Tweet CatalystCreator, We want AMD DX11 Multi-Threading support

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by wafu88, Nov 18, 2011.

1. wafu88

wafu88 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3
    NVIDIA currently offers full support for multi-threaded rendering/deferred contexts/command lists, AMD does not.

There are now multiple games with DX11 MT support. This is something AMD should have had supported since DX11 games were first introduced.

CodeMasters have said they didn't have DX11 MT support in their DX11 games because AMD refused to support it in their drivers.

Think of other ways to get AMD to support it? Write it here. This is unacceptable after 2 years DX11 games been released, and AMD still can't support what I think is the biggest feature of DX11.

Nvidia hardware performs better in Civ V already because Nvidia released drivers with MT support. BF3 I believe is supposed to support MT as well. This is something that should not be tolerated by AMD DX11 GPU owners!

2. asder00

asder00 Don Di Driver

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64 Liquid
    September 9th, 2009: :bang:

Multithreaded Rendering is a feature which allows DirectX to be processed via multiple CPU threads. This means that a dual-, triple- or quad-core CPU can have a higher utilization across all cores than DirectX APIs in the past. Historically the OS would load up a single core for commands to the GPU, in essence creating an overload on the first core and under utilizing the additional cores. With only one core issuing commands to a GPU, we have seen CPUs hold back the potential performance of the GPU. With Multithreaded Rendering, DirectX will take better advantage of all the available cores. This should result in a better experience for the multi-core user because of a faster processing pipeline and increased scaling.

http://blogs.amd.com/play/2009/09/09/directx-11-–-what-to-expect/

3. The General

The General Guest

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    That is why people should have 2 desktop computers, one with amd and one with nvidia, problem solve.

4. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    The next drivers should have it, IIRC Cat Beta tester Spyre at Rage3d said we should have DX11 multithreading support in the drivers by end of the year.

5. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    And we have this from a little more than a year ago
    http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,...h-Interview-What-DirectX-11-is-good-for/News/

I really hope AMD to support it soon, especially since it will give improvements on all DX10+ hardware

6. junior_clk

junior_clk Member

@The General
    Or 4 computers,
    1 intel with amd
    1 intel with nvidia
    1 amd with amd
    1 amd with nvidia

(or even more with cf or sli)

7. slckb0y

slckb0y Banned

GPU:
    GV-N470SO-13I@900/2000 x3
    or just have an intel+nvidia sli and see everything work as it should ...

8. GrandMax

GrandMax Guest

GPU:
    GTX 680 @ 1270Hz
    Bump.

Thuban is not a good option else.

9. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    What about multithreading opengl? Don't tell me it is enough... we crossfire users want 8x-16xAA at 60+ FPS with multicore processors...

Nvidia has it... no reason why AMD should not work on this ...

10. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    I have Phenom II X6 1100T 4.02GHz with HD 6970 2GB + 8GB DDR3 and i don't have any problems with any game: Deus Ex HR, Skyrim, New Vegas, Battlefield 3, Mass Effect, Saints Row 3, FEAR 3...
    Multi-threading is good feature, but only 2-3 games are uses it right now. And without this feature performance is still good.
    Although I would like to amd has supported this feature in their new drivers! :banana:

11. amieneel

amieneel Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    nevermind.

12. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    a 6950 is just brute forcing its way through right now.

13. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    This should be supported, it would give my old Q6600 the boost it needs till Ivy Bridge come sout

14. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Ye, but all games would have to support it as well

15. If both amd and nvidia had the support for it then we would see more games supporting MTR. Hence why we all missed out on it with codemasters offerings, simply because its an amd optimised title and amd hasnt bothered to implement it into their drivers yet. Comeon amd, we not only want support, we need support for this feature! Its unacceptable for them to leave it 2 years+ and passing the buck saying "well we havent implemented it yet coz no games have it enabled" what a cop out! Of course developers dont enable it when half of the gfx market is using a brand of gpu which doesnt even support it....grrrr lol.

16. wafu88

wafu88 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3
    Nvidia does support it and have for about a year. It's just AMD being stubborn.

17. Del_Boy

Del_Boy Banned

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 (2560x1600)
    thats why im going to nvidia in jan !

18. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Just don't test any beta drivers with nVidia unless you watch your fan speeds like some of us. They've had beta drivers which caused the fan to stop at least once before. Other than that my experiences with their drivers have been much less headache-inducing.

19. Yep, thats exactly what i said. Half the gfx market - being amd . They need to get their act together n give us a happy christmas :)

20. GAR818

GAR818 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    LOL, just LOL, AMD and drivers don't go good together.