AMD responds to FX line negativity!

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by maleficarus™, Oct 14, 2011.

1. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    BD is called 'crap' because it's been 4+ years in development, marketed profusely, broke 8GHz OC world record (which was held previously by a Pentium 4; go figure), had more real cores than the competition, and yet still performs around the same as a year-old tech that's going to be updated in a few months.
    Even worse, still performs around the same with AMD's own last gen.

So, yes, it's crap.

2. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    it should have decimated sandybridge but it didn't

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    this sums it up nicely..

Fools.

4. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Wrong, BD was not marketed at all by AMD-untill now. It was hyped around the internet from gamers yes. Just like the game DNF was the last 12 years. Big difference there. Online review sites hyped it a bit, but that is what they do to cause extra hits on there websites. AMD did nothing, matter of fact, I never heard a single thing from AMD concering BD the last 4 years. It seems to be on par with Intel. Everyone sucked Intel-dick when the 2500K and 2600K came out. People need to put things into perspective here. It dosen't matter if it took AMD a few extra years to match Intel. PAR on the golf course is PAR on the golf course. PAR is PAR...

5. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    "You're benchmarking it wrong." -Steve Fruehe-

I kid, I kid... =b

6. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    :wanker:

it did however decimate sandybridge on power an heat

7. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    The catch to that though is, the X4 980 is faster than the i7 2600k in BF3 aswell by about the same margin as the FX8150 (about 3fps at 1080p). It's good that the FX8150 is a few fps faster than the i7 2600k in BF3, BUT it's not good that it's no faster than it's own old X4 980 in BF3 and in a lot of other games to.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  8. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    My GTX460 is as fast the the GTX560. GTX460 is older tech.

Pot calling the kettle black...

9. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rDwXuAINJk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKN4VMOenNM

Yes, of course, you've heard nothing from them.
    Especially if you've never gone to AMD's own forum and read JF's frothing FAQs about Bulldozer, and his preaches on multiple forums including the one at AnandTech.

See no evil, hear no evil, say no evil, right?

10. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    I think you missed the point, but that's pretty normal.

11. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    I think you guys missed the point as per usual. Guys are claiming the new FX chip is no faster then older AMD chips released before it. Guess what? My GTX460 VGA card is as fast as the NEWER GTX560 VGA card. See the conection there? Of course you do...unless your blind!

12. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The difference is that GTX560 consumes lesser power than it's older gen.
    Oh, and it didn't take 4+ years to develop it; only months, even.

Get a grip on reality and stop picking up straws.

13. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    Uploaded in 2011. What year are we in? Oh yes that is right 2011...

Geez guys I am half sleeping and can own your arguments lol

14. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    No difference. Stop being the pot calling the kettle black!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now your just nit-picking on fuel milage.

15. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's Oct 11, 2011 and Sep 12, 2011.

lol?

[edit]
    Ooohh...someone edited 2001 to 2011

Oh, and you did say you didn't hear anything in the last 4 years or something like that...
    [/edit]

16. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    You said amd has been marketing for years. LOL where are the years?

17. Major Melchett

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    On top of that it didn't cost a lot more or require an entierly new motherboard to use it.

Right now for gaming for example for me to "upgrade" to an FX8150 it would cost me £200 for the cpu and at least £100 for a new motherboard (a cheap one) YET it wouldn't actully give me any great benefits in gaming and in a lot of cases worse performance.

That's just not right IMO (basing this on AMD to AMD upgrade), i actully agree with mal somewhat (well i never) in that it's not as huge a failure as some make out BUT it's not exactly a success either.

If they're going to stop production of their old lineup then they really needed to make sure their new flagship was faster in everything not slower in key areas, that's the biggest issue i have with BD.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Check the forums at Anand; JF has been preaching for almost a year there.

19. Death_Lord

Death_Lord Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 GTX 8GB
    I wonder why theres so much hate around, why people with 2500k and 2600k complains so much? you are not happy with what you have? you really wanted to swap to AMD and you ended up disapointed? Nvidia keeps Rebranding their old hardware over and over and noone ever complained, It may use less energy but god damn, atleast its the minimum it should deliver by going one generation above.

Bulldozer was indeed hyped by people, not by AMD, Intel and AMD and all other companies always trow Slides in their conferences, some are not accurate and maybe doesnt represents the final product, this slides gets leaked outside and people thinks that they are advertising.

I only wish for AMD to recover and get competitive, this will be profit for us, customers because price wars is all we want and wish, We dont want to get ****ed in the ass by some monopoly prices.

20. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    The problem is PC gamers cause all this hype crap and then the let-down that follows. They did this to the game Duke Nukem Forever. It was doomed before it even was released. Same with the FX line from AMD. The main problem is that most PC gamers are immature kids living with there parents. They have no sense of anything other then there console and computer (oh and there bong). They get all dramatic about things especially concerning video games. They get all worked up over DRM the loss of freedom. They get all dramatic about running services in the back ground even though they just went out and bought 16GB of memory.

In short PC gamers are idiots! The few that are not (like me) have a real grasp of the industry. Guys like me understand the ups and downs of the industry. Guys like me are mature enough to know what is FUD and what is not FUD. Now all we are reading is the FUD about the FX line of chips from AMD spread by not only idiot PC gamers, but online review sites as well!

Now the FUD is AMD has been marketing for 4 years!! LOL Get a clue kids...it was YOU guys not AMD...