerealkeller Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX Titan SLI
    I've been waiting for a X Fire profile to install my 5970. Since this is yet another crap driver from AMD, I'll stick with my Tri SLI 280s. BTW, even with Nvidia SLI we're getting flickering on water. I don't get it with 3D enabled, but without it flickers. Yeah, glad I switched back to Nvidia. It's like one in six drivers actually work with AMD and Quadfire is completely worthless.

7. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    I have a hard time believing you actually need a crossfire profile for this game. A single 5870 is playing great at 2560x1600. 5870 is like $150 or less.

It s console port with awful graphics but it s a fun game. Why not just enjoy it?

Btw both sides have problems with this game (bad scaling, crashes, bugs, etc.), why nobody blames Bethesda is beyond me.

Edit I hope a profile that works it s released soon before posts like my money was wasted on my second card and such appear.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  8. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Damn, I wish I could play the game at 2560x1600. Whenever there's even the slightest amount of water on screen, my FPS tanks from the high 40's to the low 20's ( even lower with CF disabled ), and I'm only running it on high at 1920x1080.

The simple fact there's a large amount of inconsistencies across multiple setups leads just about everyone to believe that it's a sincere driver issue. You know there's an issue when a GTX460M pulls more FPS than a HD5970 using the same settings ( 1600x900, 2xAA, high ).

9. LittleMe

LittleMe Member

GPU:
    ATI 5870/1GB
    The horrible indoor stuttering when turning indoors is due to Skyrim and not ATI's drivers. You can fix it by using Bandicam to limit FPS as detailed on this page:

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1258624-possible-fix-for-mouse-issues-related-to-fps/

Here are perhaps better mouse sensitivity settings than what that page suggests:
    fMouseHeadingYScale=0.0150
    fMouseHeadingXScale=0.0260

I use one ATI card and I still get Skyrim's first-person stuttering when not using Bandicam. All fixed now and works great.

10. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    I've not had any green flashing or dodgy clouds etc with this driver in Crossfire & Skyrim on either my 5970 or 6990. At a guess I would say you aren't using the 4GB patcher for the game so it is running out of address space.

11. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/catalyst-1111b-performance.aspx heres the patch notes:

Code:
    AMD Catalyst 11.11b performance driver features:

New in Catalyst 11.11b: 

Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling for (Elder Scrolls Skyrim and Assassin’s Creed: Revelations)

Elder Scrolls Skyrim
            Delivers AMD CrossfireX performance scaling
            Improves performance 2-7% on single GPU configurations
            Resolve corruption seen when enabling Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing on the AMD Radeon HD 6970 Series
        Assassin’s Creed: Revelations
        Batman Arkham City
            Improves DirectX 11 performance for single GPU configurations
        Rage
            Resolves a number of image / stability issues seen with the title:
                Fix geometry corruption, sometimes seen in Bash TV entrance
                Fix issues with Low-memory conditions on 32bit systems.
                Fix issue with extreme corruption with missing textures on 32bit systems.
                Fix memory leaks when deleting/reusing sync objects.
                Fix hitching and pausing, especially noticeable on some Quad Core systems when doing races and Stanley Express runs.
                Fix some missing shadows
        Battlefield 3
            Resolves intermittent corruption seen when playing the game at specific camera angles
    But for the most part still buggy in crossfire scenarios.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Well Bethesda doesn't have a great history, FO:NV had bugs galore....same as Skyrim - CTD, stuttering etc..

Which reminds me - GTA IV had a bug that would cause low fps when the player was near water, it was fixed in one of the later patches.

13. Crazed Weevil

Crazed Weevil Guest

GPU:
    2 x XFX 5870 1Gb CF'd
    No major issues with install over 11.11a. I can only really test Skyrim though.

Crossfire with Skyrim is still showing negative scaling though not as bad as before (it's only a little slower than a single GPU now). No graphical glitches that I could see, but I'm not running any AA or AF other than the FXAA setting. Everything else is running on the high / ultra settings. Using the 4Gb enable thingy as well.

May try some AA settings see if that loads better on Crossfire over single GPU but to be honest I'm getting fed up with buggering around with settings to get decent FPS with good visuals. Its over two weeks now and still no point in Crossfire...I miss the days of just get up and run games with decent testing behind them before release day.

By the way running 2560x1600 on a pair of 5870s so it's nice to have the extra power of Crossfire so I can have a little AA.

14. iZihbO

iZihbO Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5970 Powercolor
    Don't use "Skyrim4GB". That's like running the game with just 1 gpu just like before. So start game as you'd NORMALLY do to see the true effects of crossfire. Be warned though: Everything might go superbright and/or blinking.

Good luck.

15. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    which caps proper with this driver ?

16. jeffarese

jeffarese Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD6990 4G
    I have a Sapphire Radeon HD6990, i7 920@4.0ghz and I'm getting quite acceptable performance on Skyrim. I get around 80 FPS, crossfire enabled since patch 11.11 WHQL. I just did the rename trick of the executable to "oblivion.exe".

Am I the only one who managed that to work? :\

17. iZihbO

iZihbO Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD5970 Powercolor
    I wouldn't know, I'm only testing 11.11b because of Skyrim, and since the crossfire is supposed to work "out of the box" with these drivers - I don't have any CAP installed atm (I did some driver cleaning with ATIMan Uninstaller).

18. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    are the 11.11b , 11.11a with the skyrim cf fix only? or the bf3 fix are new?

19. mmsandi

mmsandi Master Guru

GPU:
    Man, ur from UK. Learn your bloody language.

20. dinodadog

dinodadog Member

GPU:
    2 x xfx6870
    wow watch out for the spelling police