The CCC still needs a complete uninstall

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by linyanti, Sep 30, 2011.

1. linyanti

linyanti Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 GTX Founders C
    This is such a small complaint but it has continued to happen for about the past six months. Everytime I install another driver over another the CCC will not function. It is not present in the systray. Right clicking the desktop shows it but it will not start. Going through the start button will show it but it will not start (even in admin mode).

Uninstalling the previous setup and reinstalling the new does give a perfectly functioning CCC. Before I had to do that and then use ******* Drivesweeper to get it cleared out. That was a sixty minute ordeal. Now it is only fifteen minutes.

There are many people in this world who have lots more to complain about (earthquakes, flooding, warfare) but it would be nice to just install the new driver over the old.

2. Anubi

Anubi Member

GPU:
    Saphire 5870
    Yeah i have the same pronblem too, and unistalling the driver is not enough, i have to use driversweeper too. :bang:

3. warrior-kid

warrior-kid Active Member

GPU:
    4090 RTX MSI Suprim
    11.9 over 11.8 went fine with the only exception of the 11.8 profiles first uninstalled.

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Try manually telling the driver installer to run as Admin.
    Its possible that it doesnt have full rights to replace all or part of CCC, or its settings - and as it runs silently, it might not throw up the error.
    I've seen similar issues with other installers not being able to complete.

5. ArgonV

ArgonV Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD XFX 7900 XTX
    Always always always always uninstall your old video card driver first. It has been this way since the beginning of video card drivers...