Nizoral 2% and hair loss/growth

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Year, Nov 7, 2011.

1. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    just want to share the good news and maybe give some hope to people who suffer from hair loss.

half of my family (father side) are bald, at 30+ they were already smooth on top (type VII).

[​IMG]

well i'm in my 30s and i have/had hair loss at the crown (type III Vertex), a circle like hair loss at the back of my head, it was pretty evident, also a tiny bit of thinning in the front.

i read on the internet that apparently Nizoral 2% shampoo may have similar effects to Minodixil as a side effect of the medicine in the shampoo (Ketoconazole, which is a mild DHT blocker too) apparently could make hair thicker by increasing the diameter of the hair, grow new hair in bald spots etc

it was worth a try since it was cheap compared to Minodixil or finisteride.

been using it for 2 month, 3 times a week (wet hair, apply shampoo, leave it for 5 min and wash thouroughly).

let me tell you the crown has filled with new hair and it's darker thanks to the new hair and the "circle" is far smaller now, also the front hair has gotten thicker too with brand new tiny hair growing in the spots that were kinda empty!

my friends and my mom are quite surprised.

i'm not saying it will work for everyone, but if you're suffering from hair loss, maybe you should try this shampoo, it worked wonders for me!

if you live in the US you might need to get it by prescription, otherwise its over the counter.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
    386SX likes this.
  2. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
    Thanks for the tip buddy.

I'm 42 and just started to use Rogain foam. My hair started to get thin and I'm freaking out.

I'm going to have to try that shampoo.

Amazon seems to have a good deal for $24 2 bottles.

3. buddyfriendo

buddyfriendo Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Been using Saw Palmetto for the past few months and thats worked as well. It definitely regrew some of my hair and stopped it from thinning completely.

4. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    my dad is type III so im going to save this info for possibly future solutions =p

thanks for the tip ^^

5. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Same here, will keep this in mind. I actually think my hair is thinning at the front temples a little.. I'm 28 next week.

6. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    you guys are welcome :)

just keep in mind theres no miracle 100% cure for thinning hair or male pattern baldness, different people need different solutions, for some Nizoral will work, others will need something stronger like Rogain or whatever.

at least its good to have alternatives.

not that i care going bald really (Jason Statham turned baldness into epicness) but i think a head full of hair is preferred just because you can do the "Giorgio Tsukulous" ancient aliens hairstyle if you want to :D

7. Fcuk@Duck

Fcuk@Duck Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 550 TI
    Am I right in thinking this Nizoral 2% shampoo is to prevent dandruff or have I Googled the wrong stuff?

8. eduardmc

eduardmc Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 580 SLI 900/1800/4200
    i have been using, minoxidil, finasterided and good shampoo like nizoral, nioxin tgel for 11 YEARS. i have MORE HAIR NOW THAN I HAD 11 YEARS AGO. i have try many things, proscar, tricom, spiral, minoxidil 12%/15%, generic, retail proscar etc. i have had a lot of experience with this.

using nizoral 2% for now might be good but don't hold your luck with it cause you'll soon start loosing your hair again. start adding finasterided, buy proscar 5mg and cut it in 5 piece 1x a day. use it for 6 month and see if its working for you, if you are still loosing a few hair add minoxidil 2x to your regimen. Get some l-arginine, msn and green tea.

This is all treatment for hairloss, it will not cure anything but it'll help you out to at least mainting what you have.

The best pic i could describe myself is #3vertex. now i'm between #1-2 more like #1. My problem has always been difuse thinning hairloss so i was more like NW #7 thinning since you were able to see my thinning hair with such shape pattern.

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    yes you are right.

the catch is that the med in Nizoral which is scientifically proven to prevent dandruff (its ok to use it even if you don't have dandruff, i certainly didn't), has a nice side effect (which isn't exactly 100% proven by scientists) that Ketoconazole in Nizoral acts as a mild DHT blocking (Dehydrosterone, main cause for hair loss and male pattern baldness) and as such you end up reversing the hair loss, your hair will get thicker and you might grow hair on bald spots like i did.

but again it really depends on your case, scalp condition because every person is different, normally you'll see results after 2-3 month of use and should use it 2-3 times a week MAX.

my routine nowdays is to wash my hair 3 times a week with nizoral and the other days with a very normal but high quality shampoo like Fructis Fortifying shampoo in order to keep my hair and scalp clean and strenghten the hair (don't worry Nizoral is absorbed so using an additional shampoo won't reduce its effectiveness).

[​IMG]

cheap shampoos are one of the main reasons why some people lose hair too.

last advice i can give, Vitamin E and B6 are vital for hair, so eat lots of nuts including Hazelnuts, Almonds etc, combined with the shampoo you'll increase your chances of success. cause that's what i did. ;)

10. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE

This guy looks familiar. Is this the guy that is in all those conspiracy theory TV shows?

11. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
  12. Fcuk@Duck

Fcuk@Duck Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 550 TI
    Cool, not sure if it would work for me as I have the look of Jason Statham but hey I'm willing to try anything, I'm not after long hair or anything but just coverage.........I'd still have the shaven look

13. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Facing a type IV I finally decided to shave my head. Turns out that my girlfriend LOVES it and now I can barely get out of our bed without her grabbing me back :D

14. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    Chicks dig shaved heads - FACT

15. Poison

Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 12gb
    seen it all in person, im facing i or ii in the mirror, i got my secret of growing hair.

16. zhengzhoudave

zhengzhoudave Guest

GPU:
    4GB EVGA GTX680 FTW 2xSLI
    But old and middle class people will think you are criminal scum - like people who wear hoodies!

17. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    LOL

good to see you know how to make fun of every thing that happens

18. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    EVERYONE MAN UP and stop wasting bandwidth on hair products, you lot will be talking out moisturisers and manicures next, sheesh!

19. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I'm a cross between II, III & III vertex, any secrets guys of regrowing my hair?

I'm only 26 for god's sakes... :(

20. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    You need to knock one out more often to keep testosterone levels constantly down. ;)