Things that go bump in the night.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Mkilbride, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Here's the real mystery then. I didn't go outside today.

Dun dun daaa.

No, but yeah, I leave it unlocked & it blows open all the time, but the timing was just perfect this time around is all.

Not as bad as the time I heard large banging foot steps on stairs. Only to see no one there. Creepy.

Then there was the time I heard rats in the walls most likely; however, they were screaming for some reason. I mean bloody murder, I never heard a rat make noises like that.

Then there's also stuff being randomly switched around to different places. Then there was that giant hole in my wall that appeared over night that one time. (My father said it was rats, but over-night? It was the size of a basketball!)

There's also that forest in the back that has like hundreds of bones just barely buried, but I was told they are cow bones, so no worry there. Lots of Coyotes out in the back as well, those aren't really dangerous, but do manage to spook me from time to time.

There was also carving on the wall when I moved in here of a wolfs head, I remember touching it, then suddenly 12 hours passed in the blink of an eye. It was very concerning for me, I asked my friends bout it and they all said I was acting normal, but I had no memory.(Scary once again, brain damage?)

This house isn't even old; it doesn't have a history, and no one died here, so I just chock it up to my mind being way to active.

Most of this has an explanation for it, obviously, but it doesn't make it any less scary to me.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Your place sounds awesome.

If you're that far out in the sticks, sounds like that are normal. There's a million things out there always poking around the house looking for food or water. Rats fight sometimes, too.

I take it your walls are made from sheet rock/plaster board? Probably a basketball size rat.

The wolf deal... well, sometimes the brain can discard information. I dunno, maybe that day was particularly boring? Same goes for the moved objects, if there isn't anything to "trigger" the memory you can misplace things in the weirdest of places. Remotes in the freezer and wallet in the fridge, stuff like that happens all the time.

You've never tried to summon a demon or anything like that, have you?

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Oh man it would have been great to crank call you then with maybe "get out of the house" or "i'm in the house" you would have dropped dead from a heartattack lol

4. Penal Stingray

Penal Stingray Banned

GPU:
    GTX 680 Tri-Sli-S27A950
    MilkBride That Was Me Trying To Get Some...... Of your cooking lols

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Ya things like that are weird, like hearing someone call out for you and then you check and their not there, no one is.

I remember when I lived with my parents I heard something in the middle of the night, got out the big steak knife and scouted the house, moving in the shadows of course.

Also where I'm at now I went out with my cousin and came back home and the front door was open, huge knife time again but this time I gave my cousin a knife and tolled him anyone comes out this door you stab him, scouted the entire house, closets, under bed, everything, found nothing when I cam back out my cousin was sitting the car with doors locked, I laughed and said what if I was yelling for help.

6. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    i remember when i was 10, i was in my parents room with my mom watching a movie. it was just starting to get dark when we heard REALLY louds footsteps downstairs. then 5 mins later again, but this time coming up the stairs.
    we thought it was my dad, but after calling him to come upstairs and no one answered she called him on his cellphone and he was still out running some errands.

that was a pretty freaky night lol.

7. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i don't believe in anything supernatural but every once in a while weird things happend, luckily they all had an explanation.

a few month ago there was a sound coming from the hall, it was driving me nuts and it would only happend at night, i just couldn't figure out what it was to the point i started feeling paranoid.

turned out it was a small statue in the hall, the wind from the window caused it to do weird sounds, i glued the damn thing, not heard any more noises since lol

statue be gone! [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Haha, well, no one could prank call me, no Cell Phone & no House Phone. Coyotes aren't really wolves, well, not really dangerous. There's only two cases of them every actually killing people, and one was a little girl who was like 5 or something, the other was a 19 year old guy, but I heard this was after he like tripped fell a great height and was really injured.

They do stalk people sometimes; they used to do it to me when I was younger, but then you get older and read how they just do that and then judge you're to strong for them 99.9% of the time.

I'm not the only one who has had stuff like this happen in my house though, my sister and one of my cousins have both reported very weird things here.

I don't really live "out in the sticks" or anything, but there is a decent sized forest in the back.

[​IMG]

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    LOL the place looks very evil dead'ish, would love to spend a few nights there. :D

[​IMG]

10. MrDre

MrDre Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570
    I remember once a few years back when I still lived with my mom, I woke up in de middle of the night. I heard some kind of dragging noise. It was so strange, probably because of me being sleep drunk, but it sounded like someone was dragging a blanked across the the hall, but there was no one else in the house except me and my mom in the other room. So I started to listen closely trying to figure out what the sound was, when all of a sudden there was a HUGE bang.

It was some kids that fired a big a$$ firework in the air. The kind they use to cause an avalanche deliberately.

Oh man, I was quite awake after that!

11. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    After you live in an apartment, you learn to ignore everything. Every loud sound is basically the neighbors having sex.

12. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    you'd better watch out, forests are known to attract ghosts.

[​IMG]

13. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    I like the way your sarcasm is out of context. We were speaking of wild animals.

14. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    errr i was being facetious, sir

15. *Bio*

*Bio* Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD 6620G
    Looks like a prime slender man location.

16. Poison

Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 12gb
    "spiders prey on other insects!":3eyes::3eyes:

17. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Interesting. I used to have the same thigns when I was a bit younger, but then I came to a dcisive conclusion.

I watched Conan the Barbarian and realized. This is me. I AM A ALL CONQOURING BARBARIAN AND IF ANYTHING HELLISH OR HUMAN SHOWED UP I WOULD DESTROY IT AND RIP ITS LIMBS APART.

Thats seriously how I run my day to day life. I'am happily married so I'am indeed a king of Hyboria who will defeat and foe who enteres your house or head. Feel free to beckon me when my service of justice delivering is needed friend.

best,
    Redseptember

18. Jhetski

Jhetski The Lonely Guru

GPU:
    Palit 7300GT DDR 550/1500 ^_^
    try to put ba-gua above the door outside, wind chimes made of metal at the backdoor where breeze could hit it. lets try some ancient chinese stuff here and observe.

and oh, avoid having a mirror reflecting a door.

19. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    even if you are not religious..just call for a priest, give him some nice money for him to do honestly good job for blessing your house, each room or whatever..

20. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Call TAPS!