C&Q does not work. Phenom 2 x4 965 freq never goes below 3,4.

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Morgemil, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    I Just installed the processor of the title and I am more than satisfied, but in the Windows desktop it never goes below 3.4 ghz 123.9w.
    I have tried with Windows power plans, but unlike my previous micro (an athlon 2), now I can´t manage the load percentage. The only thing I can change is the ¨System Cooling Directive ¨, but it made no difference.
    I had also tried enabling disabling ¨cool and quiet¨ and clearing the cmos to no avail.
    Finally the temperature is fine, always between 30-34 degrees, and the cooler runs at 3000rpm.
    The motherboard bios is already updated to the last oficial one .Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

PS: I didn´t reinstalled windows when I changed the processor ¿ Could this be related to the problem?

My pc: Phenom II X4 965@3.4Ghz / TA790GX A3 + / ATI 5770 Vapor x 1GB DDR5 / 4GB Gskill DDR3 1333 CL7 Ripjaws (2x2GB) ) / two Samsung hdds:1 terabyte and 250GB, / OCZ StealthXStream 600w. Running windows 7 64bits.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    IF you upgraded processors without reinstalling Windows, proceed to the Device Manager. Under "Processor", uninstall all iterations of your PhenomII X4 965. Restart the computer and allow Windows to reinstall the processor driver. This should correct your problem.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Are you sure it's not working? What app are you using to check the clock speed ?

4. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Hi sykozis, thanks for answering. Just tried your suggestion, It reinstalled the processor driver but things remains as they were.

5. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Both hardware monitor and cpuid report that freq. and voltage. Also, the windows power managemente doesn´t let me control the processor load %, the option just isn´t there :(.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Prob disabled in the BIOS then, is CPU voltage to offset or auto and not manual? That's required in order for C&Q to work afaik..

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  7. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Checking right now.

To ilustrate :):

[​IMG]

8. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Nope, everything is on auto, it must be a probe issue like you said, the never gos above 35º.

9. Chejo

Chejo Active Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060
    I would suggest re installing windows. Am I reading this picture correctly and your cpu is recognized as a 3 core?

10. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Wow, how I didn´t see that, my previous processor was an athlon 2 x3 435 so that migth do the trick. Thanks

11. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    How many cores are showing up in your BIOS?

12. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    In the mb bios it shows up like this:
    [​IMG]

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    This is posted on Biostar's website on the CPU Compatibility page
    Have to tried to clear cmos yet?

14. Morgemil

Morgemil Active Member

GPU:
    ati 5770 Vapor x
    Yup, that was the first thing I did before installing the processor. But it was windows all along as chejo suggested. Now all is working just fine. Thanks to all for the answers.:)