AMD Catalyst 11.9 [RAGE Driver] (8.892.3 October 3)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
  2. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    This Tweet has been posted 19 hours ago.
    I believe we have now the updated/correct driver in this thread - asder00 already confirmed it, so I have no reason NOT to believe him.

3. Shabaco

Shabaco Guest

GPU:
    -
    so how is Brink 2, sorry Rage? been reading reviews and they say it's a bad console port.

4. skyline385

skyline385 Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU EAH6850
    That has already been uploaded....that is the driver with the proper OGL files but it also is not helping.....check the tweet was made 19 hrs ago where else there is already a tweet 14 hrs ago from him saying "Here are the proper driver".........

5. LiquidFrost

LiquidFrost Member Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3080 Master
    Nice to see smartasses contribute nothing to the thread either.

Game runs fine on c2d with 11.6 drivers mind you. Texture pop-in isn't exactly fixed, but a few config edits and that's not too bad.

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    If you are gonna use 5 year old tech on a state of the art graphics engine, you are gonna have issues.

fact of life. no need to play the righteously indignant.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  7. skyline385

skyline385 Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU EAH6850
    State of the Art Graphics engine my ass, u are calling an engine built for consoles "State of the Art", an engine which has no customisation options in game, an engine which just maxes the graphic details in the vicinity and then starts to load it only when the mouse/controller is moved, that is ur "State of The Art" Engine :puke2: ....if it runs on 5 year old consoles then PC aint gonna be a problem, seriously go read about the Engine before posting stupid comments such as this.......worst engine ever :thumbdown

8. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Rage ain't even out yet till the 6th i wonder why ppl are complaining already lol hmm suspects...

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    it uses idtech5, it IS state of the art, consoles or not.

the idtech5 engine subbosedly scales itself to your hardware automagically, which is why there are no options.

its the engine, NOT THE GAME.

i have none of the issues you have mentioned.

just because you are having issues doesnt change the facts.

bah, why am i argueing with some know-it-all punk using an e8400?

10. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Unlike down under, it's already out in the US.

11. deathfrag

deathfrag Guest

work like charm with this driver , solid 60 fps 1080p 8x all default in ccc exept vsync set to on , no bug no stutter (gpu 50% to 60% only !!!) win 7 64

sp1[​IMG]

12. skyline385

skyline385 Member

GPU:
    ASUS DirectCU EAH6850
    This is PC....we dont need an engine "subbosedly" scaling itself....i want to configure what options i want maxed and what not....if u want it then go play consoles and i have run Metro 2033 maxed out.....only an idiot like u can consider idTech5 to be better than Metro's 4A Engine.....Also being such a poor port that the game is, i actually doubt it that the game is using any Tesselation and thats y the older CPUs are struggling and instead of bitching about ur i5 go read the links i posted earlier, the game "subbosedly" fails to even recognise the VRAM.......

13. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    These are different from the 11.9whql set as they fix Bulletstorm's lighting bug, which the 11.10 BF3 drivers also did... so they are not just the 11.9whql's with the RAGE fixes, as the lighting bug was still present in those.

Getting RAGE tomorrow on disk, having pre-ordered it sometime ago, so it will be interesting to see how I fare... I nearly cancelled after all the issues people were having, so I hope I did the right thing.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    [rolls-eyes]

Not worth arguing about

you dont get to make those decisions, the people who fund the games/engines do.

You arent willing to accept the current status of gaming.

as i said, i have none of the issues you are talking about.

15. HGooper

HGooper Member

GPU:
    2 X Sapphire HD7970
    Will crossfire work on this rage fix driver?

16. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    dont forget RAGE is IDTech5 (OGL), Battlefield 3 is Frostbite 2 (D3D).

They use different DLLs, so they dont really have any effect on each other except for the package updates...

17. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Yes I realise that, I just observed that the BF3 11.10 drivers fixed Bulletstorm's lighting bug, whereas the 11.9whqls did not... however the RAGE 11.9's also fix Bulletstorm, so there seems to be some additional d3d fixes in these drivers over the 11.9whql's as well as the ogl fixes for RAGE.

18. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    now thats interesting......

19. thug_angel

thug_angel Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    I had the exact same problem with 11.8 on xp. It use to do the whole "vpu recovery" when ever the system booted. The 11.8 works fine on win 7 for me.

Weird problem.

20. foxX

foxX Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6800XT MERC
    the mac and skyline - chill out bros.
    The game is obviously pretty light on resource consumption. No doubt it packs the best engineering out there.

My gripe is with the current state of affairs in the drivers sector. We seem to be getting quick fixes, and not proper - by the standards - implementations. Like an OpenGL "hotfix" which seems to use the CPU to somehow doctor the offsets of the textures within the vram or something in that direction, that feels like ducttape.

With 9.11, the game is very slow but looks right, given enough time after each mouseturn. This makes me think the streaming is somewhat slower than expected.
    With the hotfix it runs pretty good even at 1920x1200, above 30 fps, just that the objects are mostly without textures or with broken ones. All the shader effects are fine though. As soon as I turn on Catalyst AI the framerate goes to 60 for a second, 0 for 4-5, and again. Textures look fine. CPU usage jumps from 60% to 100%. Is it me or is AMD doing T&L computations on the CPU instead of the GPU to mask their borked GL code :biggun: because heh, why bother with proper 3D when people have quad core Intels that can probably handle it?

Keep in mind that my system is at around the recommended settings, and not at min (E8400 between 3 and 4 ghz, 8 GB of fastest DDR2, 4850).

Now in case you were wondering, I'm saving myself for an 8150 or a 2700k under the Christmas tree, to dwarf your 2500ks, u jelly?