RAGE gets driver profile update..

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by TheHunter, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    I love your cfg, it turned my game a lot better, but have a question. When setting anisotropic to "16" it is reverted to "low" in in-game menu, but if I set it to "8" it stays "high" in ingame menu. Why this? :stewpid:

Where do you get to know all these great tweakcommands from?
    Is it possible to tweak the sound also? I have a Logitech Z 5400 surround speaker-set and I want to get most out of it as with the graphic

2. DarkTerror

DarkTerror Member

GPU:
    Geforce 660ti
    People bashing this game got no flipping clue about tech and the way this game engine works all they needs is graphics option to hamper the GPU. Rage looks better than most of the games at the same time its not demanding at all. I have zero problems with the game and its a excellent FPS and after a long time its a challenging A.I unlike stupid Crysis games.

3. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Big question...is there level loading in RAGE like Fallout3 or is it completely seamless?

4. SUnSpot

SUnSpot Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI gaming 970 4GB
    small answer: yes its loading screen between areas, its only a 1-2 second load tough.

5. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I read somewhere anything over 4x aniso is ignored or doesn't work with this engine. Everyone says set it to 4x and tweak the other settings.

I haven't seen as much sound settings all the rageconfig files i've seen posted were about the graphics...

6. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    thanks mate but aint mine i just moded some values, it was posted by a mate here on the thread

cheers all credits to him
    Serg

7. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    why the heck hasn't Nvidia released another driver for this game??...ATI has relased 3 so far...ID kept putting most of the blame for the poor performance on driver issues so why hasn't Nvidia stepped up with a new driver release?

an upcoming Nvidia driver is supposed to enable the ‘swap-tear’ extension that will allow Rage players to use the ‘Smart’ VSync option

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    whql will be out monday.

9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Maybe because the 285.38 beta driver already works perfectly fine with the game with no issues that I've come across. The Smart v-sync option also works perfectly as I tested it by forcing 16K textures which causes the framerate to dip below the flawless 60 fps I otherwise get with 8K ones and this results in some minor tearing (much like you see in console games that use this 'hybrid' v-syncing). So I know it does works. At least on my system it does as I don't see any tearing at all otherwise.

AMD's OpenGL driver has always been weaker than NVIDIA's in my experience, hence the reason they've updated the drivers three times for this game. I believe that Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, also an OpenGL game, has water rendering artifacts on AMD cards which they still haven't fixed yet that game worked fine right when I bought it late last year!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2011
  10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Good to know. I may install the modded 285.58 Quadro drivers in the meantime just to see how they performance.

11. TitusTroy

TitusTroy Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    that's good to know...although I'm sure it has everything to do with Battlefield 3 and very little to do with RAGE

didn't know it worked with the 285.38 drivers...I thought it required a future driver update

12. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    still no SLI for this game ?