AMD Catalyst 11.11 WHQL (8.911.0 October 25) - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Nov 15, 2011.

Tags:
  1. grimeleven

grimeleven Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 4870X2 2GB
    At last, a good driver for me that doesn't fix something then break something else.

Skyrim CFX GPU usage is 80-99% both and no major slowdowns in town anymore. Bug, alt+tab breaks CFX, must restart game.

Saints Row 3 ran 15 FPS with the beta nov3 driver, now it never goes below 40 but needs a CAP, still got GPUs at 50% but eh at least my Skyrim runs good.

I can see the light at the end... :)

2. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    @asder00, could you please have a look into the 11.11 Mobility issue? Its giving us laptop users bluescreens on installation.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  3. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Active Member

GPU:
    4070TI
    +1000

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Not on my end.
    Did you do an on top installation or a clean installation?

5. xfrgtr

xfrgtr Active Member

GPU:
    4070TI
    it's a widespread problem for crossfire mobility

6. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    Yes I did, I used Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode, and this Atiman Uninstaller. Both. After the first bluescreen. Then I Driver-Sweep'ed once more, fresh install. 2nd Bluescreen. -Rage
    Had to disable my GPU's in the Device Manager cause I couldn't even install the 11.10 afterwards. After the 3rd Driver-Sweep I was able to install the 11.10 again, thank god :D

As you may have noticed, in the previous posts more ppl confirmed they have the same problem. Its clearly that some mobile high end GPU'S are affected by this failure of a driver. I've heard AMD screwed up the .ini file where they should insert the supported GPUs, not sure if thats true though.

Anyways, its the driver which causes the bsod's, not us sucking at installing :p

7. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    So, not only AMD has managed to piss high-end CFX users on desktop, they also managed to do that to Mobility CFX users.

Believe me, I can believe that.

Maybe it's high time to rollback, as any users experienced enough in AMD world is used to.

8. ipredator

ipredator Guest

GPU:
    Quadro K5000M
    So true. Hopefully we can get a fix for the mobile 11.11 when the Skyrim CAP's released.

9. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hope is more of a verb than a noun for most AMD CFX users it seems.

10. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I always install over the top and have no problems.

11. djvelho

djvelho Guest

GPU:
    Club Radeon R9 270x 2gb
    Saints Row: The Third has just been released and a lot of PC gamers are experiencing low performance with AMD’s hardware. Before you jump to early conclusions, no. This is not a hasty port like Saints Row 2. This time around, the problem is with AMD’s drivers as Nvidia’s users are enjoying the game in its full glory as we speak. Fear not though as the great red team is preparing a new driver that will improve the game’s performance.
    These new drivers will be released shortly – and no, these drivers are not the Catalyst 11.11 that were released recently. So, if you are one of those unlucky AMD owners, put the game aside until the new drivers hit the web. Unless, of course, you can enjoy the game with its low performance.

and also my skyrim runs not so good....wierd fps drops...like saints row 3

12. alphaproxima

alphaproxima Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850 @1040/1200
    Yeah people have unprotected sex too for a while w/o contracting anything :p

It really is safer to uninstall first, especially if one changes a lot of partners eh i meant drivers and if most of them are sluts eh, betas :p

13. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    amd admitted it, driver is coming out soon.

14. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hope that performance driver Andrew spoke of fixes problems with Mobility CFX.

15. djvelho

djvelho Guest

GPU:
    Club Radeon R9 270x 2gb
    yeah i really hope that next driver will fix skyrim low fps and also sr3 to....
    anybody else have the same problem with those games with 6900 series card...

16. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Is that game (SR3) a TWIMTBP title?
    I don't play it so I wouldn't know.

17. djvelho

djvelho Guest

GPU:
    Club Radeon R9 270x 2gb
    yep. sr3= saints row 3 :)

Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's probably why.
    It's mostly the case with vendor exclusive titles.
    Gaming Evolved titles are also usually run crap at first on Nvidia cards.
    One of the more notable ones was DA2.

This is because the other vendor can't get a grab of the game's code, thus they can't provide any optimizations prior to the game's launch.

19. hawkeye1402

hawkeye1402 Guest

GPU:
    ati 6970 crossfire
    I am useing 11.11 and 11.11 cap and skyrim runs very well .They seem to be the best alround drivers I have used in along time but they do run better crossfire disabled. I would also like to say I have a fan of this site for many years but I only joined today and this is my first post. So I am looking to talking to you all

20. UZ7

UZ7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia RTX 4080 FE
    I've had dips and minor stutter here and there but not that much to kill the gameplay as most of the time I do have playable frames and most of the time it is smooth, I also use Ultra tweaks and FXAA injector though hehe. You can try some ini tweaks discussed here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=353974