SKYRIM - Performance Issues!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Altra001, Nov 11, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    I just saw this cool tip about GridsToLoad and save/load issue..

2. Aveon

Aveon Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2
    How does the Frames to render set to 0 make a difference?

BTW I really appreciate the extra research you always do to get things right :)

3. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    lol thanks, i didnt test it at all. I just stomped the 9 and launched the game haha.

I'll test it further.

BTW, yes, TreeShadows does nothing bad to tree animations. My bad, probably was looking at the pine trees wich dont move at all or something like that.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Just play the game at lower settings and enjoy instead ^^ You're all too busy tweaking while there is a Patch coming soon.

I personaly gave up at tweaking and just play with the default ini files at High with 10 Actor and Object fade.

5. Fr0stx

Fr0stx Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780SC@1100Mhz 1.087v
    +1, all this tweaking will need to be re-done once the patch is out...

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    well it will eliminate extra mouse lag and those 2 extra settings improved it..

Idk just try and you will see if it helps or not. It made a small difference here, enough to eliminate it 95-99% ^^

also tnx :)

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Dont want to really read all of the threads regarding this game,can somebody link me or tell me the best blocky shadow fix on chars,i dont like block shadows on chars when talking to them.....cheers.

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Anyone using the ENB patch?

9. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Did use it. It's nice if you don't mind ur FPS being cut in half.

10. Gardox

Gardox Guest

GPU:
    GEFORCE GTX 570 @805

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
  12. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I assume you haven't noticed that the game set AA to 8x when it set it self to ultra or high settings? :3eyes: My rig runs 60fps with everything on high, view distances are about 2/3 and 1/2 for actors and objects, enabled additional eye-candy in the ini, using 2xMSAA and 16xAF.

you need your decals (like you said it yourself) set on high, shadows on high (and make sure shadow resolution is 2048 in ini file otherwise you may get choppy performance in caves). That's it! :)
    Performance in towns is engine related and can only be solved by brute force overclocking, but it's not worth it, it's still not going to be 60fps anyway, 30-40 is fine for selling your gear or whatever).

hope I helped. I might have been a bit late with this response thou :/

13. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Hello =)

I've read some performance reviews of this game and i noticed this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

However if i put my 570 on ultra, i get bellow 30 in towns or even 20 (Markath), and only 4xAA and 16xAF. Outside the average is 40~ (at best 50)

I'm using the beta drivers 285.79, am i missing something? Thank you. =)

PS: Right now i have everything on Ultra except shadows and distance object detail on High. At it runs fine, still goes to 30FPS in most towns.

14. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    on ultra graphics 1080p i get about 20fps in cities and outdoors its 25-30fps and in caves or dungeons its 40-60fps. My system in my profile on the left.
    ...just letting anyone to know if they might want to compare..

15. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    @EL1TE

go to skyrimprefs.ini and lower outdoor ShadowDistance=4000 or max 6000.0000

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=1

iShadowMapResolution=2048

and lower lods.

[LOD]
    fLODFadeOutMultObjects=10.0000 (8-12)
    fLODFadeOutMultItems=6.0000 (5-7)
    fLODFadeOutMultActors=12.0000 (9-13)

Im at whiterun? city and when i look across the road i get min 40fps or so, with higher distance (7000-8000) it can drop down to 30-32fps (iShadowMapResolution=4096)..

Last edited: Nov 25, 2011

16. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Thanks a lot, i think i fixed it. I disabled VSync using nVIDIA Control Panel and now it goes up to 100 FPS. :eek:c:

I thought i had it disabled because i used the ini tweak that is supposed to disable VSync, but apparently it doesn't.

The other problem was the shadow flickering, hopefully it's fine now or i'll use your tweaks from the big post you did. =)

Now let's see if it just doesn't start to crash more constantly and doesn't frustrate from screen tearing. Thanks again.

17. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    that's pretty good, because with only one var change...

not only you heat your components needlessly and enjoy the full glory of screen tearing, but you've also managed to brake the game physics :)

18. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    I'll try to play with pre-rendered frames so i might be able to play with VSync, i just noticed that it was causing the problem, unless there's something else ofc.

19. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Its true that by disabling vsync, physics in the game get crazy and it provokes lots of weird bugs. I wouldnt disable it.

Huh? Current ENB version for Skyrim doesnt even has any effects. Just fixes shadows so me thinks that you talked without trying at all (btw, for some reason, Deus Ex HR ENB perf was about 5 fps lower than normal, and thats friggin good performance for a wrapper like ENB).

Same perf here as normal. I dun use it cuz it disables nVidia's drivers AO.

@The Hunter. Well, seems that changing the blur filter on the shadows from 3 to 9 did nothing to my fps (3 fps less maybe?). That said, im playing at 1152x864 and with 2k shadows only. But i didnt see any big performance impact and i like the blurred shadows, they look more natural.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I think you're talking about a different ENB patch, the one I mean stops lag/stutter and ctd...

I get 40fps right up to 100fps to 80fps then suddenly everything will grind to a halt at 25fps.
    It's a bit annoying....

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011