post your BF3 performance.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by avivoni, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Ish

Ish Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 560 1GB

I have a similar problem.

Which mouse are you using?

2. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Wow, thanks for tis post, very very informative.

Basically there seems no point in the FXAA Injector & Sharpening, as it looks just the same as no AA, but with less FPS lol.

Trying to figure out whats best out of the FXAA and ingame post AA, theres little if anything in in.

May just stick to high ingame Post AA now for compatibilty and safety re punkbuster.

When i get some free time this weekend i'll do some comparisions of my own !!

3. Saifz

Saifz Guest

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    Can someone please tell me how to use invidia inspector (sorry i am a noob never done this before)

well i want to try fxaa on bf3 so do i just go ahead open inspector as admin and go down to fxaa setting and toggle it on? do i need to place any files in the game directory? also how do i use the sharpening filter aswell.

and lastly is it worth it using fxaa against psot process cuz i really dont like how post aa blurs everything. (MSAA is out of the question)

and one more thing. I wont get banned for using it right?

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well it depends on what kind of values he used, higher sharpen fx (1.3+) uses more gpu power same with FXAA more blurring (less jaggies) and FXAA limit to define the jaggies (lower value uses more gpu power)..

5. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    I was having major memory leaks my self, but after the server patch, I was able to play a full 64 player map in like Caspian Border or Firestorm and played without hicups. I downsampled my wallpaper and dropped my initial aero vram usage down to a 100megs, auto disable aero when booting bf3 dropp3d it down to 60's. So far seeing max 1250 on my 570's without the hicups.

6. Fel8me

Fel8me Member

GPU:
    2xASUS GTX 660Ti Sli
    It definitely has a memory leak, partly in the engine and also in Origin/Browser plugin. If I play long enough I will run out of my 8GIG!!

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Anyone getting a weird bug sometime screen will flash/blink green? (Its defo not artifacts) happened in beta for me too. I am using lastest drivers from Nvidia. It only happens occasionally, but its really annoying when it does. GPU is defo not overheating, max temp after playing for 2 hours was 51c.

8. Saifz

Saifz Guest

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    yep have the same issue dont worry its a glitch

9. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Was I expecting too much of Battlefield 3 with my new rig to the left?

I run it at the high preset on 1920x1080 with 90 FoV. These are my results after running two benchmark runs with FRAPS on a 64-man server, the map where you spawn on a ship as US. I tried to stay in the action as much as possible but I died a lot.

Run 1; Min: 19, Avg: 64, Max: 102

I'm not sure about the minimum. I doubt it ever actually dropped that low.

Run 2; Min: 46, Avg: 62 Max: 105

It stays below 60 quite often. With the high preset I had expected around 60 minimum, since that is what I was led to believe asking people with similiar specs before I got the PC.

Thanks in advance.

10. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    turn off ambient occlusion, it's a fps killer

11. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    I dropped rez from 1920X1080 to 1600X900 (1680 X 1050 is the wrong aspect ratio for my monitor) , and I was able to enable everything on high preset while maintaining 60fps avg much easier

the game looks much worse on the lower rez tho, I am not sure which is better , playing at higher rez with lots of settings on medium or lower rez with everything on high (excluding deferred AA of course, always off)

is there any way to force 1680 X 1050 on a 16:9 monitor even though its a 16:10 rez and not have the game slightly squashed?

sig in rig.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011
  12. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    It is a part of the high preset however. I asked people specifically if they were using HBAO when they claimed to be getting 60+ on high/ultra.

13. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    After some testing, getting rid of my unedited screen shot wallpaper and auto disabling aero when bf3.exe boots up freed up some precious Vram. Afterburner reads my vram usage to around 70megs with aero turned off beforec loading up the game, in my case, my vram stutter is almost completely gone, only happened once during a mulitplayer scene in kharg island where a chopper crashed landed next to me and exploded. This might help guys having some vram issues.

14. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    you better go medium on settings, game still looks great and there isnt much visual side.

I droped shadows on medium - rest is on high and i'm using fxaa, its a rare case i drop below 55FPS.

Playing 1920x1080.

15. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Not so much, AA and motion blur are. everything else leave on ultra and (post processing AA on high) that gives me constant 40+ fps

16. max883

max883 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 780Ti SLi
    I7-2600k 5.ghz 2x GTX-580 SLi 900.mhz 8GB corsair 1600mhz 8.8.8.24-1t.

Battlefeald 3. vsync on, 1920 x 1080, Ultra, Fow 90. 60fps konstant.

17. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    The game runs sweet for me,but I do find if I did nothing in the game I would still be able to finish it.

BF3 Jet mission going hunting 1920x1080.
    Fraps Ultra v-sync.
    4MSAA X16AF ,HBAO
    580 SLI 3GB CARDS,2600K CPU

Video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S21Mz63NGr0

18. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    yep i agree at 1920X1080 i dropped mesh to low, shadows to medium, SSAO and left the rest on high preset and the framerate is good in multiplayer

BUT, its cool to be able to run everything on high preset without lowering anything with the lower rez tooo, so I cant decide

19. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I3 beats phenoms x2 and x3 at gaming. maybe even x4s w/o OC

20. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    How many FPS are you aiming to get?
    I know First Person Shooters are better with high framerates (60+)
    But this game looks very fluid above 40fps if stable....
    I get that and more with almost all settings in ultra with my config... at 1080p (in single player, i have not tested online yet) you, with your config, should be getting a lot more than me....
    Shadows below ultra look like sawed off.... i don't like them at all !
    I use shadows, textures, mesh, effects, etc in ultra. I disabled motion blur, i disabled MSAA and i use post processing anti aliasing in high and i get very decent fps... i'll add a picture when i get home...
    now that i upgrade to an i5 and a 7000 series gpu i think this will fly

Last edited: Nov 3, 2011