post your BF3 performance.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by avivoni, Oct 25, 2011.

1. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Tried this, did nothing at all for any of the things you said.

VRAM stayed same, CPU load stayed same (looked at the perfoverlay thing)
    FPS.....stayed the same.

Wonder what it does for you ????

2. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    I would imagine WorldRender.DxDeferredCsPathEnable 0 has something to do with deferred AntiAliasing ?

So if it disabled MSAA your CPU usage would go up as it is able to push more frames to the GPU which was bottlenecking beforehand. However VRAM should go down with MSAA disabled not up...

3. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    ^^i think it activates the placebo affect.^^

4. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    lol that made me laugh :)

5. MiNI

MiNI Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 6950 unlock 950/1400
    lol i'll post pictures in a bit with it enable to boolean and with it off..

*edit*

with WorldRender.DxdeferredCsPathenable boolean(1) *default*
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

with WorldRender.DxdeferredCsPathenable 0

[​IMG]

8FPS gain, the difference is bigger when action is actually happening, i was in a empty server. I know my vram shows little difference but when i was playing operation fire storm it normally was always around 1400mb ish with it set to 0 i hit 1650mb+ and my CPU usage also went up a fair amount.

Two more pics

WorldRender.DxdeferredCsPathenable boolean(1) *default*

[​IMG]

with WorldRender.DxdeferredCsPathenable 0

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2011
  6. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Playing all ultra @1080p with 4msaa and post post AA high. HBAO/SSAO is off though...I didn't test it with it on but it's safe to assume it would halve my frame rate.

low 40's is the worst I've seen. I'm playing the chapter after you have to do a QTE against a rat.

AA didn't seem to have anywhere near as much of a hit as people have been saying.

It probably runs better than BFBC2 maxed when BF3 is on ultra...

I don't think it looks better than crysis 2 but it sure as hell it better optimised.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Probably wouldn't do that much to your framerate, SSAO certainly wouldn't as that is the console setting.

I played through the full game with everything on Ultra except 4xMSAA, which i disabled as it killed framerate too much, and still didn't get all the aliasing, so decided what was the point, and that got me 60fps most of the time, with a couple of dips to low 50's every so often, so for the second half of the game i just ran vsync at 50hz.

Also noticed the game performs no better at 4.6ghz than it does at 3.4ghz, which tbh is the norm for this CPU anyway, and great as when i had the QX9650 ever single mhz counted.

Poor game though, and becomes a chore the further you get into it, worst FPS i've played this year, really need to get into the MP (which is where the real game is) to feel like i've not wasted my money.

8. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Yeah it's unbelievably linear and soooo cheesy.

I'm just playing it to see if the graphics are any good.

I honestly don't think it's up to crysis 2 dx 11 standards at all. It doesn't look much better than BFBC2.

The optimisation is great though, but no amount of performance or graphics can make up for the weak SP.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    lol, yeah i only kept playing to see if some eye candy was coming up, felt like giving up on it when it was in Paris i think, and you go up the stairs at the train station, and i shoot the guy several times, and nothing happens, then i get closer and find out i have to press a key to start one of the many QTE's.

Personally i though BFBC2 had a much more enjoyable SP, at least that didn't take itself to serious.

Think i forgave it due to the optimisation, graphics were up and down, but i was always very surprised at the performance.

EDIT: Talking of QTE's, and how you usually control these games, you probably noticed it is kinda broken in that regard.

10. Saifz

Saifz Guest

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    any known other tweaks which i can use for better fps?

11. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    Yeah I recently converted to gamepad for most games because I have a couch/TV PC setup. I had to make a xpadder config just for the commands that are used in QTE's.

I think military shooters in general have very little room for gameplay improvements, they are limited by the genre itself, which is why crysis 2 me is a better game. Less realism...more fun.

12. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I still sit with both on my lap so i can switch back and forward, as i also have switched to the couch/tv setup, looked into it myself with xpadder, think it was A, B and RT but finished the game before i got it setup.

I think military shooters are so aimed at MP gamers, that there is little for SP gamers at all, fine for console gamers who can rent it, but not much for PC gamers who don't have that facility, and the fact that even though i hate WW2 stuff, but still think MOH Airborne is the best military shooter of the last 5 years says alot about how much i miss more open, less scripted games.

I just hope this engine gets uses fairly well, feels like a waste in a game like this if you ask me, even in MP.
    Graphics and atmosphere aren't that important when your playing online, if anything they could be a distraction, the last competitive MP game i played was 10 years ago, and i played it on 640x480 with everything on low, might not go that far now, but wouldn't be far off.

13. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I had my M/KB on the cushion next to me and just did that for a whiel but I didn't know how many QTEs I'd be up for so I made the profile to save time in the long run.

I'm not a competitive or online gamer.

My online experiences consist of Left 4 Dead and a free to play MMO. Both instances were full of hateful unwelcoming people and it really made me loathe the whole concept of online gaming, that and the inconvenience of it compared to offline MP with bots.

UT3 was awesome for that reason.

14. lead341

lead341 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 570 GTX Sonic P.
    Performance-Problems in zoom-mode (vehicle):

I am playing BF 3 with the indicated system (i7-2600k without Hyperthreading, Geforce 570 GTX Sonic Platinum) and the system runs fine (3DMark Vantage 23.500 score). Performance in Battlefield 3 (High settings with Textures and Effects in Ultra) is also very fine. Yet, I get problems when going into zoom-mode (for example in the tank on the machine-gun). Especially when there is a lot happening it gets quite "stuttering" and performance decreases. Is this normal, or rather: can there anything be done about it?

Greetings lead

15. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I get the same problem. I think the game has some lag issues unrelated to the frame rate. I get the same problem as you but there are other times when I am in a combat situation and despite the fact that fraps and msi afterburner report that it is running at 60 frames it feels like it is running much lower. My guess is that the simulation speed slows down somewhat to keep framerates higher...I can't say for sure but I can't think of any other reason.

16. chiptouz

chiptouz Member

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX560ti FPB 1gb
    I am getting good performance with everything on ultra, 2x msaa, blur off, post processing off, 16x AF, FOV 75. Mostly frames between 55 and 60. Resolution is 1680 x 1050. No stutters but I do get the texture glitching. Mostly on one map, it is the one where you invade the port (with the tons of rr tracks). Here occasionally I get textures that turn the screen black or I get wierd textures that start at the center of my crosshair. When I rt click it goes away sometimes and then comes back. No issues with gpu overheating. It runs at a cool 70^c. No issues with other games such as crysis 2 or bfbc2. Must be issues with the ultra texture settings. I need to try high and see if it still happens. Probably going to add another gtx560ti to get more fps.

17. fullrespect

fullrespect Member

GPU:
    RX7900XTX Hellhound
    Well, If I'm going from 1 to 0 ingame, it has zero impact, but if I'm going with the user.cfg solution, the ground is transparent - and stays like that until I reboot the pc. Any thoughts? Somebody with the same issue? I'm using 11.10 Prev1 / no CAPS - provides the best performance for my setup.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  18. lead341

lead341 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 570 GTX Sonic P.
    @chiptouz: what is your 3dMark-Vantage Score (GPU)?
    I always thought that the Geforce 560 GTX was weaker compared to the Geforce 570 GTX Sonic Platinum, but if you get always 55-60 frames on ultra with 2 MSAA it must evidently be considerably better than the 570. Can this be confirmed in the forum?

19. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    The GTX 560Ti is weaker than the 570, he gets 55-60 at 1680x1050 with post AA off which is where it should be. At the same res with my 570 I get 60 vsync on Ultra all, 2MSAA (at 4MSAA I think it runs out of VRAm cause I get sudden slowdowns) post AA at high 16 AF and FOV 90. So lead341 do you feel your 570 is not up to the task?

20. lead341

lead341 Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 570 GTX Sonic P.
    @ crap daddy: thanks for the reply. Well, the question is how I could get out whether my 570 is up to the task. The only "simple" benchmark which is easy to compare is the Vantage - I got 23.500 GPU points which is exactly how it should be. Also in Metro 2033 everything was fine (compared in a forum.)
    However, I don´t know how to compare in Battlefield 3. Maybe, let´s say, put everything on ultra, 1920x1200 (my resolution), and check the fps you get when spawning at the homebase on Caspian Border. I think this is relatively comparable. Or any better suggestions?