Apple iPhone 5? Nope. It's the 4S

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by PhazeDelta1, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Denny85

Denny85 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    it is still unclear about ram but most likely it has 1gb. The first ipad had only 256mb of ram which was kinda odd.

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    iirc, the os and a few other system stuff will use some of that 1gb. so its going to be alot less memory thats available.

3. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i think that's china you're referring to buddy. :)

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    last time i checked hong kong is in china :p

5. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Actually it is it's own state although technically part of China it is self governed and free from any of China's restrictions. For all intents and purposes it is its own country. It was released by us (the British), but not to China but as it's own independant place (stimpulated at the time to be for a minimum of 50 years).

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  6. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    i know that man.. but it was in mainland china (and not HK) where the fake apple shops are, right? i think a saw it in the frontpage news section here..

7. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    No, its mainland china that have problems with fake shop and yes, Hong Kong is part of China but why are you mentioning Hong Kong when the fake shop appear in China and have nothing to do with Hong Kong?

8. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    I know, you were right, which is why I quoted them and not you...

9. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    The fake shops were all in mainland China, if it happened in Hong Kong, it'll be closed down in a day because a) Hong Kong has tough anti-piracy laws (you can't buy fake software easily anymore) b) people know how real Apple stores look like. The ones in China will tend to also say Apple Store, or in one instance, one said "Apple Stoer" lol.

deltatux

10. Denny85

Denny85 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    OMG!!! Steve Jobs Died!!!!!

11. NODO-GT

NODO-GT Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Laptop

Mali-400 in galaxy S II is quad-core GPU, while in 4S and Ipad2 543MP2 the last number in it's name is equal to number of cores. plus as i said you can argue with GSII being better than 4S in terms of hardware, but at least it's on pair with apple. now please consider that it was released 6 month ago, and as a competitor to 4S we should consider Nexus Prime, or other phones being released within a month.

all that being said I'll repeat my last post: Right now I don't see any advantage of Iphone having 543 GPU inside, the only thing that is using it is Infinite blade 2 that the were talking about at presentation which is nothing special same Unreal Engine 3. Nvidia is highly interested in developing new mobile gaming segment, so they are working closely with google on android side an manufacturers such as Asus which will be first to feature quad core Kal-El. look at Lost Planet 2 demo running on Android, it's amazing, just get regular HDMI cable and play it on HD screen. also upcoming ShadowGun, insane visuals...

ok lets forget about GPU and Dual LED flash:
    bigger screens, AMOLED in case of GSII, more processing power 1.2GHz Dual Core CPUs, while 4S is using underclocked A5 (probably 800-1000MHz), HDMI ports, and then it continues on software side, Android, Flash, customization, open source, so on.

I do admit that i sound like maybe fanboy? or just apple hater, I don't know maybe it's the case...

P.S.
    really sad news about steve jobs... RIP

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You're not sounding like a fanboy at all mate, you're just telling it how it is. Don't feel bad about it ;)

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    its strange that everyone who talks about how good apple products, afraid of FANBOYSM attack..and keep saying: iam not a fanboy..

ffs..dont let those bitches make u feel that way.

14. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    The 4s has me sold....for my wife.

I owned an ipod touch, and then got the first droid 1 (now droid x)...been an avid apple hater for years, got my wife off a crackberry 6 months ago and bought her an htc incredible (android) and she loves it...but she comes home (as a hair stylist) with her phone at 10-20 % battery life and sometimes dead all together...despite getting her an extra battery she thinks its too complicated. Im proud of her for picking up android os so easy but she is eligible for an upgrade and...maybe because im feeling sentimental about steve jobs, but im going to buy her the 4S when it comes out in a week (then sell the incredible on criagslist for 140, buy the 4s for 200, out of pocket is 60 bucks). The 4s is supposed to have better battery life than the 4...which from being around my stupid sister in law at disney world all day for 10 days..I can tell you the 4's battery life will easily do a long day and have tons left at the end...so..Im going to buy it for her. She will miss the apps that download songs free and the widgets...but I think she will get over it.

had to vent...as Im going against my beliefs over the last 3 years.

15. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    Except in Stanley Market....... although it is over 10 years since i was last there, guess things have changed a fair bit...

16. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Hong Kong passed legislation which allowed police to have more powers to clamp down on piracy, since the mid 2000s, it's quite difficult to find pirated software, let alone stores lol.

deltatux

17. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    i think the hardware is brilliant its the OS i dont like, its so bland that it always needs a jailbreak.

18. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Jailbreaking is essentially what rooting is in Android. However, Jailbreaking involves exploits while rooting is actually supported in Linux, hence supported in Android.

deltatux

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    To gain root access in android devices that don't normally have root access to begin with(Which is all consumer devices, only developer devices are completely rooted) people use security exploits all the time, and not on just the OS but the bootloader as well.(HTC and the whole new encryption that took forever to break)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  20. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB