RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Yea, to many problems with RadeonPro and with new games / driver releases.
    If it not get's updated soon it will die out.
    Sad, because some features it has no other application is even close.
    For most OpenGL games it already has to be disabled or most likely the game will stutter, lag, or even crash.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    ^Haven't had any trouble at all with RP other than PB kicked, although I haven't tried any OGL games......

3. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    yeah JAPAMD should have released all source code for this program so someone could carry on his work as this is rediculess the amount of time he is been away for, months.

4. Benik3

Benik3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus E. RTX2080Ti
    RadeonPro doesn´t work on my Laptop. It says Invalid video adapter: AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M series.
    :(

5. Bat_Zonko

Bat_Zonko Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC
    Does RPro work with 6950/6970 cards?

Does RadeonPro detect the 6950/6970 cards correctly?

I sold my 6870 and got a 6950 and did the whole wipe the drivers and all things clean before installing.

Now RadeonPro doesn't show the EQ setting for the AA toggles.

It showed them for my 5770 and 6870 (even thought they did not support it). But now, it does not.

I can set it via the CCC, so I know it is there.

I am running the most recent 11.10 Preview 3 drivers, so that may be it.

Even with that, I have been having some issues with RPro and game profiles that I never had before. If Japamd is done with this and moved on to greener pastures, perhaps he can release it into the wild so someone else can take it on.

Right now, it is this or ATI Tray Tools (which work fine and work with 64bit games unlike RadeonPro). I like both, but prefer RPro becuase its Profile settings are easier to set and it has the all important driver version tweaks and AA profile overides.

So, back to my orginal question: Has anyone else with a 6950 or 6970 been able to the get the EQ settings for the AA options to appear?

EDIT: Forget it, I now works. Apperently, I needed to run ATI Tray Tools and let it work its magic. Now, those settings appear in my profiles. I loves me some magic computer time:) Just briggle with stuff long enough and something will happen.

Still, would like to see some information regarding th future of Japamd's project.

Bats

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    rp AA settings works fine on my 6950. no tray tools needed...

7. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    i didnt have any problem bcs of radeonpro with punkbuster, disable api detection on BF3

8. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    After leaving my pc on for a few hours radeon pro seems to crash and come up with error report windows.

and when I close it and try to start it I keep getting an error can't load appprofiles.dll
    Only a reboot fixes this, but it comes back after a few hours again...

Anyway to fix this?

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    are you running it from a limited account? sounds like a permission issue...

10. Isbre

Isbre Guest

GPU:
    290X Matrix H2O
    japamd, where are thau? Been long since last update of my favorite tool (hope that you are doing ok in health!!)

11. ginnoskie

ginnoskie Guest

GPU:
    Unlocked EAH6950 DCU II
    i was using this tool for quite a while and some testing came..only Dead rising 2 off the record, BF3 and Rage are not running when i tried to adjust the settings using this tool..but all other games are running fine and good..

12. galacticninja

galacticninja Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6750
    How do I scroll down the right part of the Radeon Pro window as illustrated here: http://i.imgur.com/3AGBL.png ? I can't edit the settings below the part of the window I can't scroll down to. There is no scroll bar and the middle mouse button scroll doesn't work.

I am using the current latest stable drivers (11.10) with CCC and 11.9 profiles (CAP4), on Windows 7, 64-bit. RadeonPro is v1.1.0.6 (current latest).

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  13. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    What desktop resolution are you running? Have you tried dragging the bottom part of the window down?

14. galacticninja

galacticninja Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6750
    My desktop resolution is 1366x768 (monitor's native resolution). I tried dragging the bottom part of the window down but it won't go lower than the taskbar. Dragging the top part of the window up has a limit (it won't go past a certain point, even if I position the top part of the window in the middle of the screen). I wish it had a scroll bar. :(

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  15. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    I had the same problem with a 1024x768 monitor. If I remember correctly I fixed it by selecting a different skin but japamd seems to have removed that feature thus currently the only solution is getting a bigger monitor.

Edit: If you have a crt monitor you can select a higher resolution and then scroll the entire desktop in order to drag the bottom of the window.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011

16. gijs007

gijs007 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire R9 290
    Nope, im full admin.
    and UAC is turned off.

17. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Is it possible to get RP to change my Power Scheme to High Performance when starting a game and back to Balanced afterwards?

If not, I could use Process Lasso to do this but I'd rather do it all with one app if possible :)

P.S. Is the RadeonPro forum http://www.radeonpro.info/en-US/Community/ down for good, as I just get a Server/SQL error every time I try that site?

18. ginnoskie

ginnoskie Guest

GPU:
    Unlocked EAH6950 DCU II
    Here is the thing..Just click the game that you added then you can scroll down the settings tab..always click the game..because if you dont you cant set the settings of the game.. I dont really had an issue when using this tool..and its really really nice when you can applied it.

19. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Man, I hope RadeonPro isn't dead, as ATI Tray Tools makes my PC BSOD every time I try it (not instantly, but if it's running it the tray I'll get a BSOD soon enough, even without trying to do anything/play games).

20. Marcin89

Marcin89 Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680
    Are gonna be update ? Because for LA Noire not working : /

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.