SKYRIM - Performance Issues!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Altra001, Nov 11, 2011.

1. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    the consoles have issues with 90% of games. we are talking about people with good gaming gear. Heck the performance that consoles give would have folks on here foaming at the mouth. check out this happy ps3 gamer hahaha
    https://twitter.com/#!/DracarysFire

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Works on launcher. :)

3. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
  4. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    No real performance issue's here other then the already reported drops in fps when looking to a certain location. (ground, city, mountain.. etc.).

Im running the game with only 1 GPU because SLI is still borked even with the new beta's!. And with no HT so no stuttering for me (same as for BF3).

Outdoors ~ 50FPS
    City (depends where you look) ~ 30-60FPS
    Indoors ~ 120FPS

Running @

1920x1080, 120Hz v-syncd.
    8xAA, 4xSSAA 16xAF (Set in NVCP) (ingame AA and AF are also borked)
    All Ultra
    With tweaked ini to get more distant tree's, grass etc. Better water and shadows.

5. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    Im also having drops in fps in some areas and ONLY in towns like "Whiterun". The min frame I get on Ultra settings with all AA/AF enabled is 24fps in other areas of the map I get 45-50 fps min.

The d3d9.dll and enabling more than 2gb of ram doesent seem to give me any performance.

I manualy set the shadows to Low(tweak them then in the SkyrimPref.ini), Object Fade and Light Fade to 10 while keeping everything else Ultra and then in "Whiterun" my min fps is 28-31.

Im starting to wonder if my cpu and ram are the problem. All other games work great on highest settings with no such problems.

are there some other performance tweaks besides the d3d9.dll and enabling more than 2gb of ram?

I hope Bethesda comes up with a patch real soon..

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

Thanks for posting this !! it worked for me aswell.

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ok tnx, i didnt really see any difference so i hooked it up to TESV.exe.

Guess i'll add back to launcher again :nerd:

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    When i added +fullproc i got screwed up textures in the basement of the Thieves Guild.

9. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    To clear things up i entered the above command by opening the steam libary right clicking the game then going Properties > General > Set launch option and entering the +fullproc

Also installing the FXAA Post Process Injector that solved all my CPU/GPU problems i had gpu usage of 40-50% and after doing the following 2 my gpu usage sits on 100%

Link to the FXAA

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=131

(Might need to be a member)

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    Yea fxaa + AO -quality + 4xaa + ingame iShadowMapResolution=3072 = gpu usage to max..Even indoors at only 1024P (fps drops to 53fps)

At shadowMap =2048 (default high) its fine, 60fps vsync cap again.

But outside it doesnt help much/make a difference, 2048/1024 same :crapper: lol, low 35-45fps (rarely 50-60fps) at most larger city areas..

edit: this basically speaks for it self..
    [​IMG]

im not at demanding reso and i get almost the same fps as stock 3960X.. Now im really curious about that multi core dx11 patch:beam:

EDIT
    :

Can anybody with 285.62Whql, confirm this? or is he ****ting around lol

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=216313&view=findpost&p=1330855

if true i'll go back to 285.62whql pronto!! :megaman:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

11. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    if you put +fullproc in google, it goes all the way back to Battlefield 2, tbh, i dont know if it does anything really. I didnt found something conclusive, not that i could test it anyway since for me its using 90% of the CPU constantly lol

12. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC

I can't confirm with that set of drivers (Im using 285.79) but i do get above 70 fps in cities easily with a gtx 580 stock speeds and a i7 920 and 4.2ghz

Sounds reasonable enough dunno why people are flaming him some machines especially the newer sandybridge seem to be having all the problems ?

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    At what ingame settings? Well i very much doubt with shadows set to high or ultra..

edit: did you open that spoiler?

But then again they used 285.79 and you somehow claim the same as that guy except you with 285.79, so idk for sure.. I guess i'll have to find out my self :p

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    +fullproc....

best used with +maxPerf hahhahaha

+fullproc, u guys.... :grin:

15. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    You are correct in mentioning shadows sorry totally forgot that

I play with everything maxed minus

Radial Blur Quality - Low
    Shadows - Low

The reason i play with shadows low is i looked for my self at the difference between ultra and low and all it does is add bit more of a jagged edge rather than a clean cut straight line on low so i find its not worth the performance hit

The view distances are also set to default have not tried to max those but i would assume it would hit performance significantly

Also if anyone could explain exactly what radial blur quality does i assumed it was bluring in game so i put it on low

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    Radial blur is for slomo effects, running, damage,etc..

Yea im using 2048shadows (high), guess i'll have to lower to what 768? or even 512..

edit: yep 512 :(

According to low.ini configurations settings profile these are default low shadow settings. (in main game dir)

Anyway i reverted back to 285.62 updated game profiles and well its the same story, same perf. as 285.79..

I also monitored my gpu via MSI but on keyboard display and surprisingly even with all mods plus AO -quality, 2xmsaa, FXAA by somedude "high setting" it was using max ~590mb (grids to load=7) heh but yea im at lower reso. guess i have plenty to spare when i'll upgrade soon :)

Gpu usage was hitting 90% at times because of AO, but when it crippled to 40fps gpu dropped to ~ 65%..

Damn engine and its shadows limit everything lol, that dx11 patch better make some miracles :pc1:

17. MountainLynx

MountainLynx Guest

GPU:
    RX 570 8GB
    The memory limit increase was quick and extremely effective in my case. I'll have to adjust the values a bit, as this monstrosity of a laptop could hold the entire game in RAM and still have plenty to spare.

18. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Just got around installing the game and having a play. I set everything to the highest details running at 1920 x 1200 everything is smooth. I get constant 60 GPS and my cards are loading around 60%. Only problem is shadows flickering but this doesn't affect performance

19. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    How do you increase memory limit? Can you increase it to, say 8 gigs?

20. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    I think he's talking about the LAA patch that increaes the allocated ram for the exe to 4gb instead of 2.