Battlefield - Bad Company 2 #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Cybermancer, May 30, 2010.

1. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Add it as a non steam game and add the -pinginterval 50000.
    All the instructions are in the video

2. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    So in order for this to work, I need to use steam? Is it possible to just use a desktop shortcut with this?

3. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Yes its possible no need to use Steam.

4. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    ok, I'll give it a try later, having RAM issues currently. 1 of my 2GB sticks died.Thx for the info.

5. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Currently I don't have the problem actually I never had it and I don't know if this will help you fix it, but its good to try it. There must be a solution for this problem but I hope its not your ISP as it will make it difficult to fix.

6. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    OK, these connection issues are just a bit annoying! "lost connection" "lost connection to host" "lost connection to EA" WTF man ...

7. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Oh this game is just nothing compared to BF3! :(

8. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    Update:
    i found a solution for my connection issues atleast. i tried all the ini tweaks etc, nothing worked. then i read there's an issue with the auto login feature. as i always use it, so i logged out and logged back in and kept "auto login" unchecked and since then i have been able to connect to any server and not get kicked with a connection error! hopefully this will work for others ...

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Quote obvious that it works but from a smarter point of view it would be better to just open those ports that matter using port forwarding.

10. felang

felang Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    I had actually already tried setting my pc as DMZ and disabling SPI in the router and I was still getting disconnected. The only thing that worked for me was setting the "pinginterval". DonĀ“t know if it was a coincidence or not but it works for me.

11. [Drazio]

[Drazio] Guest

GPU:
    -
    Anyone still play this game? It's awesome!

I've been doing some performance recording with my 6950 before I get my 7970...and this happened.

After playing BF3 I miss C4'ing like this..it makes this game much more entertaining (imo).

12. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I was a BC2 player and I found it awesome. But BF3 is a better game in every way for me.

13. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i go back and forth between Bad Company 2 and Battlefield 3, i like BF3 more, but i like to play BC2 when i get tired of BF3's maps. i also play Homefront! when i get bored of the other two. as he ducks ... :wanker:

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    EA turns off Multiplayer Servers for the game, 8th December 2023!

15. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Was great game in MP. Still waiting for BC3 - cmon EA :mad:

16. Glottiz

Glottiz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080 OC
    I forgot this news, but now that I saw this thread bumped I feel sad again reading this. This wasn't the best BF but Bad Company games hold special sentimental value to me. I played the first BC on Xbox and it was the first BF game with proper story and funny, likable characters, not just random army dudes. Second game I played online on PC a lot. Destruction was amazing, I think no other BF game still does destruction as good as BC2.

I played Battlefield since 1942 demo and it's been depressing to see this franchise die after BF4.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    BFBC2 was groundbreaking (literally in regards to destruction). Fast action with great maps made specifically with Rush game mode in mind, teamplay, awesome gunplay and sounds, it was simply amazing and memorable. It was also the first BF game I properly got into (the older ones I disregarded because I had no/shitty internet in the early 2000s and later all my online gaming was WoW...) and by time /played it probably still has the first spot, followed closely by BF1.

So yeah... sad news, but I'm sure there will be some community driven projects that will keep online play going in some way or another after the date.

Airbud and MaCk0y like this.
  18. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT

Bastards!!!

I would also love a BC3 but i`ve lost hope after i read the developers of the game saying that they don`t understand what made BC2 so good, and that they wouldn`t know how to make a proper sequel...

19. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    So much fun playing multiplayer back in the day. I also enjoyed listening to the 'eerie' sound of the buildings collapsing.

DocStr4ngelove and Solfaur like this.
  20. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4070 ti TUF
    It's kind of mind boggling we never got another sequel. I guarantee this game sold way more than 2042.