Battlefield 3 (Official Thread)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TriGGlety, Aug 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Oh, ice hockey sticks, easton z-bubble times 2 ;)

2. Mark-32

Mark-32 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX460+8800GT Phyx HP2408
    With my system specs (core i5+GTX460+4GB RAM) will I be able to run the game smooth at 1920*1200? And would I benefit from my 8800GT for physx or am I better off with the 460 by itself?

Thanks in advance

3. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Well, u still dont have Win7 installed & running do ya? I could still win.

4. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    mine runs smooth no lag or texture problems and mines 1 of older i5 so yours will run bf3 great plus you have 1 of top proccessor out at the moment beside the 2600k series etc dont think bf3 users nvidia phyx i could be wrong

5. Mark-32

Mark-32 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX460+8800GT Phyx HP2408
    Processor is okay, but what about the 460 (PS im gaming at 1920)?

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Thats cus this game dont hold a stick to any other bf game.
    face it we our forced to like it we have no choise but it aint no bf2 not by a long shot.

sp what a waste it sucks... can they just give us a dvd of the cutsceens next time?

and how to get the doa?i seen some guys with that shotty

7. DualCORE1

DualCORE1 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 295x2
    wont be able to run on ultra but you should be able to run high best way is to turn everything onto max then turn it down if your getting lag and work out what are best settings from their i mean iam running eyefinity but on medium settings with a 6970 and your running on a single monitor i take it? at least you should be able to run bf3 with a mix of medium and high keep and eye on your fps with fraps

8. The Fitter

The Fitter Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 ti oc
    Well the game installed, patched and date verified fine. Played a little single player and now have to go to work....boo.
    Thought I could not play untill tomorrow but started fine.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You'll run it fine on high, no AA of course. Oc that 460, they like to oc quite a bit.

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i agree mate,its a toned down version feature wise with millions of unlocks which arnt really needed tbh,like you say we have no choice.
    My biggest problem is that the guns feel weightless,they have no unique feeling to them,they all feel the same to me.

Roll on the karkand dlc.

11. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Anyone else having problems with the party invite system? Everytime I join a party and then the party leader starts a game I get disconnected from the server almost instantly. Then I can't rejoin the server because it says I already have a spot reserved.

12. max883

max883 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 780Ti SLi
    Cant install battlefeald 3!

loged on to origin after that it ses activating battlefeald 3, but nothing hapens!

please help me .

13. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Win/Loss is the ONLY statistic that matters. Or is my 80% win percentage in BF2 just "luck"?

14. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Umm...that how it works IRL. And it keeps jets from being nearly as overpowering as they were in BF2. Heaven forbid, Jet pilots need actual skill now.

15. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    The DAO is one of the early pre-order bonuses. Still prefer SMG's over it though. [Maybe on Rush its a different story, but for any outdoor map, any shotgun is a disadvantage]

16. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Skill with the cannon maybe but it renders air to air missiles completely useless unless your firing them at somebody who dont have flares.

In the next patch they may as well take them out as there useless.

17. 1Bravo

1Bravo Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid
    Did you install from Origin or from DVD?

Many people have issues installing from other sources other than Origin.

The solution:

* Right click on the BF3 Origin game under "My Games" and select "Repair Game". Basically will download the game all over but will fix the problem.

Done this several times with many friends.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm getting this. WTF???

[​IMG]

ok, went to type in the code again, this time it said the code was already in use. but BF3 wasn't showing in my game list. restarted Origin and it was there. but now I have to download the game instead of installing from DVD? it'll take forever!!!

EDIT: or is it actually installing from the DVD? my "download" speed is just over 1mb/sec, there's no way I get that download speed ever. usually sits around 400kb/sec. I'm guessing it's installing from the DVD but why does it say "downloading"? still, almost 4 hours to go!!!! :(

EDIT2: ok, stopped downloading and then deleted the downloaded files, put in the DVD and clicked install from there, it's now installing from DVD, 18 minutes to go :) god that was a bit stressful!!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Got the game last night, installed it.... played a bit.
    Basically, the game looks gorgeous. And I'm surprised at how smooth it runs.

But... I don't like Origin. I know the service is still in it's infancy and will (hopefully) grow and evolve over time... but right now, no.
    Also, battlelog is a joke. I can understand them putting your stats online for others to view... like they did with Bad Company 2. But there's no reason to make you launch the game from a damn website. Specially if you just want to play the single player.

Right now, starting up the single player (to me) feels as bloated and stupid as starting up GTA4. Windows LIVE and the Rockstar Social Club... only with BF3 it's Origin and the Battlelog site.
    Needs to be a work around for people who just want to play the single player...

Also, everyone should avoid buying games directly through Origin at the moment. There are lots of posts on various forums about people getting double charged, or even charged for orders they've canceled.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I forgot to say it dont work like that in real life,i play alot of falcon 4 and once you get a lock and the enemy drops flares/chaff u still have the lock,flares and chaff confuse the missile threat(flares are Infra Red guided and Chaff is Radar guided) THEY DONT confuse the Lock on signature in real life whatsoever well in falcon 4 it dont which is one of the most realistic simualtions ever made even in 2011.

Most people cant even get the jet engines,electronics etc to start up nevermind take off,fly it,learn its avionics and fight with it in a group of wingmen. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.