IS it worth it to overclock memory?

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Saifz, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Yes he is, :nerd: he thinks he's the smartest person in the world.

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    ha ha just found where he said command rate is the most important thing. lol

3. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    And I thought I was this forums best tr0ll!?

LOL

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Hahah, yeah. Let him think what he wants :p

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    your still the top troll in my book if that makes you feel better:)

6. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Thanks Tommy. I try....

7. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    thats not the end of it, ..one benchmark and thats it? really..lets try this one..
    [​IMG]
    or this one
    [​IMG]
    need more..heres more
    [​IMG]

Point being there IS a happy medium...highest mhz doesnt always win and lowest cas neither..its finding a good combo of both that also runs in sync with what you plan your oc to be...now will you REALLY feel the difference..no..you probably couldnt tell if you didnt know...so leave the ram be unless you enjoy tinkering with it..

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I see why he made a thread about everyone being hostile :p

9. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G

here: http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=160

[​IMG]

yes some rams die easy, some u just cant brake

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  10. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    This must be the yearly moron that joins the forums. Ah well, maybe next years moron won't fail so hard.

11. Saifz

Saifz Guest

GPU:
    460 Zotac 1gb 800/2000
    im sorry what?

12. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Don't mind him, he's just trying to pass on the Yearly Moron Cup

13. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    If OC-ing memory has no significant/noticeable 'real life' performance gain, why bother?

14. n0b0dy

n0b0dy Guest

GPU:
    Asus 6950 2GB
    1) Where did I say anything that running tighter timings would increase gaming performance genius?
    2)My what you think my system is out dated cause of a PII and DDR 2 memory? Your clueless and a wannabe who reminds me of a Best Buy geek squad worker. Complete numbnuts.
    Hint: BRAND NEW DOES NOT EQUAL ENTHUSIAST.
    Anyone can go spend 1500$ right now on a pretty nice rig and say look I got ethusiast, when that may not be the case, enthusiast parts meet certain specs, and all my parts whether 2 or 3 of them are older are still considered enthusiast and can still run anything I throw at it, even BF3 so stfu, people that argue like you just for the sake of it im sure never even got laid. Buncha best buy geek squad wannabe nerds. You are not true geeks.

Yeah F you too. The moment someone say something to the contrary of your ignorance means they are a troll?

Wanna bet my IQ is higher then you and every single person challenging me?

Laugh, you will also be ignored soon if I see clueless remarks like this again, CMD rate will increase real world performance big time and for the benchmark braggers it should make a big difference too.

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME BRAINS. I dont really care about memory benchmarks but at least your proving those who do wrong.
    Face it wannabes, timings matter most.

I dont bother, in fact I sacrifice memory for CPU speed if I dont have an unlocked multi.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011
  15. n0b0dy

n0b0dy Guest

GPU:
    Asus 6950 2GB
    People toss the word troll around the moment they dont like what they read for no reason, and thats not what the true definition of a troll is.

A troll is what they are doing to me, its like a swarm of trolls, eargly looking for miniscule irrelevant details just to pick a fight, THAT is trolling my friend, dont listen to them, they are probably just frusttrated cause they never got laid or know how to please the opposite sex, or same sex if they are into that :D

16. DementeD

DementeD Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD "6970" 1000/1500
    like mentioned, they dont matter "most" however they do matter, like said in my post with those benchmarks theres a happy medium that will get you the best performance between mhz and timings..and not always do high mhz or low timings win..its about having a good balance of both..

17. n0b0dy

n0b0dy Guest

GPU:
    Asus 6950 2GB
    Agreed but finding the ratings you want in a chip costs monies. Manufacturers know what enthusiasts are looking for. I always look for the best bang for buck. I dont skimp on brands when it comes to memory though, only Kingston Hyper X or gaming class Mushkin for my own computers. On a budget rig I could use something "Value" from kingston or mushkin, it doesnt matter. I just only usually use these two brands. Used to like Corsair, but been seeing too many mixed reviews lately about them.
    G-Skill seems to be doing good lately, they have amazingly cheap low latency models available. I wouldnt deal with G-Skill say 5 years ago, but now Im only hearing good things about them.

18. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    I think you will find that performance costs money. No matter what.

However, given your attitude in this forum for the little-less-than-160 "contributions" you've had on the forum, I suspect even your own experience will be rejected if it doesn't align with whatever fantasy of performance you've cooked up.

I suspect you'd have been a card-carrying member of Dr. Whiteface's guild...

//Svein

19. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You didnt, but you did say "Real world tests" which applies to GAMES, which is as real world as it gets. Oh let me guess, you meant browsing folders in your drives. lol?

Heres the thing, nothing you have was enthusiast at any point in time in their product life span. So WTF does being new have to do with anything?

So MR high IQ who cant make a legible sentence. "My what you think my system is out dated cause of a PII and DDR 2 memory?"

I think you are butt mad because you are wrong. And no, nothing you have is considered enthusiast. Prove me wrong.

Its not, its much lower than every single person here.

No it wont, there is hardly any difference in real world performance from CMD-1 vs CMD-2. I have tried it myself. Lets see some proof of your so called "big time" increase.

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Give the guy a break guys,hes a new member,hes only trying a little too hard to cement himself a place here,i think hes alright even if i dont agree with some of the things he says,no need for everyone to *gang* up on him.