MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 8 (2011-10-02)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Not planned, NVIDIA is going to include fps limiter in the drivers soon, see no reason in investing time into cloned functionality.

2. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Thank you for the clarification! :)

Is there any ETA for that "soon"?

Oh well, they just included an FPS limiter command on Battlefield 3 in this morning's patch and I saw it right after I posted that. :p

3. HighONE™

HighONE™ Member

4. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There should be a setting in the program to give people the choice in upgrading or not upgrading this forced EXPIRED or EXPIRED message should not be forced on people to keep upgrading the program when the previous version was already working fine in the first place.

Most people only need the program for overclocking and fan speed settings/fan control ect....

This method you currently use unwinder is to force people to keep coming back. its a nice method of intimidation aswell cause if you dont like someones question who are they to argue with the almighty.

5. Unwinder

Which part of this posting is not clear for you? The method I use is the only way to release UNTESTED beta versions to public and get them deactivated for all users at once after limited testing period when all possible bugs are nailed down and ironed. It will not change whenever you guys continue thowring insults or not. Accept it or don't test betas. And if this lame beta-related trolling continue, I'll just select a dozen of trustowrthy power users from forum and test time limited betas privately like it was with RivaTuner during its lifetime. So you'll get the releases less frequently and none of those who spread rage about expired betas with each release won't have a chance to touch it. No other ways.

6. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Unwinder, is it possible to make that expiration window a separate thread so Afterburner can start without having to press OK first? Fan profile etc. doesn't load until that button has been pressed and while it's a "luxury" problem I sometimes set PerfectDisk to reboot after defragging my HDD while watching a movie, and suddenly the fan speeds up and the profile won't activate until I've paused the movie or whatever and clicked that expiration notice.

ps. thanks for Afterburner, the best tool for overclocking and fan profiling I've ever used. :)

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    You guys remember that high ram temp bug that some had with the 560 hawk??
    i found it today but got rid of it too.
    i got it by adding another 560 ti (nv brand) all was ok till i hit the un sync box.(simply nv card could not run the hawk clocks)
    but after i switched out the cards and re installed driver all ok even with the box unchecked, now i cant even reproduce it for a ss lol.

8. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    A little secret,

i know how to remove the warning and push exp date to which ever date you want. It very convinient since i don't upgrade afterburner everytime there's a new release.

9. sexus

sexus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GF GTX 680 sli
    care to share that little secret cause i hate it too to have to fear that i may not be able to run afterburner sometimes since the exp date gets so close, whoever implemented this must not be using afterburner himself -.-'

and if you wanted a way to spread untested betas just activate check for update every 1 day or a certain amount of time then itd autoupdate to the newer version many programs do it why not msi afterburner? makes no sense no offense :)

btw for bug reporting you could open an official thread and simply integrating a beta test countdown timer into msi afterburner but not having its function expire :3eyes:

p.s: msi afterburner ftw! :banana:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  10. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Unwinder, do you think Nvidia will include the FPS Limiter before the end of this year? Or will they wait for next GPU generation?

Thanks by the way, I love all the hard work you're doing for us.

11. Unwinder

Discussing it further will cause both to leave the forum, sorry.

12. Unwinder

No ideas.

13. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    ? about why would my FurMark 1.9.1 score is lower when using AB to OC than using CCC

I was testing my overclock with FurMark using the 2.2.0 Beta 8 version of Afterburner and noticed my FurMark scores where really low around 4445 using Afterburner to OC my 6990. :confused:

I then turned off AB and used CCC to overclock my 6990 and noticed my FurMark scores was back to normal around 7322.

Note: I have used default clock speeds, default voltages etc when testing.
    The performance is always bad when using Afterburner to adjust the 6990 proprieties opposed to using CCC.

Does anyone know why this would be happening?

I really want to use AF so I can control my voltage and get higher clocks since CCC limits the max voltage settings.

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  14. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    u may be overclocking too much and causing issues?

@ my GPU i can overclock memory much higher than current, but GPU will start sttutering really heavily (slowdowns) and such.

15. Unwinder

Beta 9 will be submited to MSI today. Changes list includes:

- Added core voltage control for reference design NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 cores series graphics cards
    - Added core, memory and auxiliary PEXVDD voltage control for custom design MSI N560GTX-448 Twin Frozr III Power Edition series graphics cards with uP6218+uP6262 voltage regulators
    - MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 4.2.4. New version gives you the following improvements:
    o Now MSI Afterburner displays captured video file time, size, per-frame compression ratio and time in the On-Screen Display next to the video capture progress indicator only when "Show own statistics" option is enabled in the server's properties
    o Added power user oriented application profile setting allowing MSI On-Screen Display Server to detect runtime function offsets dynamically on each 3D application startup. This provides On-Screen Display functionality support in applications using modified Direct3D runtime libraries (e.g. FXAA injection Direct3D runtimes)
    o Updated profiles list
    - Added new compatibility option allowing using protected kernel mode low-level access to hardware instead of user mode one. This option can also be used to bypass Punkbuster related stability issues
    - Now MSI Afterburner restores default hardware automatic fan control mode when logging off from Windows
    - Now power users may enable optional single tray icon mode via the configuration file. When single tray icon mode is enabled, the primary application tray icon is being replaced with hardware monitoring tray icon(s) if monitoring in system tray is enabled and MSI On-Screen Display server's icon is not being displayed in tray when the server is loaded. Please take a note that MSI On-Screen Display server's properties are still accessible via "More" button in "OSD" tab
    - Now shared control memory reinitialization is initiated by delayed fan speed readback mechanism
    - Now MSI Afterburner can restart itself automatically instead of displaying restart requirement notification after changing some global compatibility options, e.g. unlocking voltage control or disabling low-level hardware access interface
    - Now DirectX web setup is integrated into the installer
    - Fixed critical typos in Polish language pack

16. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Great improvement list as usual Alex!

In particular, thanks for adding this one for me.

17. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Awesome! Thanks Alex!

18. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    thanks man !!!

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru