G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    You can drag stuff? Didn't know that although I probably should have known since you could in Oblivion and I've had a bug where I've wanted to Take something but ended up holding and moving it instead.

So what's the Xbox 360 controller button to drag/move things in Skyrim then?

2. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    yes, outside one of the cities some guy has one and will sell it to you for 500 gold. i thought it was cool at first, but it BARKED all the damn time and when I think it died (or got lost) I never went to get it again.

I got level 28 with my Nord that uses Two-handed battle axe and heavy armor focusing my skills on smithing (100), two handed, heavy armor, and enchanting. It's rather an easy game using this setup.

I re-rolled a mage just to see what its like and its like 100x more difficult, before I could kill any dragon with ease, with the mage its pretty damn hard. It is fun to play a battle mage (wearing armor and using a shield), but the damage is just off. Damage for a mage just doesnt scale and I've dumped tons of points into desctruction.

3. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    You know what I mean...sheesh! :p

4. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    I was talking to someone else and they said the dog for sale was outside a Dwemer (dwarf) city. Where do the Dwemer live?

I'm going as a wood elf. Sneakin' and herbs an' sh*t. :nerd:

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ok great, tnx :)

6. getsuga12

getsuga12 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX870M
    look for ruins that are inhabited by necromancers or rogue mages, they tend to have quite a few daedra hearts lying about

7. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    The Dwemer are long gone. Perhaps transported into another dimension ages ago, who knows. There was only 1 Dwemer alive and you could visit him in Morrowind.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Uhm your last 2 lines, turn one of those on it helps with performance. one of them causes artifacts, i think its the bMainZPrepass. it runs better with both on but the artifacts from bmainzprepass is annoying, white artifacts on people only. Maybe its nvidia or engine related, try it yourself

Also, shadow distance takes a huge hit, lower it to 6000 and try ultra

uInterior Cell Buffer=3
    uExterior Cell Buffer=36

one of these 2 are in Skyrimprefs., forget which.,
    they allow more data to be stored in ram, if you have 4gb of ram increase both to

uInterior Cell Buffer=36
    uExterior Cell Buffer=172

also this isnt in the skyrim pref, but it wont hurt to see if this helps you. Just copy this under the two above, and also put them in the other cfg under the general section. allows you to preload more data into ram
    iPreloadSizeLimit=26214400
    default value about 25mb
    increase to
    iPreloadSizeLimit=524288000
    about 500mb

if you guys want me to make a little tweak guide i can, im pretty good at it. i did a lot of tweaks with oblivion before it was even released on tweakguides

9. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    looking to protect yourself, or deal some damage ?

[​IMG]

i gave the dragon to lydia and gonna do some fancy enchantments to my daedric armor :nerd:

10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ok great tnx, im gonna play with the settings a bit tonight..

yea i noticed those white/bluish like artifacts on characters if i enabled both Z values, but i couldn't tell which was the cause.. so i disabled them again lol:nerd:

i have this in skyrim.ini

[Display]
    fShadowLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
    fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=3000.0
    fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0

bAllowScreenshot=1

should i delete all 3? I think i saw all those values in SkyrimPrefs.ini

@WunderBar_007

The game rocks, highly recommended.

11. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

ENBSeries v0.089 Patch 2 TES Skyrim - fixes some graphical bugs for both ATI
    and NVidia videocards. In most cases they are some kind of black fence or dots
    on the screen, flame from dragons breath and magical effects.
    In patch #2 added fixes for shadows, now they are working for objects like mountains
    and much less pixelated (noticable on characters the most).
    Wait for future updates and graphical modification for this game.

http://enbdev.com/enbseries_skyrim_v0089patch2.zip

12. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  13. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
  14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Shield and sword tank. with restoration. Using shots as well. Perfect. I'll definitely replay this as a mage though.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    One word. Yes!

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    hmm url got fuxed, it worked a mom ago

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-10-best-skyrim-mods-so-far/

btw; skyrim mod site is busy like no tomorrow, lol it keeps giving me connection timed out..:pc1:

i have most of those mods though, except large address aware and that Flora..

ASWD workaround tweak looked interesting too:nerd:

17. PearlChoco

PearlChoco Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 570 DirectCU II
    If you didn't like FO3 because of its openness, I doubt you'd like Skyrim more than a couple of hours.

The one RPG for you is: Risen. It has an open ended world like the TES series, but with a better story and your actions really DO affect the world (as opposed to the TES games). Skip the final chapter though, after the first brilliant chapters it ends with a dungeon crawl.
    Its combat system is also very difficult in the beginning (steep learning curve), but once you master it you don't want anything else anymore!

If Risen 2 could have the quality of the first few chapters in Risen 1, it could be one of the best RPG's of all time.

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Same here lol
    http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/http://www.skyrimnexus.com/

I've done that with CFF, but I doubt 2GB is ever needed. Doesnt hurt I guess.

19. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Have you tried Dragon Age Origins? If you liked the Witcher you would like this game as well. It is not an open world game but actions you take make a difference later on in the game. Dragon Age 2 is a different game than the first but still worth playing if you enjoyed Dragon Age Origins.

20. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Another boring Dragon encounter. The thing just circles above me...doing nothing. It's like it doesn't recognize me at all. Really frustrating now. I tried hitting it with fireballs for 5 minutes but the damn thing keeps evading them....and then it just flies away into the distance.

The first time this happened I thought it was just a one time thing. But now this ? It's irritating as hell. Anyone else encounter this AI mess up ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.