AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview2 [BF3 & RAGE Driver] (8.901.2 October 6)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 7, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Keloran

Keloran New Member

GPU:
    ATi 5770x2, 1Gb
    personally i cant even use 11.6, rage just bombs out without starting, latest have serious artifact issues

we are starting to run out of the week, to get crossfire support "next week"

2. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    Why don't you just install 11.9 whql drivers and take only 11.6 atioglxx.dll file and put it in the game folder? This is the best thing to do. Everything works fine except BF3 which i haven't tested cause i don't like betas.

And don't use cfg file. No need to unless you want to change game speed or FOV.

P.s. I finished the game yesterday and i have to say that it's an amazing game. It could have a few stages more though...

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  3. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    These are working good for me with 11.9 cap 1 for BC2 if any1 is interested and has a similar setup, bit of a no no together but gotta try what works.

Only had a small amount of flicker on one map so far with a few days of gaming.

You say Rage was amazing? With all the below avg scores and reviews... just can't fathom how that could be the case.

-smc

4. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

11.9 with Cap1 was completely unplayable. Too much flickering and texture pop-ups. 11.6 on the other hand, played with minor glitches and purple artifacts, but the frame rate totally tanked o_O. Not sure whether its even worth giving this game a 2nd chance.

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Im in the middle of rage, and it is a great game.

All the negative reviews are people pissed at the dirvier issues and texture problems.

6. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    Yeah man..Rage is a very good game. Infact i had a long time to play a game like this. I know about all the problems with artifacts and CF and everything but believe me, if you manage to play the game like i did (60fps with vsynk all the time and everything maxed out) then you would be amazed!!

Ohh.. about the reviews... Really.. i DON'T give a s**t. And you shouldn't either.

7. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Then you need to calm down first.

*crickets*

*tumbleweeds*

...okay, okay... *leaves*

8. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    :arnie: And here is one of my favorite territories.. :arnie:

[​IMG]

:evilgrin: It's madness in there!!! :evilgrin:

9. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Just finished RAGE. WTF is up with that ending? They ran out of cash in the middle of the game or something? :3eyes:

10. DanEVO7

DanEVO7 Member Guru

GPU:
    Duke 2080 Ti
    HAHAHAHA!!! Something like that might have happened!!!!!!!!!

11. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Incoming DLC, Carmack even said so

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yea and gif HQ texture pack plox :)

13. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    sooner the better so we can finish the game lol

14. diogo_cme

diogo_cme Guest

GPU:
    MSI Cyclone 6850 OC
    Just curious: why turn off the triple buffering?

ON/OFF are not making any difference for me. Both working fine. :)

15. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

These drivers worked wonders for me. All issues are completely resolved. No more texture pop-ups, un-even frame rate. Rock solid overall with smart Vsync on. Only gripe I have is the FOV. Is there any way to adjust apart from the cfg. Don't want to ruin the 60 fps mark I've hit with the new drivers :(.

16. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    I get the game working fine...even amazing.graphics,sound,everything and high fps...
    until I got to the Ghost hideout. On entry I lost all textures.
    any help

17. northy

northy Guest

GPU:
    Ati HD 6770m 1gb
    Crashes

Using Hp-dv6 series Laptop and it has HD 6770m Graphics Card.

Im on this drivers atm but RAGE freezes in few minutes and it gives black screen ''Display driver stopped responding and Recovered'' after that error the game becomes unplayable and stops responding as well.

Screen tearing is not completely gone even in VSYNC mode as well.

With the previous drivers i had the same problem but not as often as this one.
    Tried everything included gameconfig.cfg file and few more core clock adjustments but there were no success at all.

I remember when i bought my first Asus HD 5970 Voltage Tweak edition, it was doing the same thing in games or video applications. It was a bios issue and the timings of Core clocks were failzor. We fixed this issue by flashing the bios with the true one.

I searched the forums but couldn't find reliable answer to fix the bios settings or anything else.

Any hands will be appreciated.

18. Stephan.nl

Stephan.nl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    11.10 Drivers work fine for RAGE but everything else on my computer like After Effects or Photoshop wont even load with these drivers.

"It gives a black screen ''Display driver stopped responding and Recovered''.

Beware ;)

19. ablev

ablev Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapph Nitro+ 5700XT
    I have the same problem with After Effects, Photoshop and GPU CapsViewer 1.14.3.
    I start the app, then crash, black screen and the massage:''Display driver stopped responding and Recovered''.
    I´m back to Cat 11.9 and the problem is gone, but i can´t play Rage.
    What can i do ?

ablev

20. diogo_cme

diogo_cme Guest

GPU:
    MSI Cyclone 6850 OC
    I just had that error. I was using Cubase (music production) and a plug-in crashed, but instead of a regular "program not responding" crash, I had the ''Display driver stopped responding and Recovered'' crash...