Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
  2. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    lol i suppose the failboat is a bit harsh but i'm pissed off i can't play :(

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Jets play and important part against Land based vehicles especially heavy armour,also there are more bad pilots than good,you make it sound like Jets are dead easy to use,in BF2 i could count the amount of good pilots i came across on 1 hand.

If we are forced to the ground like you say then whats the point in having them?DICE May as well get rid of them as your implying there of no real use,may as well git rid of Helicopters also.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  4. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    damn cant play game either asking me to activate;-( cant even play single player;-( damn

5. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Are you guys using the orgin download or Disk?

My wife purchased the disk so I'll be installing it tonight. I'll report if I have activation issues.

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Much better towards the end of the night. Managed to stay connected to quite a few games. Saw Desgaizu in the last game. Lost connection in the end. One think, I do get the points even if I don't finish the round, right?

7. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i think u do,i know u get the unlocks.

8. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    Yeah, I ate half of your shells...

This dude pulled 20-0 K/D with just the mortar alone! :biggun:

Don't play with him!

[j/k :p ]
    Disable 3D spotting when you play with him though :D

9. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    bf3 is working now yeah horrayyyyy think iam going to play it in morning that motion blur thing sucks turned that thing of right away

10. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Is there a way to fix the server disconnects and timed out kicks.

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    lol it was a lot of fun, it doesnt use 3d spotting it uses the map and 2d spotting ,it reminded me of been a commander in bf2 :)

also about the flares argument, I know bugger all about jets in rl but at the moments the flares refresh way too fast, its a waste of time trying to use the stinger ect as the flares refresh faster than you can lock on same with jets.

In my opinion they need to nerf the time they can be used or the amount of times you can use them.

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    haxorz i tell you. :biggun: :p

13. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    BF3 won't even launch from Origin anymore.

-Repaired the game (which installed an update)
    -Re-installed PB
    -Logged into battlelog, but can't connect to any servers. It just hangs at "Joining Server..."

/edit

Never mind, just had to restart Origin

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  14. steveyc27

steveyc27 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    Anyone know how to get past the part in Operation Guillotine after you climb up the ladder and jump in the window, enemy busts through the door and your partner has him somewhat tied up, its says to press "E" and I do, also it shows a picture of my mouse to do "something", no matter what I do I keep dying. Can someone please help!! Thanks

15. steveyc27

steveyc27 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    I've tried pressing and holding "E" and moving the mouse around, I tried repeatedly tapping "E" and moving the mouse around, I just don't get it

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    My only tips for playing are diable or turn off all firewalls in windows, turn off anti virus scanners and make sure if you are using a router to open up all game ports. Then I can't see there being any issues other then poor ISP service or poor server connection.

17. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    WAT.

Holy crap man, you serious?

Open ports...that's all he needs to do for the game on his router & fire-wall. Do not turn off A/V, do not disable your firewall, and do not open ALL ports. That is terrible advice. It's a pain in the ass to open ports manually for each game; but that is the price you pay for using a router.

Man, you know how many time NOD32's saved mah butt, even on legit websites it gives warning bout something try to download in the backround.

18. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Ya that is because you download and pirate stuff, so you need a scanner 24/7. But for us that don't use that sort of thing there is no need to even run a scanner. I haven't used a virus scanner in like 5 years! First thing I do is turn the firewall off in windows. No virus or anything like that. If you have that stuff loaded while playing video games its no wonder you all have issues connecting and staying connected. Listen to my advice on this one. Turn all that crap off, you don't need it while playing BF3.

I have zero connections issues playing BF3. Coincedence?

19. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    HAha, I've gotten more spyware & adware from legit sites. I've never gotten a virus from anything downloaded off pirate sites, as they're all scanned, cleaned, and shown by the helpful community to be legit.

You're more likely to get a virus browsing Guru3D than you are torrenting stuff.

YOu're so full of **** man, no wonder no one is taking you seriously around here anymore. I don't have connection issues or anything.

20. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    This might help. I did it anyways and followed the instruction:

If you have been receiving the "You have been kicked by the Administator" message while playing Battlefield 3 you may need to manually update your Punkbuster installation.
    First, download PBSetup from here: http://battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com/public/pbsetup.exe [battlelog-cdn.battlefield.com]
    When you start PBSetup, you will be presented with EvenBalance's license agreement. Accept the agreement to proceed.
    The utility will then download information about the latest PunkBuster version for BF3. Once this is complete, you are presented with a list of the PunkBuster-enabled games that are present on your systems.

If Battlefield 3 is not in that list, you can add it:
    - Click on "Add a Game"
    - In the topmost dropdown box, choose "Battlefield 3"
    - Click on "Add Game"
    - You should now have Battlefield 3 in the list of PunkBuster-enabled games.

Finally update the PunkBuster DLLs. Click on Battlefield 3, and choose "Check for Updates". PBsetup will check if the DLLs are up-to-date; if not, the latest DLLs will be downloaded and installed. .
    At this point PunkBuster is fully up to date and configured for Battlefield 3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.