Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I've had two CTD's today but the game starts right back up like nothing ever happened lol...

2. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    this is dice were talking about here, wich means buggy release, then patch with fixes some stuff and makes some weapons OP,
    then they fix those OP weapons and makes other weapons underpowered, then after a couple patches down the road the game is what it's supposed to be lol.

3. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah, but BC2 was perfect in beta & release. I mean I had no issues, not a SINGLE crash...performance was stellar. So I'm just abit shocked.

4. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Exactly, your luck just ran out! Somebody is bound to crash with Dice's new release :D

5. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    yep, i had alot of crashes with BC2 at beta AND release. you just got unlucky and theres something wrong on your end. i haven't crashed in a couple of days now, everything seems pretty smooth.

also, loving the color correction through that FXAA thing. here's some caspian, now with more green! :D

[​IMG]

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Can you post the EXACT settings you used for that? I've seen like 20 different configs. The program that does that & the exact config.

7. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    Sure thing :)

1. Go here and download FXAA_PPI_Rev_37.zip: http://www.assembla.com/spaces/fxaa-pp-inject/documents#

2. Extract all the files from the "DirectX10" folder, from within the zip, to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3 or wherever your BF3.exe lies

3. Open up injFX_Settings.h with notepad or wordpad, and replace everything inside with the following:

/*========================================================================== ============
    "USER" ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS
    =========================================================================== ===========*/

// TODO: Normalize values to be on a human range scale, whole numbers prefered, decimals usable for micro adjustments
    // These values should have min/max limit checks included in their functions, so that the end user doesn't get crazy results

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FILTER SELECTION
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
    // Comment to deactivate an effect.
    // Example: To disable the tonemap effect, use // in front of #define USE_TONEMAP
    #define USE_ANTI_ALIASING
    #define USE_PRE_SHARPEN
    //#define USE_BLOOM
    //#define USE_TECHNICOLOR
    #define USE_TONEMAP
    //#define USE_SEPIA
    //#define USE_VIGNETTE
    #define USE_POST_SHARPEN
    //#define USE_FINAL_LIMITER

/*------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FXAA SHADER
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/
    // Set values to calculate the amount of Anti Aliasing applied
    float fxaaQualitySubpix = 0.88; // Default: 0.75 Raise to increase amount of blur
    float fxaaQualityEdgeThreshold = 0.08; // Lower the value for more smoothing
    float fxaaQualityEdgeThresholdMin = 0.08; // Lower the value for more smoothing

PRE_SHARPEN
    //For higher precision in the calculation of contour, requires slightly more processing power
    bool highQualitySharpen = 1; //0 = Disable | 1 = Enable

// Set values to calculate the amount of AA produced blur to consider for the sharpening pass
    #define Average 0.20
    #define CoefBlur 1

// Set values of the sharpening amount
    #define SharpenEdge 1.2
    #define Sharpen_val0 0.5

BLOOM

TECHNICOLOR
    #define TechniAmount 0.3 // 1.00 = Max
    #define TechniPower 6.0 // lower values = whitening

// lower values = stronger channel
    #define redNegativeAmount 0.5 // 1.00 = Max
    #define greenNegativeAmount 0.2 // 1.00 = Max
    #define blueNegativeAmount 0.2 // 1.00 = Max

TONEMAP
    #define Gamma 0.90
    #define Exposure -0.22
    #define Saturation 1.16 // use negative values for less saturation.
    #define BlueShift 0.00 // Higher = more blue in image.
    #define Bleach 0.13 // Bleach bypass, higher = stronger effect
    #define Defog 0.00 // Strength of Lens Colors.
    #define FogColor float4(-0.08, 0.28, 0.10, 3.5) //Lens-style color filters for Blue, Red, Yellow, White.

SEPIA
    #define Earthyellow // Color Tone, available tones can be seen in ColorTones.PNG (Do not use spaces in the name!)
    #define GreyPower 1 //(Valid Values = 1 to 9, use decimals for finetuning), defines how much of the grey color you wish to blend in
    #define SepiaPower 1.2 //(Valid Values = 1 to 9, use decimals for finetuning), defines how much of the color tone you wish to blend in

VIGNETTE
    // Vignette effect, process by which there is loss in clarity towards the corners and sides of the image, like a picture frame
    //#define VignetteCenter float2(0.500, 0.500) // Center of screen for effect.
    //#define VignetteRadius 0.9 // lower values = stronger radial effect from center
    //#define VignetteAmount -0.50 // Strength of black. -2.00 = Max Black, 1.00 = Max White.

POST_SHARPEN
    // Controls additional sharpening applied after previous processing. Strength should be max 0.25!
    float Sharpen = 0.12;

FINAL_LIMITER
    // Controls the strenght of the limiter. 1.000 for default setting
    int LimiterStrenght = 1.000;

if you want to customize yourself, here's the tutorial and source:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32415928&postcount=121

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    DX10???

NOT DX11?

But the game runs 30% faster in DX11, or am I missing something?

Also, what is the status on Punkbuster, with this?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    DX10/DX11, both are supported via that dxgi.dll modification / FXAA hack. :)

10. cold2010

cold2010 Member Guru

GPU:
    HD 4870
    thx

:banana:

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

I have a question, there is a warning to use this

:3eyes:

11. Saifz

Saifz Guest

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    hey guys i have always wondered,

does a higher fov for example 80 or 90 decrease your fps compared to a lower fov (60, 70)

12. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

That deploy bugs really pi55ing me off..

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  14. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

dude you could of used an image hosting site that actually lets you see the image without a million popups.

15. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    ... or just use Firefox with AD block addon: http://adblockplus.org/en/

16. johnyz333

johnyz333 Active Member

GPU:
    Inno3d 8800GTS 512 x2
    So do you still use the files from the DX10 folder for DX11? Or do you unzip the files from the DX11 folder?

17. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Yes. The engine needs to render more details on screen - you see more, your fps go down a bit.

18. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

..or just use a proper image hosting site, none of the other 'decent' sites require additional plugins seeing as I already have popups blocked in firefox.

19. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
    no, you use the files from the DX10 folder. it works both ways as DX10/DX11. also no idea about the secure thing, but this doesn't really allow any advantages from what i've seen.
    it just makes the graphics look the way they should. dice really messed that up for their "artistic" route.

why they didn't stick with steps 14/15 is beyond me:

[​IMG]

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's all person preference though, hardly a bug just because the art director has different taste. personally i'm with DICE on this one, Step 15 just looked so bland compared to 16/17.
    Better for MP though, so i can see why people might wan't to change things.

Also prefer the original colour, as the grass looks radioactive to me in the second pic, and reminds me of someone going mad with crap like digital vibrance, needs something inbetween i think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.