If i was the boss of the CCC team

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by bboy-mass, Nov 24, 2011.

1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Call a team meeting with the following agenda:

1. Why are people building/modding your drivers to deliver a better gpu experience???

2. Do you all feel embarrased?

3. Should we sack you all and hire Vandach??

4. How are you going to stop me from grading you all as "falling short" in the end of year appraisal/performance management??

5. Let myself and AMD down with 12.01 and its all over.

See you in the board room guys and bring your F@c£ing ear defenders.

Regards,

Bboymassuk

2. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    honestly it would hurt, the thing that make me ever more angry is how in the freaking hell can they work on 2 to 3 differents version at the same time ? and they really do, each and every time a "newer" driver come out it doesn't contain the fixes of the previous one.

how couldn't they figure right away it's a awfull waste of ressources that only give trouble to the end user ?

285.79 got released 2 weeks ago, since i played BF3, MW3, Skyrim, Saint Row 3, NFS the Run and every got a working sli profile and no bugs in sight. during that time AMD release more than 2 drivers and cap and yet there's still bug on most of those titles and few got a decent crossfire profile ...

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    People don't just mod drivers for better GPU experience

Windows gets modded
    Games get modded
    Hardware gets modded

Everything gets modded....

4. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    I know, but im talking about Amd CCC drivers.

dont see your point mate?

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I see where this thread is going.... *sigh*

To OP if you're pissed with AMD contact them and let them know about it.

I'm sorry but pointless thread is pointless.

6. GalileoG

GalileoG Guest

GPU:
    HD5970
    There is NO ****ing excuse as to why crossfire for Skyrim has not been released AFTER 2 WEEKS OF RELEASE. There is NO excuse for this WHATSOEVER. AMD has lost me as a customer. Never again.

7. andersondiaz

andersondiaz Master Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte r9 290X
    1. Why are people building/modding your drivers to deliver a better gpu experience???
    because we need better performance, we finding better performance.

2. Do you all feel embarrased?
    not, ati is good need better tools, example, profiles like nvidia

3. Should we sack you all and hire Vandach??
    not you can

4. How are you going to stop me from grading you all as "falling short" in the end of year appraisal/performance management?donr know

5. Let myself and AMD down with 12.01 and its all over

8. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    I've been thinking about AMD drivers alot lately and it's doing my head in! I've just decided to let them get on with it. I understand peoples frustration and RAGE if you catch my drift, especially with all the SKYRIM problems. But it just isn't worth getting youself all worked up over it, it really isn't! Unless you're really new to all this or using an ancient card the chances are that you knew ATI drivers have problems but decided to get one anyway beacuse you wanted to save some cash, am I wrong? Well, that's what I did anyway, I'm not a red or green fanboy at all. Yes the AMD/ATI or whatever I'm supposed to call them these days drivers do seem to be the source of much agony as do game and software developers as do hardware manufacturer's as do re-sellers. Don't let it harm your calm - or you really should consider a move to xbox!

9. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Why is it a pointless thread? its better than the usual "my crossfire isnt working"

if a company releases a gpu with claims of it being the fastest card in the world (my hd6990) then i want the best drivers.

i contacted amd and man i spoke to agreed why i was upset and that the cat team was small with a large workload??

wtf

thats not value?

value=utility+warranty

at the moment my second gpu isnot working on most games.

you can put up with it if you wish, but it sounds like the team need new leadership.

ill do it.

if i was manager the modders would be bored with nothing to do.

thanks fir your dull input. you must have a nvidia card??

10. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    the next console that supports tripple screen will cause a shift back to console for me. thats the only reason why i pc game.

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    dont buy dual cards and done?.

Dual cards = win if you play multiplayer game for extended time, for new releases = fail.

I have 0 problems with games.

12. CoffeeCrazy

CoffeeCrazy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA NVIDIA 660 Ti
    You say that like we're planning to purchase dual cards. We already own the cards. We're just trying to get them to work and are frustrated.

13. ScaryClown

ScaryClown Guest

GPU:
    3090 Zotac
    I tired of worrying about AND/NV drivers.I just install them if a game doesnt work...
    When new consloes come out in 2013/2014( is it?) i'll get one and game without any worry im my mind.
    Anyway my best gaming years were tied to PS1 era......

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Most people are guessing Q4 2012... it should have been last year or this year at latest. I'd rather stare at BSoDs all day than have to deal with console BS again. Don't even get me started on consoles.

15. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We'll allow this thread, however if it turns into a bitch and moan thread we have a problem. Keep the critique constructive.

16. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    Ive known about Skyrim for must be over a year also known the release date for many months why cant AMD have a driver ready for major titles like Skyrim and Rage ready for when the games are released.

Most guys here on guru spend 1000s on pc kit and want to play these games when they are first released and it is dissapointing that performance is not optimised in time.

I share the OPs frustration AMD sort it please.

17. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Mate,

Sounds like you're having all the issues in the world there... "game compatible" drivers are but one link in the chain, everything is different on the PC platform it is simply not AMD's fault if companies bring out sloppy software engines with minimal compatibility prior to their obviously too short release date. It's a constant battle for AMD, Nvidia and any hardware manufacturer to keep up-to-date do you not realize this?

If every game used the same hardware, same software and same engine then we wouldn't have this issue.. wait maybe you need something with no modifiable/customizable parts like say a console?! Please buy a console.

[​IMG]

As Extraordinary said, everything gets modified, nothing is the same and is constantly evolving and as hallryu said, pointless thread indeed, move along nothing to see here.

-smc

18. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Oh and Alt-Tab works for Skyrim, you can blame Bethesda for that lol

-smc

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Id be doing the same if i was the boss of the Nvidia driver team :)

20. wafu88

wafu88 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3
    If you were boss, I'd think AMD would crash and burn. You'd destroy it and no one would buy AMD again, no one would work for you. Based on that level of maturity on that post. Anyone who would do that... should not be boss of anyone.