Serious Sam 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Xzibit, Feb 12, 2011.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    damn burnt(wardog) was just joining on a server you were on but you left ping was 150ish thuo.

we need the bf3 tactical light for some levels lol
    yeah i know follow the arrows

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    really? too bad i missed ya.

on another note for those of you that run SLI i found alot more stable frame rates using the compatibility bits from the Serious sam 2/Serious sam HD profile. run's alot better, i can hold 60 fps vsynced using them.

i just wish i didnt have to run the *auto detect* everytime i hop into the game, kind of pain in the u know what ...

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    you were gone as i joined

I tested a few modes and profiles myself today i'll give that a try again.

happy thanksgiving you guys..been helping to get some food ready most of the day.
    carrots pumkins and flowers
    thats what it would look like if you shot me tommorrow with some mashed potatoes mixed in....who said ss does not have realism

[​IMG]

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I think Croteam should give some tips to other developers about how to really make the most of their engine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Game looks amazing in motion. And the attention to detail is fantastic.

5. Pav4o

Pav4o Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970@1025MHz
    After the flood of console BS in the last years, this year I've been happy with Hard Reset, and, now, playing SS3 is a real pleasure for the eye. Thank you, Croteam.

6. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Amazing work with the sand.

7. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Hmm, no SLI gains at the moment with the latest beta's?
    99% on both cards but no fps gain, strange.

A little tip I've found.

Set cpu to lowest but then go through and set each setting to max gives me an extra 30 frames per second, can someone try this and confirm.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Looks great. So this game is worth buying then? I'm suddenly starting to get the urge to hit the Order button on Steam...

9. Pav4o

Pav4o Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970@1025MHz
    And on the hardware side, there is a major problem with Bulldozer. On Bulldozer systems the game hard-resets the computer at start. That's why I have to play it on my secondary computer, but I do not regret that, as it is a quite powerful CI7 2600K mashine. There seem to be issues with CF as well, but, surely, these will be ironed out with new driver releases.

If you like the original SS first & second encounter hit the order button with no hesitation. SS3 is a classic old-school shooter.

10. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Anyone managed to complete The Guardian Of Time chapter ? I'm having problems with the last boss, any help is welcome.

Found jetpack, using cannon, but that heath regenerates so fast that I dont have time to kill it, then running into problems with other enemies... So, kill small ones first and then attack with cannon or ignore small ones ? Which weapons I should use ? What kind of range should I stay from that big one and doesnt it matter which parts I hit ?

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    after watching a video about gameplay of this game . the GUN animations were so bland. actualy good maybe but not satisfying for me. so i didnt buy and paid for SR3. will buy this when it is cheaper pls.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I believe Netrisca (middle mouse button UI thing.) has a note about a possible weakness, I kinda missed it until halfway trough the game but you can wait and more info pops-up for the object that you have selected, after that a short rotation around said object begins and then this starts over from the beginning.

13. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yes pita
    you need to use the poles lying on the ground the flashing red 5- 6 poles jump and try to nail it in the head but you need to wait in till it gets stuck by lightning that makes it more vonarable
    let off a bunch of cannnon balls on the ground foes then wait for lighting and have jet pack ready with a pole

anyone play mp and get stuck in the lava pit forgot the map name ?
    if theres a way out i'll be damned i dont think so,its sorta under the map.you hit fire to respawn and it puts you right back in the bottom of the pit wth?

see here
    [​IMG]
    when i ran out of rockets and c4 to kill my self with i had to leave and rejoin to get out.

i tried what darrelsimmons did and saw gains of 10-20 frames not sure if it looks as good ? i think it does.
    was dropping to around 30ish numbers in action now 50s
    [​IMG]

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Don't shoot me but does this game have native Xbox 360 controller support? It's just I prefer to play my games that way and don't play online anyway so I don't need the accuracy of a mouse.

15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    cowie, which driver set are you using? i get great performance with SP, but MP is terrible ... im using the 285.79 Beta's

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol need to say that yes? dont shoot etc. and pointing out that u wont be playing online etc..

man, HUMAn being is so hateful so we need to say that. i understand u.

according to steam it supports gamepad mate..but how good? i dont know. i will be playing this with gamepad for sure. and for sure i will be playing this with gamepad when i go coop too.. i did borderlands and it was great ;)

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    285.62 whgl

try that what ds said got me a few more frames.

set cpu performance low then move all high in custom screen.

18. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    Serious thanks to you cowie :)

Killed that bastard, good to see that archivements are bugged and did not get archivement for that, o well, seen that happen with other games before so not a big deal.

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Finished it. Awesome.
    The best Serious Sam game released so far. Definitely Croteam on top of their game.

20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Bought it last night, haven't played it yet, but had to support croteam, love this series, hope to game tonight.