post your BF3 performance.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by avivoni, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    not hard, basically says that any +3ghz quad core will run bf3 perfectly

altho i would like other charts, one that aims for 60fpsavg 40fps minimum. 6870/560 do not have enough memory for those settings, but i doubt any1 with a 6950 will pick ultra 4xAA @ 30fps vs ultra/high 0xAA @ 60fps.

IMO high+SSAO+postprocessing AA at medium+ 8x AF = win quality/perf with 1GB single cards, and mostly for other singles too, maybe a little higher on some settings.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    AMD Recommends Using Nvidia's FXAA in Battlefield 3

Yesterday AMD sent us a benchmarking guide for Battlefield 3 written by Antal Tungler, AMD's PR Manager. In the guide, Antal recommends using Nvidia's FXAA instead of MSAA.

"You'll notice that we recommend the 'Ultra' preset in lot of our scenarios, without the use of MSAA (Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing). This is a traditional technique to remove aliasing from objects in the visible scene. It provides significant image quality improvements, at least in most cases. But because of its nature, working only on actual geometry, some objects will not benefit at all from this process, like foliage or fences, that are just textures, sprites etc. Luckily DICE implemented a new technique as well called FXAA (Fast Approximate Anti-Aliasing), which is a process that works pretty much on all objects. Another significant difference between the two is that while FXAA has a very small impact on performance, however using MSAA can essentially cut your framerate in half."

source
    AMD's benchmarking Guide

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    How is it hard to read?

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

ATI will release new drivers and improve performance as usual too.

Would be nice if post aa didn't look so bad.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    So how do I get fxaa to work? Just put the dx10 files in the bf3 folder?

Oh and does anyone notice a difference between HBAO and SSAO? IQ and performance wise?

6. robert1990

robert1990 Guest

GPU:
    HIS 5850 iCoolerV750/1100
    Just finished the SP. Man, this game rocks!!! The graphics are just sensational :D Set everything on high and VSync on, 85% of the time at 60FPS. Will try on Ultra later on :D
    (Settings: HD5850 @ 780/1125, 1920x1080)

7. KingGladiator

KingGladiator Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 580GTX AMP 3gb sli
    1080P ultra @ 4x AA , have not seen game drop below 60fps yet

8. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    1080P ultra, all maxed, has not dropped below 60FPS.

9. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    Just did a quick multiplayer check. Not much time to play now - unfortunately.
    All maximum settings, vsync on, around 60FPS with the lowest I've seen 48.
    I think my resolution helps a bit, 1680x1050 22". The game is running very well.

10. gamesturbator

gamesturbator Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 570
    I was also wondering how people even us fxaa. Only file I found was a binary file. I did find the injector and placed the dx10 files in my bf3 folder, but after a couple minutes the game crashed. Took them out and no more crashes. Assume that's what I was supposed to anyway LOL

I run mostly high and some ultra settings and vsync on, getting around 60fps, cept when maps load than it stays at 30 for some reason.

Personally, I think it's a good to the point chart! :) AA is broken for some reason. Even guys with the newest cards in crossfire and sli are disabling it.

11. Silent_Takedown

Silent_Takedown Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 WF3
    Still salivating here! Looking good guys.

Should be able to get it set up and run it later today but I won't be home from work until 20:30 :(

12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    FXAA worked fine here, but like i said its not so effective.. Im gonna try ingame 2xmsaa +fxaa next, post AA (all of them) doesnt look so good as FXAA.

[​IMG]

13. MfA

MfA Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 6GB
    Im thinking to use ingame fxaa and fxaa inject's sharpen filter.. It should work if i remove fxaa shader right?

14. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    You're gimping yourself out of gameplay for some minor graphics improvements? Lower Ultra to High :3eyes: won't notice a difference

15. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Systems with similar performance ish mine and yours I would say.... Havent had chance to play yet might get a whirl Sunday night was abit worried about the performance I'd recieve I know the dual core wont help but at least its cranked up to 4.2ghz....

Are you using any AA with that 5850? And does it all run well?

16. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    hmm i guess it should be possible..

Just put // by shader.hsls in FXAA3_11.h.. or something so it doesnt start fxaa..

17. evilkelvin

evilkelvin Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870 XFX BLACK
    hey guys, i'm getting this EXACT problem
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eR1Z_FC-L1U
    , anyone know what it is and how to solve it? it doesn't feel like lag/low fps, it feels like its stuttering but not really? FARRRRRRRRRRRRR

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Quite impressed so far. 1920x1200 4xmsaa and 16af all ultra except have turned off blur and the post aa thing.

Holding 60fps mostly in sp atm. Gonna try triple buff with d3d overider and see if i cant cap the 60fps..(there are a few dips but nothing to write home about..all the combat n explosions are fluid).

Have to say it looks very good if not the best looking title I have ever played.

Glad i whacked my gpu under water as the 950 oc am sure is helping.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    From what I've played so far (a few minutes of Operation Firestorm and Caspian border, keep getting kicked) running Ultra but with 2xMSAA and medium post AA I'm averaging around 50fps. very smooth and easily playable. will try mxaa.

20. Beast

Beast Guest

GPU:
    -
    Yeah after some tweaking I set shadows, effects, mesh, terrain & terrain quality to medium with HBAO disabled (ultra textures).

I now average around 65-80fps compared to the 45-60fps that I was getting before.

Movement is much more responsive and visually looks as good..