Any word on a 560ti 2win (448) edition?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by xtro2005, Nov 10, 2011.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

the ram only becomes an issue when it gets used up, if a card already has enough vram and memory bandwidth at a given setting then it's not going to be a bottleneck until that threshold is passed, in any case the graph says it all.

and here's a comment from hardocp (link below graph) who specifically wrote memory being the cause of low performance in the graph I posted, as for scaling well AMD cards do scale better but that's only part of the reason, atleast in that multi-card graph I posted.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/01/11/amd_69706950_cfx_nvidia_580570_sli_review/7

And I didn't at any point say the game needs 2gb vram, that seems to be an assumption based on what graphics card I use, which is deviating from the subject a bit I feel.

@noisiv

And your pointless comments continue :wanker:

I've already shown the 560ti to be a fail at 1080p and pretty much everyone has already accepted this fact already(including nvidia seeing as they are releasing an updated version with apperently more memory and a high memory bus width). So stop talking already.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
  2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    imo they're only gonna release this 448core because std. G104/G114 chip is a disaster, they shifted to much stuff at the driver level and you get a crappy end-result with countless issues.. lol it took them long enough to realize this:infinity:

heh that's why i went with this 570gtx in the first place :p

3. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i was talking about single monitors and we should keep it to that i think just for the sake of it.
    A 2g 560 ti will still lose out to a 448 pipe 1.2g card(remember the added frames by more vram makes no differance if the framerate is still too low to make the game playable)
    you know i would have saved some screens in a battle test between my 580 and 560's in sli 1600x1200 (i know rather small for today) the 560's ran out of ram but still no laggyness or spiking that could be noticed BUT.....only after i ditched my 4g of 2166 rams for 16g 1600 rams.

like i said before,i do see ram use over 1g on my hawk but it still is far away from a limit at that resolution...i'm sure i could do 1080p with lesser settings.
    and have frames to spare.

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

My original comment was regarding 1080p only with ultra settings and the fact that even in sli, where the rops and shaders are effectively doubled, the 560ti's 1gb memory and memory bandwidth are not helping as it still has an extremely low minimum fps. The post you quoted also included a response to another multi-monitor based graph so i wasn't sure which part you were refering to.

Also, in regards to an earlier post, I'll just add (for those who don't already know) nvidia's transparency AA and ATI's adaptive AA are essentialy using a similar technique and are the only directly comparable types for the purpose of benchmarking.

5. Your buisness tips are greatly appreciated son,
    but unlike Nvidia's Transparency, AMD can do Adaptive only in Directx 9 and Open GL.

HTH

--
    With regards

[​IMG]

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    lol wut, nv chief in person? :D

btw BlackZero

TrAA- 4xSS is not the same as AMD's adaptive mode, its only comparable to Nv's TrAA - MS or maybe 1xss at its best.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ^^he may be but how can you know for sure?

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    check his profile, unless somebody knows his exact birthday, etc. :D

Anyway great to see him here, if true and this tells you a lot :nerd:

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
  10. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I'm not sending a pm. If its him or not idk it doesn't enrich my life in any way. The point is you can't believe everything you read on the internet. Always err on the side of caution

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    well then if it matters at this point..that hung sung guy should just put 2g on more referance cards if they need it or not.
    ot
    i was not talking the green vs red thing so much as i was 1g vs 2g thing,as some were saying a 2g 560x2 frankencard would do better,it might but not the big daddy gains some may think
    It may matter to me more when i get a new bigger monitor for myself on black friday sales.so i'll have to play it by eye when the time comes
    IMHO i feel that when it comes to midrange cards,more ram dont matter much since the cards limits have been reached.

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I still think the 560ti is memory bandwidth limited to make use of the extra vram, strangely no one seems to have done a review.

comparative benchmarks are usually done at the same settings or in the case of Hardocp; at the highest playable settings, so that's irellavant in regards to this discussion.

Adaptive mode also has a level slider so you can set AA to whatever level and I don't think most reviews use anything other than standard transparancy settings, and if you really want to nitpick then ATI's SSAA is rotated grid as standard so nvidia's SSAA is definately not comparable.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
  14. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    i dont want to nitpick im just saying, most if not all reviewers test Nv with MS and AMD default TrAA, its just that i saw one benchmark and by nv they used 4xss and by at std adaptive.. No wonder its faster on AMD well doh, that's all :p

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  15. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

oh and I doubt that's Jen-Hsun Huang, looks more like one of those spam posters who get their accounts disabled judging by the way the post count/id's been italicised. I can probably guess who it is...

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Not sure where you get your information.....but looks to me like nVidia has much less than 50% of the "desktop" graphics market...

Source: http://news.softpedia.com/news/Nvidia-Takes-Back-Graphics-Market-Share-From-AMD-214876.shtml

17. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    all the pc specs are blank now with no post count n/a. who do you think it is?

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    Rollo? xD

19. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Um, have you actually read the first paragraph of that very article you posted?
    I don't think Noisiv was including integrated solutions...

20. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Rollo the duke of normandy :)

That would be stating the obvious.