GeForce 285.38 BETA (Battlefield 3 Driver)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by asder00, Sep 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    I've been reading a lot of issues on the net about pre overclocked cards mainly 570/580gtx series which are having a crash to desktop in DX11 games. I have the same issue with my 580gtx sli setup. Heaven and 3D mark 2011 run smooth as butter, but when i play Crysis 2/FEAR3/Deus EX HR DX11 it sometimes crashes to desktop. I solved it by setting my pre overclocked cards back to stock settings. Maybe it helps for people who are having the same issues.:)

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Depending on how severe the error is (how early does it happen, hard lock or just a driver recovery) it may already be enough to increase the voltage with Afterburner by one notch.

3. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Ahhh, good to hear..well no, i mean its good im not the only one and that it is driver related..Not good that it is happen..lol.

well ok, i hope they fix this soon..So, 1080 videos ONLY, when watching online :(

Anyway, THX for testing it DesGaizu..really appreciate it.

-BetA

4. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Same video stutter here, BetA - goes away if I drag the video slider back a bit (No, it's not a buffering problem). First drivers to ever give me issues - seems fine otherwise. I've tested in BF3, Deus Ex: HR, and Dead Island.

There does seem to be a bit of a delay switching to full-power 3d clocks.

5. Aderthad

Aderthad Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Hawk
  6. tykjen

tykjen Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    Just dropping by to say that I have been a victim of Directx errors, crashes to desktop and Nvidia driver resets during the Battlefield 3 beta. But NO MORE!

The 560 Ti I have is an overclocked edition by Gigabyte. So I clocked it down to its default values, from 900 to 850 on the core, and from 1800 to 1700 on the shader.

And since then, I have not had a single crash. I am FREE!

My FPS never goes below 60 btw, so that is said. No stutters.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  7. Man, I think you should RMA the card then...

8. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    Why? The problem with pre-overclocked cards is there OC'd at factory and like all overclocks they can't be 100% gureenteed. It is the way it is. They will toss on an extra cooler or dual coolers but they can never take into consideration peoples cases and air flow. You overclock a card yourself or buy it already overclocked, there is still the same risk...

9. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    You can also try increasing your voltage by a notch. See if that will let you keep your overclock. My 570 is preoverclocked as well, no issues in BF3.

10. It is same as you bought a HDD with some bad sectors... yes it works... but some files are being corrupt sometimes if I write something to it...

Factory overclocked cards are guaranteed to work on those frequencies without any kind of errors like these. It is just a bad sample, that's it... Don't be shy and ask for an another one... there for the price margin is compairing to stock ones. Downclock or a voltage increase is patch/workaround and that is not what you paid for...

So some are bashing drivers and nvidia, but actually the card is faulty and it stalls at resource heavy tasks or some other weak points in the architecture that causes the driver to crash when an erroneous bit processed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011

11. Nuja

Nuja Guest

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    doesnt seem to like overclock :/
    with previous forcewares I could overclock and plya any games it was fine...but with those drivers it crashes if its overclocked. Need to find the max oc for this set of forceware.

12. May I ask, how did you benchmark the stability of your overclock previously?

13. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Anybody else getting the 59Hz bug? Its connected to my monitor through DVI, but last night when I connected my PC to my TV through HDMI, refresh rate was correct at 60Hz

14. Nuja

Nuja Guest

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    Hi,
    some pass of heaven and lot of gaming

15. Arthur Hucksake

Arthur Hucksake Active Member

GPU:
    2 x MSI 570 Twin Frozr II
    It's not actually a bug. The driver will clock to the nearest depending on what response the panel gives back. A lot of them run at 59.400khz, others 59.8 etc

16. tykjen

tykjen Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 Ti
    My problem is most definitely caused by the beta. It has not been a problem in anything else with the oc on.

17. Aww, Tomorrow is the day of RAGE!!! :nerd:

Does anybody know about SLI support for them and is it DX9 only? Or wait few months till the iron out all the bug mess?

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea it has some SLI stuff

compatibility bits
    0x00000004

and

SLI_PREDEFINED_GPU_COUNT_ONE

SLI_PREDEFINED_MODE_FORCE_SINGLE

19. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I just noticed there is no Physx checked off in gpu z with these drivers.

I reinstalled just the Physx driver and it is working now.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  20. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    It's on the brand new OpenGL id Tech 5 engine.