GeForce 285.38 BETA (Battlefield 3 Driver)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    Yea give these a try, otherwise go back to 285.27 (i found these a little smoother), i need more testing though..

I played L4d2 yesterday and i had these occasional hickups again, im not 100% is it driver or maybe to tight advanced mem timings.. But the last time i play it i had 275.xx driver and it was fine..

2. braudrist

braudrist Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Suprim
    Hey TheHunter, I play L4D2 also and i'm using these drivers. I've been experiencing "The display driver has stopped responding" only while playing L4D2 (i'm assuming its a Source-based problem). It only happens when returning to lobby from a game, sometimes it just crashed to desktop but sometimes I need a full reboot. Have you or has anyone been experiencing similar problems? I did a clean install, but of course with my luck, its probably just me having these problems :mad2:

3. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I went back to 185.27 because the gpu performance was 10x better then this bf3 beta.To top it off the beta drivers has severe issue with getting the gpu usage to get above 0%-20% in bf3.I did try 185.27 and is working much better in bf3 but still has issues with stuttering and not smooth performance until for like the 1st 2 or 3 rounds.

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    heh and i just reinstalled these .38 again, i thought 285.38 were weird in Dirt3 but then i returned to .27 and it was almost the same (not so smooth game play wise), meh stupid nv -_-

Hi, hm i never had that.. except this weird occasional stutter - now I raised my advanced mem timings a bit, gonna test later if its really the cause :nerd:

You can try and force prefer maximum performance (instead of default adaptive) in L4D2 nvcpl profile.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2011

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I did and still the same problem hunter.I'm still trying to figure all this out myself but personally I am going for nvidia's next set of drivers and till my copy of bf3 is able to preload and play.

6. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
  7. Romo

Romo Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX780 DCU II OC
    I` m having some problems with these 285.38 drivers.
    I install them, reboot and just when windows start to load - BSOD !!! (says something like driver reset... and timeout ...)
    All earlier versions work fine.
    Any suggestions ? :(

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    HDMI driver conflict? did you disable it in device manager (if you're not using it)

And maybe first install that old working driver, now use this clean driver install option by 285.xx installer and overwrite/reinstall them again just to be sure, also run physx installer and select repair,..

Run ccleaner (reg cleaner) if there are any nv related issues, now restart and check it out:nerd:

9. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    i hope its due to an uninstall/intall process issue.

Edit: have another go, as The Hunter also suggests

10. woniu

woniu Member

GPU:
    GIGABYTE HD7850 2048 OC
    great drivers for me. F1 2011 works ok no crashes here

11. Romo

Romo Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX780 DCU II OC
    Thanks but I tried all that before I posted... 280.26 works fine for me so maybe the best thing is to skip the 285.38 beta... or they DO make much difference ?

12. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    what about 285.27?

edit: now that i've reinstalled these they run smoother, just played 2-3 rounds COD5 waw and not a single hickup.:nerd: heh weird stuff..

I didnt have such issue in a long time, could be advanced mem timings fault too that somehow affects it as a whole (i've relaxed them a little bit).

13. elando

elando Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Worst drivers in my 2 years with 470 and I mean it, constant crashes and even if i go back to the previous ones I still get the crashes so... Im dissapointed

14. killfactor

killfactor Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX275 SLI
    Getting low GPU usage in SLI with these and GTX275 SLI.... in BF3 beta.

Never goes above 60 to 65% and I'm not CPU bottlenecked/limited.

15. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Clearly your card has gone bad if several drivers are crashing. Or you need to reinstall the OS.

16. elando

elando Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Only after installing the newest drivers for the battlefield 3 that started to happen so I doubt its my fault tho Im going to reinstall OS today.

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Obviously you did something wrong with install and uninstall then. If a problem persists after uninstallation, which was fresh to the driver set, some leftover files should be causing your trouble.

18. Psyke

Psyke Guest

GPU:
    Geforce 335M
    Hi, I'm new here.

Sorry for the noobish question, but can I install this driver on my Geforce 335M?

Thanks!

19. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    is there anybody solved the crysis 2 brightness issue.. please contact me ASAP.

20. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    No! x-fi :p go back to DH