Skyrim God-Awful FPS

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by DwemerCenturion, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DwemerCenturion

DwemerCenturion Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    ATI Radeon 5870 1GB
    AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 3.2GHz
    4GB RAM
    Windows 7 64-bit
    1920x1080

ipresentinterval=0
    mouse smoothing is off
    xbox controller disabled in the menu
    shadows completely off
    medium/high settings
    radial blur - low/off

Dreadful lag in towns, looking at certain areas can lag my game completely, God knows what I can do about it.

2. RyPaul

RyPaul Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTS 450 1024M
    Have you tried a lower Res. like 1280x720?

3. DwemerCenturion

DwemerCenturion Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    Made no difference unfortunately =/

4. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I bet you its that crud cpu you got there, overclock the hell out of it.

5. DwemerCenturion

DwemerCenturion Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    But wouldn't it get insanely hot?

6. @ST

@ST Member

GPU:
    660 ti
    Ye, stuttering in towns is CPU- related cuz of all the NPC´s and open quest- threads.
    You´ll notice performance gets better the more quests r finished :p

7. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well it depends on the cooling your using, if your using stock cooler then forget it.
    get a custom cooler and overclock the cpu i bet its holding you back.

8. DwemerCenturion

DwemerCenturion Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    Just OC'd to 3.6GHz

Didn't make any noticeable difference.

9. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Dude my actual pc runs it perfect... what you need to do:

press the HIGH preset, then change AA to OFF, AFiltering to x16, go to advanced, enable FXAA set all reflections on, put everithing on high, now go to second panel, leave everithing like that but change LOD to medium (you can try high but it'll probably lag too as i believe high and ultra enables tesselation which might look a bit better but not noticeabel enough to suffer the low performance), that will give you constant 60 FPS.
    The only problem I noticed in performance were the smoke and fog that seem to be rendered in a very unoptimized way and lags everything.... like in loading stances.. it goes down to 35fps in some cases.. this config looks and runs good :)

10. wafu88

wafu88 Guest

GPU:
    DDR3
    Weird. Myself and know plenty other with half your hardware are playing Skyrim at 1080p with higher settings than you are and getting 45-60 FPS.

11. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    its a phenom II x4 at 3.2 man, it wont be capping its performance.. i mean mine does the job well and has no L3 cache

12. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    This is the one game i've been looking forward to all year, several years actually! I was so hopeful that it wouldn't suffer the wrath of a Bethesda console release date that didn't work on Pc - that hope was misplaced and the game needs a big fat patch to stop annoying the crap out of me by stuttering and throwing it's frame rate out the window all the time! It's time like these I think about how much the industry pisses me off these days! After having my fingers crossed yet again to hope that ATI would put a miracle driver out for it yesterday I was again let down!

I want to blame someone, but who? ATI or Bethesda? I think they are both a bit responsible for these performance issues, in my opinion! I seriously regret buying an ATI card and want my old Nvidia back! I also think I might even buy an xbox so I can play games that generally work even if the hardware is really awful!

but I don't want console manufactures to get my money - they are the ones making me sad! And the developers who make games to be released when they are ready for console and just shove the Pc version out at the same time!

They know what they're doing and they just don't care! Oh - reap the benefits of the capitalist pig!

13. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!

I agree and disagree with you in different things.
    I hate that fact that all games work perfectly on Xbox, but not on pc.. and that there are games on the console that are exclusive and PC still is lacking them, like Red Dead Redemption for eg.
    On the other hand the ones to blame for poor ports to pc are game developers.... some games are developed for consoles on mind (and not PC) but then when they are ported they are not optimized at all and the eye candy (dx 11 is added with no optimizations at all, wich hurts performance like Crysis's 2 tesselation wich is horrendously un-optimized).
    Console gaming has began to kill pc gaming (which for me is much better) as more and more games are released to consoles but almost none for pc.
    We have to play unoptimized games on the pc with 10x better hardware that the consoles (ps3 and xbox 360 have 7900GTX/1900XTX performace) but suffer a -10x the performance that consoles have wich in my oppinion is very sad.
    I hope PC gaming is revived one day !

14. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    What's the fps for you?

15. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    with the config i mentiones i get solid stable 60 fps in all external areas and in cities never goes below 40-45 and 60 in some areas. inside buildings it is solid 60.

today my new i5 2500k + P8Z68-V PRO + 8GB gskill 1600mhz just arrived so later i'll tell you the new perf update

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    just wait for the new patch i am afraid i have the same problem..

17. DwemerCenturion

DwemerCenturion Guest

GPU:
    780ti 3GB
    40-70fps in wilderness
    20-30fps in towns

18. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Please continue here

there's not really any need for three threads which are more or less identical, and we might as well keep the forum tidy :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.