285.79 beta

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SESnut, Nov 10, 2011.

1. flimbo

flimbo Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Guess not then...

2. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    much less stutter on BF3 with HT enabled but still persists...

3. n0code

n0code New Member

I'm getting terrible artifacts 2-3 maps. I didn't crash as I normally do, but all the rocks on Caspian turned red/black with flickering.

4. Wanell

Wanell Member

GPU:
    2x GTX580 SC
    No, the guy is on crack. My CPU runs a constant 22% OC so it sits at 4.2GHZ under load and there is no difference between it's stock or OC. The moment I installed these drivers before I restarted I played BF3, full Ultra preset at 2560x1600 with SLI enabled at 140FPS+ FPS on a 64 player Sirenes Crossing. Both GPU1 and 2 were at 90%+ usage.

The moment I restarted neither card could get above 40-50%. I did a full driver clean before installing these but no joy after a restart.

SP is actually unplayable with SLI because of the GPU usage swaying so much, it gets to 90%+ GPU usage on each card then drops, then goes back up etc.

5. n0code

n0code New Member

So after updating to these drivers. I had some terrible artifacts in BF3 and all of a sudden textures started going bad. I right away uninstalled and ran driver sweeper. Now I installed the prior drivers and now any game I start up has artifacts. Did this screw up my card? What the hell just happened.

6. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    I used 285.38 beta to 285.79 beta seems went well and didn't see anything problem with BF3 running smooth 1080p with everything high setting.

Thanks god I keep my i5 750 running strong.:banana:

I did used 285.62 whql but give me some TDR also BF3 cause CTD.

I think 285.79 is keeper for now.

7. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Ja Nvidia will fix a problem with the CPU. Ja Nvidia is not intel so it's up to dice to fix it.

And people stop fighting about the game being cpu intensive. my i5-2500k is working nicely in this game no stuttering in this game even with other drivers

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I can confirm;

BF3 is MUCH smoother now. I get 95% less stuttering. Infact, my gaming has actually gotten better. I die alot less; weird.

9. Barton C++

Barton C++ Guest

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    Any ways to force modern gpus to DX10 mode in BF3 ?

Maybe DX11/Windows issues...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2011
  10. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    So is that. Wait, so is this! Damn. :stewpid:

Anyway, things were actually looking up with 285.79 here, but once again I've run into the driver crash-recover (then screen all snowy) on returning to the main menu from in-game in Left 4 Dead 2. This has happened at some point with all of the 285 drivers for me! And NEVER happens with 275.33. So once again I'm back to the 6 month old 275.33. (Can't use 280s because browsers cause driver crash-recovers.) :wanker::biggun:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    DirectX11 is 30% faster...

Why would you use DX10?

12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    too bad there arent any benchmarks about that. you would need to buy a magazine to prove it.
    i would really want to see proof on that tbh. 30 % is allot.

13. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    There isnt a benchmark with a GTX260 and a GTX550 Ti or GTS450? All three of them perform more or less the same and the GTX260 would be using DX10.

14. vrt684

vrt684 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 660 SC
    i would like to say that with this driver set my OC on my SLI 460's are stable again. In fact its smoother experience as well.

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I installed these without issue last night but almost forgot to install the newer version of PhysX (v9.11.1107).

I noticed last night that my profiles were updated after installing these beta drivers according the system tray's Updater icon. Does anyone know what that was for?

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yep, I have the issue too. Chemical Plant is bad but the slowdown (it's more like a slow-mo effect than stutter so I refuse to call it that) is also noticeable on some other levels too, albeit nowhere near as bad. I don't think it's a driver issue myself but a problem with the engine since this slowdown always occurs in the exact same places.

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've always been curious about how exactly PhysX works with games that already have PhysX libraries in their game folders.

I mean the new v9.11.1107 of PhysX contains fixes for Mafia II according to the notes yet the files in the game directory appear to be identical the ones I was using last week and have not been updated as far as I know. So does the game use its own PhysX libraries *only* if it doesn't detect a newer one installed in the Program Files or Windows folder or does it use the ones in the game folder first? The release notes for this new PhysX suggests the former and would obviously make it easier to update the libraries for other games to use as well but I'd love to know for future reference.

18. xDfieO

xDfieO Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970 DCUII
  19. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've always been under the impression it uses the system ones as priority, well with any game that uses up to 2.8.3, but as of 2.8.4 it will ignore the system ones completely, a it's now built into the engine.

I tested Mafia II last night, and no difference anyway.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Same here. PhysX still causes the game to hitch the first time any cutscene is played that uses it (such as the house fire chapter I'm currently on). On subsequent runs it is smoother but PhysX games never ever feel 100% smooth in my experience, there's always the odd judder or whatever to remind you that the software isn't quite optimised yet.