Frame rate decrease after the BF3 patch

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Anyone else tried removing the settings sub folder and let the game create a new one?
    Note: you will loose any SP saved game progress.

2. snaipo

snaipo Guest

GPU:
  3. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    It's a bit slower on busy areas for sure. Though overall fps seems the same. Also some more lag. But anyway, the patch certainly did not improve matters, and I'm definitely not gonna update drivers for my videocard because dice decided to change performance.

The patch needs a patch is the right conclusion.

4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Deleting the settings folder and letting the game create a new one has helped although its still nothing like it was before the patch. I've been testing this for a bit now.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011

5. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
    I still remember the headaches I had with bad company 2, had to use 10.5 for a long long while, amd kept breaking the crossfire or gpu usage was not as good as in 10.5. Deja vu. Between DICE and AMD, i feel like bombing their offices lol.

6. mentalpeace

mentalpeace Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 Oc edition
    hey, i can see it clearly now.

It is all about bussiness and marketing.

They make you fell the urge to buy new hardware, aren´t you felling like updating stuff?

If they want, they can make a driver that runs 60 fps constant on a 5850.

thats the way it is.

(sorry for the english)

7. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    you could be right! xmas is coming up, they need to sell hardware!

8. fullrespect

fullrespect Member

GPU:
    RX7900XTX Hellhound
    The game runs like crap. Huge fps drops all over the place. Before the patch it was locked @ 60fps. Now on big maps I can even see the 45fps mark on the top right corner :( Game-braking.

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    After deleting the settings sub folder then uninstall then reinstall 11.11a I'm noticing an improvement. It's still not what it should be but it's better then when I initially created this thread.

[​IMG]

10. mentalpeace

mentalpeace Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 Oc edition
    trolls nowdays are so sophisticated...

11. fullrespect

fullrespect Member

GPU:
    RX7900XTX Hellhound
    @mentalpeace - if I don't bother you, can you tell me what's your game settings/res./driver/cap and fps? I see that we have the same GPU setup (6850 CFX) and I'm just curious. Thanks

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    [​IMG]

There is another pic from the same match. It still isn't as good as it was before the patch though. But the deletion of the settings folder and a reinstall did help some.

13. mentalpeace

mentalpeace Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 Oc edition
    1920x1080
    All Ultra except Textures.
    i tried every possible combination of 11.11whql, 11.11a, 8.93, 8.92, 11.10p 1, 2 and 3, 11.10 Extreme-G drivers.... with all the caps you can imagine.

I had very good perfomance before patch with 11.11a + 11.11 CAP 2... caspian 64 players 45-60, metro and bazaar 60 all the time.

After patch is all laggy 25-35 fps in intense action 45 fps the rest of the time. max cards usage: 60%.

But, you know how it works... EA have partnership with hardware companies, christmas coming.... the said "hey lets reduce performance so people will start looking for a hardware update!"... they even put a compilation of hardware benchmarks in his forums: http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...enchmark-thread-cpu-gpu-other-components.html

PD.: actually this worked on me .... im getting an I5 2500k and a z68 mother XD hahahaha, look at this: http://www.sweclockers.com/artikel/14650-prestandaanalys-battlefield-3/5#pagehead

14. fullrespect

fullrespect Member

GPU:
    RX7900XTX Hellhound
    back with updates. Just installed the "old" 11.10 Prev 1 / No caps (AFR forced with RadeonPRO) and guess what: solid 60fps on every map, except Caspian Border where the fps dropped a few times to 55-56fps - nothing to worry about.

For me, nothing compares to the 11.10 Prev1 driver, it's simply the best, and I've tested all.

Yeah, an i5 2500K @ 4.5 - 4.7GHz would be great for you. For me, my 1090T @ 4.0GHz / CPU-NB 2800MHz does a wonderful job, BF3 likes 6 cores at high speed.

15. mentalpeace

mentalpeace Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 Oc edition
    how do you force a profile with BF3? you put something on "launcher"?

every time i lauch with radeonpro ORIGIN reopens a battlelog Tab and the game does not start.

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    [​IMG]
    I took this pic to see if frame rates increased when there was little to render. So far so good, the drivers are working (albeit not as high as it was before).

[​IMG]
    I took this while at our main base. The performance chart looks to spike a tad higher then before but not as bad as is was when I 1st created this thread.

[​IMG]
    I figured that an overview of the battle would reduce frames rates a bit more then just seeing people one on one (well it is for me). Again, the spikes are bit more then normal but not as much as it was before.

[​IMG]
    Here is were I get to the main issue, scoping. Before the patch I had no odd spiking/frame rate lose when using the scope. Driver 11.11a actually fixed this problem for me. Now, after the patch, (even though it's better with the removal of the settings folder/driver reinstall) there is still a noticeable decrease in performance/odd spikes. If you notice the CPU jumps from 12ms to 19ms just using the scope. It shouldn't delay that high just using the scope like that.

17. fullrespect

fullrespect Member

GPU:
    RX7900XTX Hellhound
    I simply create a new radeonpro profile for bf3.exe I had the same problem as you, but with the Beta. Retail works fine.

18. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Update

Other maps are fairing well so far. Scoping isn't that much of a problem. However, I wish it was as good as it was before the patch using 11.11a.

19. Tmax

Tmax Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5870 Crossfire
    I had the same problem. I switched form Ultra to High in BF3 and all of my frame issues went away. I will wait for the next patch from Dice or AMD before I try Ultra again.

20. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yeah, I would guess that they would have to patch the game again away in order to release the map pack. But there is no real info on what they are going to fix though.