MSI afterburner bug report & suggestion

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bkandor

bkandor Active Member

GPU:
    2@ xfx290 black
    Hi,

MSI afterburner 2.2 beta8 when running will cause these games to crash on startup: supreme commander, supreme commander2, portal2, forged alliance and possibly others. Other games run fine such as bf3 or bc2 or metro 2033.

ATI crossfire 6990+6970, 11.10 with 11.9cap4, win7 64bit.

Sample crash report:

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 11/8/2011 11:43:22 AM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: xxxxxx
    Description:
    Faulting application name: SupremeCommander2.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4cfffcc9
    Faulting module name: aticfx32.dll, version: 8.17.10.1099, time stamp: 0x4e95f522
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000297fb
    Faulting process id: 0x1538
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cc9e358526b8f6
    Faulting application path: c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\supreme commander 2\bin\SupremeCommander2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\aticfx32.dll
    Report Id: c4af4668-0a28-11e1-ac74-002421e3ea29
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-11-08T16:43:22.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>5416</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>hafx-bf3</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>SupremeCommander2.exe</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4cfffcc9</Data>
    <Data>aticfx32.dll</Data>
    <Data>8.17.10.1099</Data>
    <Data>4e95f522</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>000297fb</Data>
    <Data>1538</Data>
    <Data>01cc9e358526b8f6</Data>
    <Data>c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\supreme commander 2\bin\SupremeCommander2.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\system32\aticfx32.dll</Data>
    <Data>c4af4668-0a28-11e1-ac74-002421e3ea29</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

2. NinetyOne

NinetyOne Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950/70 ref
    My Sapphire 6950/70 flashed reference card won't stop artifacting unless I turn off voltage control. As soon as I turn voltage control on it will artifact in Kombustor, with it off it works fine at 920/1375. I've tried upping the voltage all the way up to 1.35 and still doesn't change anything.

Also in kombustor it doesn't detect the voltage change.. Still says 1.110

3. z7x

z7x Guest

GPU:
    HD7990 6GB
    Hey guys, I have been using Afterburner since I remember, but only the latest beta 8 started causing this issue for me. I can't use or save profiles. Whenever I press on a profile number, afterburner crashes.

[​IMG]

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I see no problems here. Try to get rid of unofficial overclocking to see if it helps.
    I'd like to see your profile files and hardware emulator file captured on your system (ATIADLEmulator.cfg geberated with MSIAfterburner.exe /be command line switch).

5. z7x

z7x Guest

GPU:
    HD7990 6GB
    Hi,

thanks for your reply. I don't use unofficial mode. Here's my ATIADLEmulator.cfg.

Another thing I wanted to mention is the newly released app for iOS - it doesn't seem to connect to the MSI A. server. - basically it doesn't work at the moment.

6. Unwinder

I need the profile files as well.

That product developed and supported by different developer, I cannot help you with it. Please report it in appropriate thread.

7. z7x

z7x Guest

GPU:
    HD7990 6GB
    Profiles

Also, since ATIADLEmulator.cfg file was created, I can't adjust Vcore anymore. I understand that MSI Afterburner works in a xxx mode (can't remember what it said)?

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  8. Unwinder

I see that you're using Polish localization from your profiles. That's a known bug of Polish language pack, please refer to this thread and either use English for now or fix a typo in Polish language pack yourself like explained in this thread:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4114976&postcount=50

When ATIADLEmulator.cfg (or NVAPIEmulator.cfg) files reside in Afterburner folder, it is always working in hardware emulation mode. Just remove that file and restart application to make it working with hardware again.

9. z7x

z7x Guest

GPU:
    HD7990 6GB
    Hmm, that's strange, but I corrected the typo and it works. Strange because previous versions didn't cause this problem.

Anyways, thanks man!:beam: Can't believe it was that easy :D

10. bongie

bongie Guest

GPU:
    GeForce 560 ti 1GB
    I have the following problem. When I set the Voltage of my GPU Afterburner changes both the max and the min voltage. Before it wasn't like that. Is there a way to fix this or a way to set min and max separately. I'm using Afterburner 2.1.0 and my GPU is Gigabyte GeForce 560 Ti

FIXED

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    As soon i install beta 8 on freshly installed windows 7 64bit, under a minute PC always restart with garbled screen. Uinstalling Afterburner fixes that. I didnt even had time to set something under Afterburner.

EDIT.: as long i dont use unofficial overclock, its fine, and since i dont need that , disregard this bug report.:nerd:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  12. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    I don't know if this is a bug but:
    With Catalyst 11.10 user defined fan control doesn't work.
    On my system, MSI Afterburner is in startup aplications and when it starts, it can't control the fan-Accelero Extreme(2K rpm max).
    It works if I force him from CCC. Maybe CCC devs made some improvements or change something... With older versions of CCC, user defined fan control worked great, now :(

13. MrLindskog

MrLindskog Guest

GPU:
    EVGA/GTX560ti DS/1024MB
    Predator video capture is great! Minimum framedrops compared to other software, but i would love to see sound recording to! :)

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I couldn't see any mention of this from reading the previous two pages but MSI Afterburner's OSD and, thus, screenshot feature do not appear to be working with L.A. Noire so I was wondering if there's either a fix for that now or whether it will be addressed in the next beta. Thanks and keep up the hard work. It is appreciated.

15. Unwinder

I'll purchase LA Noire soon and see if I can do something.

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Thanks Unwinder.

Uncle Dude has shown a screen which shows MSI Afterburner v2.2.0 beta 8 *does* work with the Steam version as shown *here*. He said he isn't using a crack or anything.

I have noticed that the Steam build is slightly newer, v2396 I think, than the retail disc version I have, v2393, so I don't know whether that accounts for why it works with Steam but not the non-Steam versions. Or it could be something to do with the DRM I suppose?

17. Unwinder

Yep, i've got my copy of LA Noire (non-steam version) and can confirm that osd is not working with Afterburner or any other OSD tools I tried (fraps and playclaw). At the same time i've also seen success reports for both fraps and afterburner for steam version of LA noire. Not sure if i'll be able to bypass the protection, it is still under active investigation (minus some time killed on dealing with forum trolls here ;)).

18. speedy45

speedy45 Member

GPU:
    Diamond Radeon HD 5670 1G
    I have a bug but not sure if its bug for MSI Afterburner, and the bug is when the app MSI Afterburner loads it doesn't the Profile 1 at all. Also like to report a bug as well, and that is its not recognizing my Driver Version which I have 11.11 install, & but the number version is not 11.11?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  19. razornova

razornova Guest

GPU:
    560 ti
    googled my issue but couldn't find anything. When I try to log history to file I get the error "Log session terminated due to log size overflow". I've tried restarting afterburner but the issue persists?

20. Unwinder

Try to look at "Stop logging when log size exceeds this value" option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.