Fridge magnet poses security threat to iPad 2

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PhazeDelta1, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    [​IMG]

Yes Apple are suing people. Then again everyone else is suing too. The whole thing is a mess at the moment.

2. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    I dunno if you noticed that Apple and Microsoft are the only companies with 3 ongoing lawsuits in that graph :D The only difference is that since Apple is making suits for stupid stuff, they get sued back (while Microsofts makes suits cuz they have a retarded ammount of patents).

3. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I love my Macbook Air, I love my iPhone, I love my PC :D

Stop arguing and enjoy them all. Of you don't like it then don't try to persuade others to hate it too.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    That only shows the companies.....not the number of lawsuits. Apple has far more than 5 suits pending. In fact, every company in that list is being sued by the same "IP firm"....over the same several patents regarding datacommunications...

5. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Just in case anyone thought I was making this up. =b
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/08/apple_copies_rejected_app/
    Though I was wrong in one account : the app was rejected, not kicked out of the App Store.

One of the reasons Google ate Motorola.

Yep, that's why :
    1. Tell your kids to study IP laws.
    2. Pray the current patent system holds for 10 years more.
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

:p

6. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Yeah technological patents which Microsoft and the parties involved worked out a royalty payment system as opposed to the injunctions PROHIBITING sales of devices Apple has been doing.

Apple refuse to license (even if the Patents in question are borderline) and attacks directly at the consumer end (The actual devices).

Not nearly in the same park.

7. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    If the current patent system holds for 10 more years...technology will stagnate due to vague patents that completely prevent innovation. Like what Apple and all these IP Firms are already trying like hell to do.... Hell, a new IP Firm is sueing several companies over technology that they had previously licensed from Micron prior to the IP Firm buying the patents from Micron...

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Try telling that to Apple sheeples; Apple always innovate. =b

But yeah, current patent system is like, ugh.
    I think there was this case of a company suing in regards of a Wi-Fi patent.
    Instead of suing manufacturers, they sued end users a.k.a. Wi-Fi router users.
    Dunno if that case is still running; it hasn't been that long since I read the news.

9. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
  10. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:

11. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
  12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    No company will ever be accused of rational thought.....

Case in point: A friend of mine used to be a Mac Tools salesman. When he first started, he had no issues with getting his orders. He'd usually get his order shipments within 2-3 days of placing the orders. When he'd send in tools for repair under warranty, he'd get new tools to replace them. As time went on, management was replaced by former Frito-Lay managers. As managers were replaced, his orders started taking longer to receive. Tools that he sent in for repair under warranty started to take longer to return, and were being replaced with used tools. More times passes, now his orders aren't being fully filled, yet he's being charged for the full order. His warranty repairs are now coming back after several weeks. He questions his billings for tools he didn't receive. Now, the list of missing tools from his orders gets longer and his warranty tools are taking months to return. He inquires as to the change in treatment. Now his orders take weeks to arrive, if they even arrive. Warranty tool repairs are no longer being returned at all. He receives a bill for the balance of the unshipped tools. He refuses to pay the bill because he never received the tools. Mac Tools files suit against him for $300K USD for tools that were never shipped. As a result, he is forced to file bankruptcy and Mac Tools doesn't receive a dime.

So, where is the rational thinking here? Seems Mac Tools stood to make more money by providing proper customer service than they've made by pushing a very popular, very successful tool salesman out of business and ripping off their customers.

13. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    Nice attempt at deflection. But we're talking about customers exhibiting rational thought.

//Svein

14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Well.....the tool salesman I mentioned in my last post, has had 4 other salesmen take over his route. When they show up, the guys flock like a herd of sheep to the new tool truck, knowing that the previous salesmen couldn't survive 12 months on that particular route without filing bankruptcy. Rational thought should lead these guys to avoid the Mac Tools salesmen like the plague.....but, when a new one comes along to replace the previous, they once again flock like a herd of sheep to the truck....

So....irrational thinking on the part of the company, followed by irrational thinking on the part of the consumers..... Kill 2 birds, with 1 stone (so to speak)...