Scratches on smart phones

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by Fcuk@Duck, Nov 3, 2011.

1. Fcuk@Duck

Fcuk@Duck Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 550 TI
    First off I really look after my phones, but on this occasion I was at a party and gave my phone to my mate to take a picture.....he then put my phone in his pocket which had his keys in there :bang:

Needless to say my screen ended up with some scratches on it GUTTED

So my question is? is there any solutions out there to try and make them appear less?

I've tried my friend Google but nothing really sounds promising.

Oh it's a Samsung Galaxy SII

Cheers

2. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    There is a paste you can use, but to be honest I have tried it and not had much success.
    It may reduce it slightly, but it will always be there.
    This shows the importance of screen protectors.

3. dshramek

dshramek Guest

Wow...doesn't that phone use Gorilla Glass? Something as trivial as a key in a pocket shouldn't scratch the glass.
    You can put a Zagg Invishield on it & it will make he scratches less noticeable, but they will still be there.

4. TheGuuH

TheGuuH Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 470 XFX
    I need help with it too, i gave my friend my Moto Defy to play some games... but he put it in his pocket.. and oh god... you know ^^ (It uses gorilla glass too...)

5. Fcuk@Duck

Fcuk@Duck Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 550 TI
    I assure you it's scratched, I thought the exact same thing when he gave it back.

I will try one of those invishield, I'm just so annoyed with myself.

6. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    this is why I mandate having a screen protector on all my phones. Though I'm surprised that the Gorilla Glass wasn't key resistant since keys don't damage the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer's screen.

deltatux

7. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    lol but they advertise these screens can survive to knifes, mine is gorilla glass too and guess what, there is a tiny scratch, it takes me about 3s to find it when i remeber he is there =p well what you can do... scratch your friend's face? :)

btw i hate phone protectors

8. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    If I didn't get a matted screen protector, I wouldn't have remembered I installed one if I do it correctly :p

deltatux

9. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    ^this

even with it having the GG, id stll slap a screen protector on it.

10. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Or a pouch/case. My phones are ALWAYS kept in a soft pouch and even if dropped the phone is safe from any damage...

11. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    @kanej not really, those silicone cases can make your phone rebound like a basket ball

12. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    i dont understand why people dont like screen protectors i use them all the time, ive got one on my Galaxy S plus and its that perfect it doesnt look like its got one on :)

ive also got it wrapped up in a Case Mate tough case and its saved me twice and ive only had the phone about 3 weeks :banana:

13. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Lol, no, not the silicone ones but the soft cloth type material ones, very soft from the inside...

I myself hate the silicone ones...

14. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    yep, phone protectors definitely do work, I have a Seidio case for my phone and it saved it countless times.

deltatux

15. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    HTC Desire, had it for a year, not a single scratch on the screen, the case, the buttons...nothing!

It's not in a case and it doesn't have a screen protector. Never has done and it never will do.

It's been dropped more time than I care to count, it's been on holiday, had some alcohol over it. It's the most solid phone I've had since records began, shame about the memory as that's far from solid.

16. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    i always make it a habit to get a screen protector and a durable case. gorilla glass is scratch-resistant, not scratch-proof and not crack proof.

as for the silicone skin debate, they can help. vibrations are the main cause of damage to the internals of a phone when dropped. silicone and rubber can dampen vibrations, whereas metals and plastics will amplify vibrations. normally i'd just stick with a case uses a bit of silicone. for my atrix, i've got one of the ballistic hardcore cases. to me, a $30 case is cheap insurance for a phone that cost me $600AU.

as for the screen, call up some of your local window repairers. normally they have some of the sealants you can use to fix the scratch. if not, check with some of the phone repair places.

17. Fcuk@Duck

Fcuk@Duck Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 550 TI
    I'm going to take it to a local Mobile repair shop and see if there is anything they can do, cause I'm not going to replace the screen as that is £100.

Once or if the screen gets fixed, I'm definitely going to buy a decent screen protector.

18. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    lol learned your lesson the hard way :p

19. Fcuk@Duck

Fcuk@Duck Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 550 TI
    I certainly have mate, I certainly have....*Note to self* Do not give your phone out when under the influence of booze!

20. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I would apply that to anything that's a high value for anyone.

deltatux