Medvedev's special statement on missile defense

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Xzibit, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Source
    Here is a video who understand russian
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Nc20TUEDumQ

2. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    and so it begins... and ends.

3. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Politicians shouldn't be allowed to play with big toys.

4. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Meh

Russian relevance reliably refuses resuscitation.

5. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Well, we need an enemy somewhere.

Hot enemies + dead troops = free $ for contractors, and fat retirements for govies in their post-public-job in-name-only defense jobs, but the sheeple eventually make noise.

Cold enemies + no dead troops = free $ for contractors, and fat retirements for govies in their post-public-job in-name-only defense jobs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the U.S. and Russia agreed to this ramp-up ahead of time, and are talking like they're upset, but are actually mailing themselves champagne for a job well done.

And if it's not agreed-upon, it could just be the defense industry leaders nudging public leaders (while golfing together...) to stir up something, as the iraq/afghanistan pot-o-gold is passing prime.

Either way, it serves the people in charge very well. Money money money for leadership's family, friends, and supporters ... and public approval for 'strong leaders' who stand in opposition of <name some other guy>.

And it works out well in another way : If you call them out on the scam, you're anti-<name your country>, and you support the enemy. Check-mate.

Bah.

L'sigh.

-scheherazade

6. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I mean not to say Russia can't do it, but really, this is their response when they're backed into a corner? "Cmon guise, you'd better stop doing that or we'll invent a magical super missile that will beat all of yours!1!"

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
  8. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    its more like a giant game of "get your hands off of my side of the cars back seat", with about ten different types of missles.

9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i would have thought europe has enough missiles as it is already lol too bad google maps is a blur at those locations

10. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I don't see a problem with this tbh. I don't see why America can stick missiles everywhere then cry when others do.

If Russia wanted to put a missile net around say the artic circle how do you think America would react. Just the same really.

11. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    well be at war with em over this by 2025 with Russia or sooner when they are finished because I doubt the Russian government will let it happen seeing how they sent troops into Georgia full force like they were going to take the whole country over because some parts are pro Russian the rest isn't and because the us has a nice pipeline over there.

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Its because the USA define the rules ;)

13. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    those 2 are again pissing the whole world off with their stupid missiles ? couldn't they launch them for once so we could all be done with it ?

i would slap both in the face and send them to their bedroom without dinner if they were my kids, and yet we call them "super power", how pathetic.

14. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    The funniest bit that missile defence systems with kinetic warheads are useless.

Russia can already amply destroy the ABM shield due to the sheer number of warheads it has. This whole missile shield is a way for the US to spend more $$$ in the defence industry and to "Help" the Poles with their irrational fear of the Russians.

Russia on the other-hand is trying to paint the US in a bad way and rile up the old "anti western" rhetoric to distract their people from the horrible truth which is......

Russia is run by a Czar named Vladimir Putin and has an economy kept afloat by petrodollars.

15. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    How so?

Yes and no.

Yes, in that they have plenty of missiles to overwhelm any current ABM system. No, in that they will have to spend more missiles per target to assure its destruction, which will save many other locations.

And I wouldn't call the Polish peoples fear of Russia unfounded. It was only 70 years ago that they were invaded by Russia and then subjected to its rule for the next 50 years.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011

16. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    Am I the only one who sees Medvedev's name and wants to just keep saying "vedevedevedevedevedev" over and over? His name allows for fun-time babbling.

- PR-0927

17. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    If there is a war am with the Russians cuz they always come with the best weapons and all kind of tech :) And just want to mention that the new prototypes of the T95 Tank and T50 Pak Fa (5th generation) jet fighter are simply amazing.I really hope there will be a WW3 just to see them in real action ^_^ Too sad Russia doesn't have any equal enemy :( Only USA can pretend for something but nah they couldn't destroy the Taliban tribe for decades and they are just 15-25 years old (older blow them self) with broken AKs.Oh yeah China and North Korea could pretend for something too but it's lost cause.Anyways i think am the only who is not surprised by what Medvedev doing.Russia have lots and lots hardware just doesn't showing it everywhere like the US Army :nerd:

18. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

No, I think you're deeply mistaken. Russian hardware is nice, but it's well-known to be...unreliable. Take MiGs for example - they simply cannot handle certain altitudes and climates that other jets can (India, for example, owns both MiGs and the French Mirage 2000 - the MiGs could not handle the climate near the Himalayas - the Mirages could).

Destroying the Taliban is not something that comes out of superior weaponry. That needs to be a hearts-and-minds approach, and it needs to not involve pulling troops from the region when you get close to seriously crushing them (Bush did this, the buffoon). Additionally, the native people have not been too helpful, and attitudes there need to change for any kind of success. The British, Russians, and Americans all failed to conquer this region for the same reason(s).

I assure you, the U.S. has the most advanced and powerful military in the world. It doesn't mean that it can just roll over anyone - money doesn't buy you unstoppable dominance. But it definitely makes a difference. Here's the gap of U.S. military spending compared to all other nations:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

It's absurd, yes. Lots of countries on this planet have become not much more than glorified U.S. military bases. This allows for remarkable power projection:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_deployments
    http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/10/28/graphic-mapping-a-superpower-sized-military/
    http://blog.hiddenharmonies.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/CG-map-3.gif

If a war broke out between the U.S. and any other country, really only three countries could really threaten the U.S. military - Russia (even if their hardware is unreliable and dated, it can still pack a nasty punch, and the Russian military is one of the world's best), China (NUMBERS), and India (NUMBERS).

- PR-0927

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  19. Nomadspy

Nomadspy Master Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GT220 512MB GDDR3
    I have to admit for something with you.USA really have currently the biggest and most advanced army.BUT!!!Read now.USA is in war so it should be equipped exactly like this.
    Here is what you don't know about Russia.Russia doesn't need war and doesn't want war.Their army budget is 20 times LESS than the US budget.Which in my opinion is still more than they need but that's not my business and i don't have the right to judge them.So here is what happens in Russia when the war comes to their door.In less then 24 hours the mobilize their power plants to death factories aka NUCLEAR power and hardcore one aka TSAR bombs.Few hours later the prototypes of the new weapons become real and their number will be much more then all US and NATO weapons together.
    Whats on the US front?Cool toys like F22.AWESOME but old and weak compared to Pak Fa.Many soldiers but totally unprepared for the harsh war life compared to playing Xbox with friends and watching movies while eating McDonalds (which i love and am hungry right now :D)
    What am trying to say is that USA will use their old hardware while Russia will hav brand new with much more capabilities.
    Next "hearts-and-minds".Forget the hearts!Hearts make you weak.
    "people have not been too helpful" HUMAN FACTOR.People afraid it's totaly natural and nobody should rely civilians for their wars cuz it's stupid.
    And finally about the jets.It's the pilots who control them!Not that i want prove something but your US pilots and their raptors was crushed by exactly these old MIGs this year by our Bulgarian pilots in training.You know it doesn't matter how big stick you have but how you use it lol
    I'm not USA hater i LOVE USA and i would love to live there if you think something wrong about me.
    Peace <3

20. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Wow someone is mental.