Battlefield 3 AMD complete failure

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Plug2k, Oct 25, 2011.

1. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    what makes you think 1 gb is not enough VRAM for ultra textures?

if there wasnt enough VRAM, the game would crash or freeze, wouldn't it?

2. cowman

cowman Guest

1GB VRAM was causing alot of crashes in the beta with people running Ultra. I can't speak for them because my card has 2GB VRAM but Ultra runs fine on mine without crashes.

3. bkandor

bkandor Active Member

GPU:
    2@ xfx290 black
    I have 2 5970's in crossfire, they are only 1 gb each. How do I tell how much vram bf3 uses? I don't see it in afterburner or gpu-z???

4. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

1gb Vram is not enough for ultra in bf3 , look at this pictures !!!!
    (1080p all max AA off !!!!!!)

[​IMG]

5. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    are you trying to say because the picture looks nice, that means its using more than 1 gb VRAM?

i'm actually playing it on ultra textures, with 1 gb VRAM - no problems.

6. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

lol its not about the picture itself ! look at the ram usage with msi ab on the top left of the picture (1700mb !!!!!)

7. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
  8. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    oh, i didnt see that

edit: after reading some threads about bf3 VRAM usage, it seems strange to me that instead of warning you (like other games do) that the selected settings will exceed your VRAM size, the game just starts using your system ram + VRAM

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  9. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Lol and you posting about NV makes you? yeah the same..

As for this thread my 6870 runs great all maxed getting over 40fps deeps to 35 but runs great. Then my 570 nv runs the game even better. Never had one crash yet. My son on 470 NV crashes alot as my other son on 5870 gets black screens. So EACH computer is different.

So lets come back from la la land when blaming ATI/AMD or Nvidia.

10. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    hi there..
    one simple question :
    - i have only 3 options for "OA" : OFF, SSOA, OA

so no HD or HBOA ! is it normal ?

Thx
    Using 11.10p3+11.4CAP4

11. bkandor

bkandor Active Member

GPU:
    2@ xfx290 black
    Yeah, I play at ultra too, fps anywhere from 100~200 in single player at 1080. Only change I make is AA to 2x.

Multiplayer is slower 80~160. But again, I can't figure out how to make msi ab show vram usage? How? I don't see it in the list for monitoring?

12. cachudo

cachudo Guest

GPU:
    Mobilty Crossfire 5870
    From reading some of the posts where ppl are having problems sounds like your running the torrent bf3 reloaded. Not sure if some of you do the same thing my friend does, but he'll download the game first to see if it runs fine before he'll buy it. He had some of the same problems, like no crossfire or crashing at the start of the game using the crack provided. I told him just buy the damn game i'm sure it will work fine cause it works great for me, in fact i've never had a game work so well in crossfire (99 percent usage on both cards, ultra settings on everything, just have anti-deferred set to off and getting 55 fps constant). So he bought it and all his problems went away. So all i know is the crack or hack or w/e he was using to play it was god awful and didn't work to well with his ati cards. So just gotta say great job to ati/amd for having some good drivers actually that work well with crossfire.

13. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    Lucky you, my crossfire can't go over 60% and l don't get more than 30-40 fps :/ @ 1080/high

14. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    Two things:
    - measurement (MSI AB), which shows that my VRAM is totally maxed out even in single player with textures on Ultra

- this guy, who says Ultra is intended for GPUS with 1,5GB VRAM and more or multi-GPU configurations. Watch the presentation, you will understand why:
    -- the MSAA has such a big hit in BF3
    -- why I keep textures on High not Ultra
    -- why you should keep the terrain at High in multiplayer
    -- why DX11 runs far better than DX10

15. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    The game runs great on 11.8 for me.
    The only issue I've seen so far was a light hitting a wall resulting in some pretty extreme tearing.

16. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    MSAA causes a big hit cause its not standard msaa, dice is also is doing edge SSAA at the same time due to the deferred lightning.

17. Dual Core

Dual Core Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 2x4890 24"1080p
    Every new game has some sort of issues, there is so many different hardware configurations they have to cater for, for instance it took the devs a year to sort out world at war for me and a lot of friends of mine. give it a couple of months and it should be sorted, if they fix it before then its a bonus!

18. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

download msi after burner 2.2.0 beta 8

http://downloads.guru3d.com/MSI-Afterburner-2.2.0-Beta-8-download-2799.html

[​IMG]

19. rongtw

rongtw Guest

GPU:
    asus 1060 strix
    I have tried every setting advised here :bang: but i cannot get bf3 to run any good whatever with crossfire 2x 6870,s 11.10v3 with or without caps the only way game runs sweet is Turn off Crossfire :bang:

20. krishnarama108

krishnarama108 Guest

GPU:
    asus ati 5850 1gb 850mhz
    i turned of AA too, post AA on high works great!.. i mean smooth image and great fps
    sure 4x MSAA is better but can take 20 fps down...