Driver: San Francisco

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BladeRunner, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is there a bug with the UPlay/Facebook integration system? I keep getting an error trying to link the game to my Facebook account but yet I can log into both Facebook and UPlay separately. I think it might have something to do with my email address as my three aliases and main address are all listed as invalid on the UPlay Account Settings update page for some reason even though I've used them with no problems on every other website to date. My email address is in the form of MYNAME@MYNAME.MYISP.CO.UK. It will accept my hotmail address though which is MYNAME@HOTMAIL.CO.UK. Anyone know how to work around it? My Hotmail account is pretty much one I use to catch spam so I do use it otherwise.

2. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    is this a good game guys? metacritic is good for now

why should i buy it ?

3. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    i bought it the other day and i love it :)

4. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i defeated deus ex and dead island sht and need new game..i NEED IT. u hear me :D

5. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    You finished a game???? And not only one, two of them??? That is an improvement man :p

6. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    Wow guys you are so critical. I actually enjoyed the game something bit more new than other titles. Beats crap of TDU2 and NFS series because all o those ar crap. This game has more fun elements. Remind me old day of Midtown madness 2.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Connos!!! :D

Yep. my new trend. BEAT IT or SCREW IT..lol.

Previously DUNGEON SIEGE 3 and FEAR 3(ohh wait i didnt complete FEAR 3, need to BEAT IT)

BOught SHOGUN 2 on deals but even didnt start a single game of it.

This game looks decent and i love driving games that has a COCPIT view :nerd:

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This game reminds me of The Wheelman both in its visuals and gameplay but it is fun nevertheless. The body swapping feature at least adds something a bit different to the game, there's a pleasing amount of humour throughout and it all runs smoothly enough with a nice draw distance albeit the LOD settings for the cars is a bit low (due to console limitations no doubt). Graphically it looks garish and cartoonish rather than realistic but it suits the game IMO. Also the way the game mixes high-quality FMV with in-game engine stuff using split screens is really cool and helps give it a slick cinematic feel. It's never going to win awards but compared with the last few Driver games (and especially the dire third instalment) this is great.

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thats for women isn't it :p

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    nice catch i tell u ;):nerd:

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  12. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    I tried this game at a friends house. Compared to GTA 3, VC and SA, the driving is similar and still arcade like. Took me more than 5 mins to get used to it but eventually did. Used a joypad in this case.

Plays like a cop and robbers version of Crazy Taxi and Midtown Madness (both good games back in the days). Chase down this guy, get to point XYZ, do some crazy stunt or time trials with side missions and etc...

Driving is a little tighter than both of those and I have to say on par with GTA 3, VC and SA with default car handling.

The city has really wide roads, wider than in real life since I know SF very well. I think they can narrow the roads down by 15-30% in some areas and it would feel close to reality in scale. This is one area where GTA is better than Driver. The scale of the environment.

The buildings have some nice textures, but are a little more "cartooney" and brighter than GTA 4 or even GTA SA. Its not low quality, just a different artistic take on it. The buildings are not as "boxy" as the Driv3r and Driver Parallel lines. There are some more polygons to make the environment more 3D so I would say close to GTA 3, VC and SA but again, it feels out of scale.

I also played Driver 3 and I thought that was a Midtown Madness version of Vice City but with really bad handling cars. This is better than D3 in handling.

Driver Parallel Lines was set in New York and it looks almost on par with GTA 3 but with slightly sharper textures yet totally BOXY architecture.

When you find a good car such as the Ford GT, it "almost" feels like NFS but not quite. NFS still has better handling, and this is better than crazy taxi. Almost as good as Midnight Club 2 on the PC. It is a good diversion though.

Cars looks beautiful for arcade cars and it appears it is all licensed.

Compared to GTA 4 and EFLC? Its all driving for one, with no on foot missions (I didn't play that long ~ couple of hours) and I like the possessing in/out feature. I don't use it much since I got used to chasing down the opponents in GTA and NFS, but it is almost like a cheat if you get stuck with a crap handling car.

If you already have GTA and like the default handling, then I think this is okay. If you like more realistic handling, skip it unless you can find it for a good price, say less than 10 bux when on sale.

I still prefer GTA series with the tighter scale maps but with "realistic" car handling mods.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    instead buying this i paid for RAGE..GIVE ME RAGEEE

14. mojoba

mojoba Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 8gb
    Personally if I want realism when driving I get in a car and drive, so I think being able to swap from one car/mission to another quickly by flying over a city is cool. And no you can't cheat by switching cars during the 200+ missions except the ones that allow you to do so as part of the mission scope such as taking down target cars, and then it's not to easy as they swerve away at the last second. In the actual races against other cars then you can't switch and there is a worldwide leader board for many races. I hate Forza games and Gran Turismo as I don't like driving simulation games. If you like Needs For Speed Hot Pursuit and other Arcade Driving where you can handbrake round bends and smash stuff with your car then you will like Driver.

If you do crash you won't be coming top in any leaderboard, and you won't be winning many online races but it's not a very challenging game to progress, more fun orientated. As I stopped being a kid a long time ago I reckon it's a game for all ages.

15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i only got the game today and played a few missions, it's GREAT! thats all i can say, a bit consolized but i'm not bothered and the graphics are good (the characters are superb).

performance is perfect, well over 100fps and smooth as a baby bum, each car handles different which is nice and the voice acting is acceptable.

all in all i'll give Driver SF a 7.5/10 which is reasonable. ;)

lol i buy both, for me it's never one or the other, it's BOTH. :D

16. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    o wel for me the game its fine when no mission is active otherwise its only framdrops i dont know what to do and the stupid thing only 55% of the gpu is in use culd be bad driver optimisation or what

17. blinx

blinx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus 680
    It's fun I like it

18. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    - Added support for Logitech G27 Steering Wheel.
    - Game now supports very high screen resolutions (up to 2560*1600).
    - Several menu control glitches fixed.
    - In some rare cases players may observe FPS stutter. This is now fixed.
    - Fixed an issue when the game was unable to locate player’s saves if his Uplay account contained ‘.’ (dot character).

Patch 1.3 is now out. :)

19. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    More importantly the game supports 16:10 aspect ratio resoltuions, e.g. 1680x1050 and 1920x1200 plus they're fullscreen too. Sadly, the existing AA flag no longer works as it is for 16:9 resolutions only. The game looks quite ugly without extra AA so I'm switching back to 1920x1080 until someone else comes up with a better AA flag that works with 16:10 displays.

20. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    How does FXAA or MLAA fare? That should work, at least for now until AA compatibility is added/improved. :)
    (FXAA is probably not yet part of the current NVIDIA drivers but will apparently be before the end of the year as I understood it but that hook .dll file by SomeDude should work, think the latest is beta10 still.)

I guess both would work with the game unless it's really poor with AA compatibility.
    (Which would be pretty difficult for the game considering how MLAA and FXAA works but it's probably not impossible.)