Apple threatens to sue German cafe over apple-like logo

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Keitosha, Oct 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Apple's Karma seems to be feeling great since they're filing another "Everyone is copying us" suit.... So, now Apple will put a family owned cafe out of business in Germany, since the German courts have already proven to be Apple followers..

2. Keitosha

Keitosha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX6800 / Vega56
    Hope this will be an iOpener for some.
    Now who wants to start a company with a logo in the form of a pear with a bite out of it? Of course, not a software company.... just a plantation. ;)

[​IMG]

3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    hehehe...

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Cmon Apple...do you do this purpose? Do you look like a dumb ass on purpose?

5. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    WTF...apple is soo stupid...this logo looks nothing like apples..
    oh wel..they wont win this in germany, im shure about that..

-BetA- (lives in germany ATM)

6. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    i wonder if i say the A-Word out loud if "they who cannot be named" want a piece of my soul?

7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm quite certain they have an entire team which does that, their sole job is to search for anything they can sue or try to scare into a settlement. In the case of Android, their goal is not directly money, their goal is to prevent competition and in turn make profit in the future, they don't care if they lose money in the short term in law suits... the side effect of any Apple success like that is of course that they slow down technological advance.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  8. Darkiee

Darkiee Master Guru

GPU:
    7900XTX
    +1, nothing more to say.

9. Stromgold

Stromgold Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    I will be glad when apple just fails and dies. (preferably by losing a major lawsuit. That would be justice.)

10. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    :i...

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Man, people are acting like this is something different that a multi-million(Maybe billion?) company is doing!

People are only reacting like this because it's Apple. This is business, any business as big as Apple would be willing to sue someone for something like this.

(That being said, I hate the way a lot of big businesses act to get what they want. Apple though, I cannot lie I'm not a fan of some of the routes they go to get what they want.)

12. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    BS. People are reacting like this, because what is being done is _WRONG_, and even worse: Some people still expects better from Apple.

Not all large corporations behave like that, and they still make money. However, it seems that most businesses that earns money from the entertainment-industry behaves like that, and keep on purchasing laws to CONTINUE their onslaught of small-businesses and flesh-and-blood persons (as opposed to "legal entities"). Apple are among the absolutely worst, right along with the Disney corporation (who're responsible for the life+70year copyright).

May all their executives go broke!

//Svein

13. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    really,Apple?
    they will lose.
    for each action,there is a reaction.

14. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    They're still selling a 10 year old retardified version of FreeBSD, calling it the most advanced operating system in the world and charging for updates... yet they still manage to sell a lot and do well. That right there should be a sign that they're not going anywhere.

Imagine if Microsoft was selling a crippled version of a Unix or Linux distro from 10 years ago and charging for service packs that they gradually released throughout that time...

15. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Not to mention malware authors are starting to actively target MacOSX these days, and Apple decided to put some sort of an application black list in recent updates.
    I guess even the most secure OS still needs a stone & rock version of antivirus to protect itself.

16. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I wouldn't buy anything from a company that has a byte taken out of their logo ;)

17. Kwok

Kwok Guest

GPU:
    1x GTX1080
    The actions of Apple at the moment remind me of another company that was sue happy. Anyone recall Rambus?
    The only people remotely in agreement with Apple at the moment are Apple fanboiz who are putting up a Squinty Eyed Toothy Smile along with a Dont Care attitude.
    I was never an Apple fan but did appreciate the Hutzpah of S. Jobs. Now that he is gone forever, I couldnt care less about Apple trademarks or their openly brazen attitude about competition.

18. mmicrosysm

mmicrosysm Guest

GPU:
    Cirrus Logic GD5430 1Meg
    So Apple thinks they own to the rights of God's creation of the Apple now. Man I've had enough of this damn Company!!

19. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    WTF ,why not sue supermarkets for selling Apples while you're at it... you think you own apples, or anything close to your apple logo because you used it first ?

20. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT
    And people still support ****ty apple.... bah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.