Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced for release on 11/11/11.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by racofer, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Im not so sure or maybe i dont understand what you're saying. Shadows arent textures. They're the product of shadowing pixels. At most, you'd stretching a texture, but shadowing its made after skinning and its dependant on the geometry of the object that is casting a shadow. So the stretching of the texture doesnt affects shadowing at all. Specifying the resolution of the shadowmap its basically saying to the engine how often samples geometry that casts a shadow, the more resolution, the more closely follows the geometry of the object. Then you apply a bluring filter or something like that so they look more natural.

2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Yes they are. They are textures.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_mapping
    Basically shadow map resolution = resolution of the resulting depth map when you render depth from the viewpoint of the light.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE PLAYING THIS NOW!!!!!

I want it!!

I am preloading now through STEAM, I thought it was a worldwide 11.11.11 launch???

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    It is a worldwide launch.

But it is the 11th in australia, good luck finding a vpn though, cause every aus vpn that would have provided free trials have twigged on now and offer low price day passes.

5. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    Yea, it is a worldwide 11.11.11 launch, but you are aware that there are different time zones, are you? People used a VPN connection to a country that already is at 11.11.11 to activate the game earlier.

6. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Yes but what he is asking is HOW? I want to know too! In great detail if possible (and without paying I hope!) :)

Don't ask for much ay! :roll:

7. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Its 11/11/11 on Australia.

I still dont see how would you stretch a shadow since its independant of the texture.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Info is already posted.

9. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Just move to another country.

10. Csokis

Csokis Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    :giggle2:

[​IMG]

11. Wanny

Wanny Guest

12. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Well no, stretch was a bad word for it. Should've said when the renderer rasterizes the image after transforming the verticies, but you probably know all that. Loss of precision shall we say eh? ;p

13. Joohan

Joohan Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus AMD Radeon R9 Nano
    Yep, many times in many threads for different games. There's always people using a VPN to activate a game earlier. I learned how to use one by reading these forums and have since used a VPN to activate a game earlier many times (not this time though, I'll only use free VPN services and trials and since the Australian one needed a payment, I won't be using it). For this I tried a couple of Russian VPN's and also the Korean method for unlocking BF3 but they refused to work. It's only about an hour to go here anyways so I won't be bothered with a VPN this time anymore.

14. apoc_reg

apoc_reg Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Brought this on PC for the improved graphics and i heard it supports 360 pad (100+ hrs non action game, i wanna be on my couch!) but just been playing my PC version of Morrowind... still seems to not run smooth on an i7 and GTX 480!

Dare I ask... hows this run? In the UK its still 3hrs 9mins away!!!

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    By the by, you can transfer your save from xbox (maybe ps3), using le fluffie, and renaming the savegame.dat to savegame.ess, since this is still the same engine from oblivion, fallout 3 and new vegas.

16. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 1.5GB
    Bah. Negative crossfire scaling apparently. I shouldn't be surprised I guess.

17. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yes, yes. Of course i know all about it! Now im going to re read the Wikipedia's article... just to see what things they got wrong of course :p :wanker:

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I guess I'm supposed to assemble this artifact somehow, still for now that orcish mace will be more useful, I like the dungeons I've explored so far but it's not been easy. :D

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9237/tesv2011111023361846.jpg

[​IMG]

Not much else to say, really enjoying the game now and getting more into it. :p

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just finished work. Home, make a cuppa, watch some tv til midnight and then game on! Bliss!

20. Erqury

Erqury Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    Just went to EBGames to pre order it for midnight release. This was at 5PM and people are already lined up in chairs.

I am going to be a ZOMBIE when I get to work at 6am!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.