Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Yes, thank you. 560Ti, noticed that when the game switches map it spends ages loading and when I finally do get in to the game the spawn point is clear and all the vehicles have gone. I could understand that if I was running some slow ass system but the games running off a Raid 0 set of Samsung F3s, considered moving the game to my SSD but I can't see it loading THAT much faster.

2. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    This is the first Battlefield game, not including Bad Company 1+2, that has single player. The was never about single player in the first place, it's about massive online battles.

3. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    cannot connect to EA backend. this has started for me today. cannot connect to servers.
    "could not connect to server since it could not be found" thats another one im getting today.
    "could not join server, since both the server and its queu is full" this is also new.
    3 different errors, i had not had a problem connecting to servers till today.

hope its not on my end. as i see this message at top of battle log.
    "NOTICE Be advised: We are seeing connectivity issues to the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 back-end systems. DICE and EA are working on resolving the problem"

but then i see so many servers with many people in them.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  4. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    To me the game feels like an alpha more then a realsed game.

Weapons:

Full spray > burst

Dmg / bullet is too low, spread/recoil too low

Rate of fire on all weapons are too high

Mortars: Boring, bugged, glitchy, quirky not fun to use at all and on top of that OPed and not used to destroy vehicles camping, or disolve heavy fortified positions but to kill other mortar users and single alone/stationary solo infantry
    - Most people don't even know there is a smoke grenade and only spamm HE, the HUD/INFO on the mortar is so unfinished it is not even funny.

Other:

Color palett is dull, but made so to make camo useful yet they have IRNV that completly ruins any form of cover/camo/blending in

Nerf flashlights in the ground
    Nerf laser sights to not blind as much, you already get a smaller reticle for CQC spray purpose

Classes:

Engineer rocket spam has to be eliminated, lower splash / remove it make it only usefull at breaking cover with minimal dmg to infantry behind it and to destroy vehicles/stationary mounted weapons.

Raise rocket dmg, lower reload speed and lower ground vehicle disabled treshold.

I really don't like this game as it is atm, I can oversee bugs but pure game imbalance and odd design desicions are destroying the fun, skill and tactics in this game and there is ALOT of potential.

More destruction would be good but I suspect it would kill performance for alot of people and / or create imbalance with vehicles destorying all and any cover before advancing.

5. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Happend during beta if you had the game on ultra textures, seems fixed in gold version though - I havn't had the issue a single time and always 1st on the server, more or less.

Could try lower the textures to high and restart game and report.

6. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Did you notice the following text on the battlelog site?

"NOTICE Be advised: We are seeing connectivity issues to the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 back-end systems. DICE and EA are working on resolving the problem."

7. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    seems to me you need to learn to adapt to how games are. not all are going to be the same or what ud expect. u have to adapt to them games.

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    A few things i thought i would point out now that the dust has settled,From day one till now this game has excited me at first to then utterly make me want to ditch it. Not even just rage, or being upset, but honestly just never wanting to play it again. Every time I give it a try and have fun at first, it always ends up in me wanting to throw the game somewhere I'll never find it. I feel it's an insult to BC2 which got me some nice fun from the first till the last second when I got bored with it.

Flying Jets can be hard cuz the nerds who have all unlocks for jets blow you out of the sky with maintenance upgrade and fireproof thingy literally nothing you can do about it. Don't even get me started on the choppers, which go down when a bird flies into them.

I'll give it more shots, for as long as I can take it, but the utter stupidity in which some things were designed baffles me too much (mortars, jets, choppers, maps, origin, 7 ppl minimum for start, spawning in for jet being the fastest computer and he keeps having it all game, noobtubes, snipers, the vehicle on fire thingy so at 50% HP your vehicle is useless, the knifing...). I'm allergic to stupidity, especially when it comes to games i lose interest very fast.

Sure the combat in a select few maps is fun, but when the vehicles are frustrating and the large maps boring, I could just play Call of Duty, as that is focused on close combat and that is what this game feels like tbh.

9. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Send your feedback to DICE, i'm sure they're still collecting information about unbalances ppl notice. BC2 had 1 fix after another, so i guess over time BF3 will change somewhat too.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yeah guys send reports , let make this game the best ever. dont give up.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Remember that 8/12 maps in BF2 had jets.
    Now we have 4/9 maps that have jets. Probably 6/13 when the B2K launches.

This sucks. DICE has clearly taking a step away from massive vehicle battles, and moved towards pleasing COD players.
    Follow the money i guess.

Ive reported all this to EA/DICE.
    Caspian, Kharg and Noshahr Canals are the best large Conquest maps the rest are rubbish for true conquest on a large scale.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  12. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    i feel the same way bro i hope we get some DLC with more true conquest maps! I hate the fact i cant use the A-10 in conquest:bang:

13. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    its been working well for activision all this time, why shouldnt EA jump on the bandwagon. j/k lol

also, iirc BF2 and BC2 were a hot mess when they were first released. which btw took quite a few patches fix her up. so i still have hope this will get sorted out. :nerd:

14. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    i more or less agree here vet. i was excited at first but it wore off fast. looks to me its been made for the console not the pc. the single player gives it away as none of my other BF (not BC) has single player. i spent 6 years on bf2 but theres no way i'll put that time into this. i would had rather of had bf2 released again but with the frostbite2 engine. no queing for severs is utter fail aswell. im shocked that i rate bc2 above this at the mo.

15. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    dnt worry guys all servers were up and down today but its been sorted, it was down to issues rolling out r7 patch I think.

16. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Made for consoles my a$$, this game rocks, it a pure PC shooter.

17. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    That's a server side setting.
    Ours starts with 2.

vars.roundStartPlayerCount 2
    vars.roundRestartPlayerCount 1

18. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    thank you i was going to mention that just now.

19. korn666

korn666 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 295
    hell yeah :littlegun

20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    ok our server has filled up now 27/32 good old captainbristol got the ball rolling :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.