G3D Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim thread Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Someone at the Skyrimnexus site says he stumbled upon this hottie taking a moonbath and as he approached her she said "what is it?" :nerd:

[​IMG]

2. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    They go in SkyrimPrefs.ini

3. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
  4. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    This engine reminds me of STALKER's xrayengine.

Eye pleasing and with a natural look, but so many little problems...
    especially shadows.

I was fidling with shadows vars and found perfect combination.
    Then 5 min. later I see that water looks worse then in HL2 /sigh

5. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Anyone know where to get Daedra hearts?, cos Daedric armour looks ****in epic.

6. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Lydia and I just slaughtered a bandit encampment. She picked off an archer high up on a cliff wall, who then tumbled down into the ravine. After the battle, I dragged her limp, lifeless body into the river and watched as it went over a huge waterfall.

I love this game. :banana:

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    any way to get rid of kinda like ground bilinear shadow filtering line at certain objects?

------

So far the game is sick, i like the pressure when you attack someone and have to run for your life, like those Giants or Mammoths..

I also found 1 nitrot, i remember those were very valuable in Oblivion:nerd:

And agree with Wanny Nights are amazing, esp. with that night sky mod :D

lol i haven't been so fascinated with a game for a long looong time.. Rage looks like a 3yrs old kids toy compared to this xD

8. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Great game! Plays great, and looks stunning. Another win for the Oblivion series.

9. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Actually yeah. Plenty!

With each one of them introducing some other problem.
    IMHO set everything to ULTRA and forget about it. Try not to look too long at the wrong spot for 2 long

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    lol, it's TES series, not Oblivion.

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    i cant play with shadows on ultra (too much of a perf. hit for my liking), i thought maybe there is one line that could eliminate that issue..

Something out of these, this is how i have it set atm..

iBlurDeferredShadowMask=3
    fInteriorShadowDistance=3000.0000
    fShadowDistance=8000.0000
    iShadowMapResolutionSecondary=2048
    iShadowMapResolutionPrimary=2048
    iShadowSplitCount=2

iShadowFilter=4
    fShadowLODStartFade=400.0000
    fLightLODStartFade=2500.0000

bTreesReceiveShadows=0
    bDrawLandShadows=0
    bDrawShadows=1

bShadowMaskZPrepass=0
    bMainZPrepass=0

any tips?

12. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    so how are you guys playing? I'm using a great sword playing with two-handed weapons

13. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    You can simply buy one in Whiterun, at the alchemist merchant, the name is something cauldron, can't recall the exact name by heart.

14. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    if you can pass the first test of the mages college (to get in) there is an elf there with the name of the E something, around 9am in the morning he is in the attainment living quarters sitting on the bench by the stairs on the 2nd floor. If you talk to him right, he will sell you stuff, of which there are 2 daedra hearts replenished each day.

I made me a Daedra Waraxe, was going to make me a full suit of daedra armor, but only being a few points away from 100 black smithing I just ended up grinding some more iron daggers and unlocked Dragon armor. It is slightly less good as Daedra armor, but it weighs less.

I also didnt have enough hearts yet for full suit and I already have tons of dragon bones at level 28 or whatever.

15. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB

16. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Is it possible to get a companion dog?

17. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yea you're right, i got a 60% dmg increase from perks, been levelling so quick i sometimes lose track of what perks ive taken. :p

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    set bTreesReceiveShadows=1, because there is a noticeable difference

To sharpen nearby shadows, lower fShadowDistance.
    But that will also lower shadows cut off radius, so good measure is needed.

There's also iShadowMapResolution= to play with. It obviously increases shadow map resolution, naturally with some perf. hit

Also.... iBlurDeferredShadowMask, iShadowMaskQuarter. The higher values of later supposedly increase quality with some perf. hit.
    And lower values of former supposedly sharpen the shadows.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  19. Wunderbar_007

Wunderbar_007 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 570 GTX Superclocked
    NEED YOUR OPINION, SHOULD I GET THIS GAME?

Do you think someone like me who never played (or cared for) Elder Scrolls games of the past will enjoy Skyrim? I've been avoiding open ended games such as this because I quickly lose interest. Sometimes it's due to a lackluster main story/side quests, no lore (the world isn't fleshed out enough) or real consequences of your actions/decision to the world around you. I just see no point in continuing so I quit.

I've tried to get into Fallout 3 and it was interesting at first, but I came to despise it after a short while as to me Stalker games were a much better alternative. I enjoyed the character development in Fallout 3 as Stalker definitely doesn't have much of that but everything else was awful IMO. The world was ugly, the shooting elements were terrible, I didn't care to get into the story as it was all pretty boring to me. Also VATS made it rediculously easy so I just quit.

The only RPG I've been able to get into and really enjoy is the Witcher series. I adore the rich story/lore, I welcome the difficulty (if the game is easy, I quit) and what you do actually changes the world around you. I wish it was a longer game with more to see and do, which is why Skyrim seems appealing. My favorite RPGish games besides Witcher are SS2, Thief, Stalker and Deus Ex.

Knowing this, do you think Skyrim is something I might get into? I know nothing of the previous Scroll games so I'm afraid I'll be missing on story elements, and I really don't want this to end up another grind fest for better weapons/armor at the end of it all, a solid story/world that I can affect must complement it. Do your decisions in the game actually change anything serious? plot wise? or is it all cosmetic like "Oh, hello Nord! Come on in!" or "Eww, an ORC! But whatever, come on in!"

20. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    The horse you buy can be pretty boss at times. One time, my horse just charged up some bandit fort and killed bunch of archers manning the tower!

BTW be ware of those movable boulders used for traps. Even if they lay on ground, if you run over them with your horse you can end up with a dead horse!

Also when you are over encumbered, if you mount on your horse you can still move normally, including fast travel!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.