Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Love how you people are all pissed that they put in on consoles and it isn't 100% optimized for PC's. God forbid that EA and DICE want to actually make money.

Its like you people refuse to believe that you can have a fun time gaming on consoles. Get over yourselves because some of you are idiots.

2. Mr_Alexander

Mr_Alexander Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GYGABYTE 3080ti
    Ok. Played for a few days now and here is my opinion.

Never played BF2 before. Did not have computer at that time. My first MP was MW1. I really liked it. When BC2 came out it became my all time favorite.
    Now BF3. I understand BC2 and BF3 are two different games I cannot help but to compare them.
    I hate prone. All maps are full of people crawling in the grass or on the roof tops doing nothing but random kills for their K/D.
    RPG and similar weapon in BF3 are a joke against armor comparing to BC2. I had to shoot three times in a small JEEP just to disable it. What is that about? They must be blown to peaces from the first shot.
    Maps. I loved maps in BC2. All kinds. Desert, Snow, Jungle type, villages with lots of houses which you can get in first, second floors and even attics, barns that you can blow in peaces too. I also loved maps where you can go to A and B using water vehicles.
    Weapons in BF3 feels all the same.
    Even the game is smooth I still feel weird when I use mouse.
    Destruction. I think it is much better in BC2 than BF3. Wnen C4 or antitank mines exploded you can see huge deformation of the ground. In BF3 I did not notice it much.
    Changing squads is also stupid. When playing Squad Death Match my friends and I cannot change squads so we can play together.
    Do I regret spending 60 dollars plus tax buying this game. Absolutely not. Dice is one of a few companies left who support PC gaming and they will always have my money without any regrets. I did not like BF3 much but I still love and keep playing BC2 and have about 1100 hours. I really wish they add a few more maps.
    That is just my opinion please do not hate me.:)

3. peanutmanak47

peanutmanak47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I personally like prone. I haven't really seen it abused to much and seems very helpful at times.

I think one of the huge complaints that is actually constant is the rpg damage to vehicles isn't enough.

4. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Everyone has noticed this. And I REALLY hope it gets addressed.

Out of curiosity, are tanks any better, or do they do about the same damage as RPGs?

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    rpg damage sucks and yet the m320 has incredible damage power seeing how some players can make a miracle shot with it and end up with a instant kill and the ump/p2000 being more powerful then a m249 saw is hard to believe.

6. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Well, speaking from experience, i disabled a Humvee in one shot from a tank while it was on the move. It depends where you shoot. Just like real live, a tank will have better armour on the front than on the sides/rear, so you need to position yourself best to do most damage.

The M320 isnt that good. You can still point blank someone and have them survive on normal mode.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    No stuttering with hyperthreading enabled for me.

So just because a game is ported to consoles means it isn't a TRUE PC game?

I'm playing this game on my PC and I am shooting people. Sounds and looks like a PC shooter to me.

Your arguments are stupid.

8. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    sorry but if it took you 3 rpg's to disable a humvee then you missed the first 2 times :)

also aim at the tanks tracks from behind FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!

9. hirmak

hirmak Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX285
    Can we play in BF3 with Bots?I want to play the MP maps with CPU bots.It made so fun in BF2.

10. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    The thing with Hyperthreading is that its not something that was ever intended for games.
    They do provide extra threads and are interpreted by the OS as additional cores, but they only have a fraction of the power.

The ideal situation would be to have all the OS standard programs and processes run off the extra threads with the main cores dedicated exclusively to the game for maximum performance.

11. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    ya HT is just a hardware implementation on the queue of the processor i dont really understand why they still can call it a virtual core wich aint in some situations could underperform tasks...BUT programmers are lazy man and...companies dont even invest on 64bits exes just 32 like BF3 i was hoping to be 64bit but aint...

12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah old trick from BF2,dont know wether it works in BF3 but also if you aimed between the turret and the tank itself you could kill a tank in 1 shot on BF2 with 100% health but it had to be spot on,you could also kill a LAV SUPER FAST by hitting the petrol canister on the side near the front,again dont know if it works in BF3.

13. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    They do mate iv tested them, also yeah the tank turret it's self take massive damage tricky to hit though :3

forgot about the petrol canister so don't know if that still works will have to try, the others are a nice little wink to old bf2 players imo :) also funny to see tank drivers cry when 2 rockets destroy their tank lol

14. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Well, the UMP IS a .45 ACP round, so its high damage output makes sense...

Nope; my and my buddy both nailed a Humvee as it went around a corner. In BF2, even from the front, the Humvee would be dead, but it was only "disabled", but not enough for the turret gunner to kill us, fix the humvee, and for it to ride off in teh sunset.

It certainly doesn't help that the starting AT's are unguided, making percise shots from range [tank treds, etc] much harder then it was in BF2. Thats part of the problem right there.

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI

16. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Speaking of the RPGs, you should try unlocking the proper AT bazooka, Javelin was it? It should be pretty good based on the weapon description.

17. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    Really,

Ok, then why doesn't the mouse 3 button work?
    Every shooter in history has had mouse wheel support.

I am left handed and i use the arrow keys to move, so i need the right side of the keyboard supported.

I am not crying i am just making a point. This game is unplayable for me.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  18. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Works for me, I have middle and 2 side buttons on my mouse binded.

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    HAHA to VET and other bf2 players, I turned 3d spotting off on our server and now people are complaining! bf2 and its game mechanics are dead! people need hand holding dice were right all along :(

20. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    I tried to assign mouse 3 for melee and it didn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.