Apple is at it AGAIN

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Little, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Keep it up and find out.

2. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thanks for the personal insult (thought this was not allowed on Guru3D?).

Whats it got to do with you owning one or not?
    I will ask again WHY are you bothered? Does it effect you directly?
    Just let them get on with it. Other companies patent things, so what?
    If they produce something you dont like, dont buy it simple. No need to come on here crying. Are you scared that another company wont be able to use the slide to unlock feature? Will the world end because of this?

There are far more things to get upset about in the world, so chill out.

I do own an iPhone4 (not the S), but are most certainly not a fanboy. I have NEVER yet started or even seen a thread slagging of other companies, yet this is done all too often about Apple.... why do people feel so threatened by them to have to start threads to slag them off?

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'll assume that was a rhetorical question and that you know Apple is single handedly attempting to ruin the cell phone market by monopolizing basic features through the mind-bogglingly retarded patent system because they're scared ****less of competition. The short time Android has been around they've rapidly lost ground despite their patent trolling.

I don't see how what he said was an insult, a tool precisely describes you, a tool/sheep of Apple. He's trying to point out your flaws to you and you're too stubborn to even admit they exist. Instead of getting angry at him, take a step back and ask yourself if it's true.

You'll never see me have blind devotion to a company.

Edit: Just type in "Apple patent" in Google and the auto complete option for "Apple patent troll" will be the first one.

Have a read: http://www.talkandroid.com/49726-the-reason-apple-is-becoming-a-patent-troll/

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  4. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    An Android site talking about Apple. Why not just visit a Apple site for Android info.

Bit pointless.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah that wasn't the best place to link, it just happened to be one of the first Google matches.

6. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    I still fail to see the logic of those who insist on defending Apple in this case. (or for that matter: Those who insist on defending any patent-system-abuser).

//Svein

7. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    +1

Apple sues everyone for everything. The upside is, thanks to media covering all of these absurd patents and lawsuits from Apple, they are making the transition from "elitist equipment manufacturers" to what they really are which is a company that takes ideas from other companies, patents them, then sues them for having the idea in the first place.

Now, they want to sue anyone who uses the word "apple" or any likeness of the fruit in a logo. (ie: suing a German cafe because they have an apple in their logo. : http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=352762 )

This "slide to lock/unlock" case is just another example of Apple trolling the planet, and then calling themselves "innovators". Well, perhaps they have made some innovations in the market... One might say that they have found an innovative way to make up for their losses in the market by way of rediculous lawsuits. (suing for rounded corners,.. really?? LOL) Apple has even been busted for using doctored evidence in court (photoshopped pictures), and some people still try to defend them. Wow. :3eyes:

Anyone who tries to defend such rediculous notions needs to check their level of fanboyism and make some adjustments.

8. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    You wouldn't at least consider to start posting on an user account, as opposed to a moderator account, so you can be conveniently added to the ignore list, would you?

It's not as if your posts are in any way related to moderation after all so you could see it as a way to keep the forums more clean if you will.

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Should have resisted the urge like I managed to.

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    lolol :nerd:

11. S_IV

S_IV Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
    hahaha :grin:

12. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    See, if i decided to patent the actions the body takes to produce speech, then all 6.5 billion of you would be ****ed.

Be warned!

13. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    lets patent sex... so we can charge people when they want to have some ^^

14. TroM

TroM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD6850 OC
    Have any of you guys read the ACTUAL patent applications? You can search for them over at the USPTO database.

You will find that the descriptions by Apple are quite different in the patent apps than some of these article makes them out to be. It's more than "LEDs in a case". Please read the actual data first for yourself.

15. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650

+1

It is my understanding that only things which have significant value that needs (or can be patented) patents.. something that took someone quite a lot of work.

rounded corners?
    a general shape of your own product?
    apple-esque logo? (the 'apfelkind' logo isn't even close to Apple's logo btw)
    slide to unlock?

WTH.. ? this kind of things shouldn't have been patented in the first place. not only are they patenting general "things", but they also have very vague descriptions which leaves a lot of room for loopholes and misinterpretations, yet it was still granted.

i really like the modern and minimalist design approach of apple, i really do. but their business practices are ridiculous and foul.

16. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Now that would be too easy. The haters would rather believe rumours and follow the crowd (bit like sheep), rather than hear it from the horses mouth.

As for me being a fanboy. I really dont give a damn about what Apple do, in fact i almost got banned from their forums for slagging off the iPhone when i first got one (due to not being able to forward texts, not being able to MMS, along with other reasons that i thought Apple was way behind on and voiced my opinions to reflect this).

As for their patents, i really dont care as it wont effect me or anyone else "OMG I CANT SWIPE MY FINGER OVER MY PHONE BECAUSE APPLE HAS PATENTED IT, I MIGHT AS WELL KILL MYSELF".... how pathetic does that sound? Stop being babies and just use the phone you have got and enjoy it.
    They are not the only company to patent things either.

If that is true about the cafe, then it shows how pathetic Apple can be, as can other companies.

17. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I patent patenting patenting. Now GIMMIE MUH MONEY!

You will take nothing from me! AHAHAHA! ... Wait... Oh sht.

I think you dont know what a patent is.

18. Thug

Thug Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I know fine well what a patent is, but i still think its a little silly crying over a 'swipe to unlock' patent. Is it REALLY going to effect the way anyone lives?
    If the answer is yes, then that is very sad and i feel sorry for them.

Maybe you can explain why its such a bad thing this swipe to unlock patent and how it will effect you to the point of having to start a thread. There are plenty of other ways to unlock a phone (some may even be better).

19. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Who first did Swipe to Unlock to begin with? (I am actually interested)

There was a lot of phones out there that were a key combination. And even the other smart phones used to be a pin.

Other than the actual iPhone had anyone used that before?

20. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    No, sir, Apple is the inventor of swipe to unlock

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.